We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
Movies worth watching Options

WizardInBlack
#61 Posted : 1/10/2011 2:45:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some of the newer movies I've seen that were good (most of them have already been mentioned, most notably, above, by pinzj.

Stone was really good. Robert De Niro is fantastic in this movie.
Moon was great as well, a little zany perhaps, but that's Sam Rockwell for ya...
I'm a sucker for well thought out sci-fi (Philip K. Dick, Harlan Ellison etc) and really like all of the cinematic adaptions of P. K. Dicks work, most notably A Scanner Darkly (excellent film!), Blade Runner and Minority Report (aside from Tom Cruise's awful acting). I really love the Cube films, too.

Another (often mentioned, I'm sure) movie I saw fairly recently that I'd recommend is Enter the Void. I haven't actually seen it from start to finish in one sitting, but I will definitely make sure to do that soon.

I should also probably mention that I don't watch standard definition movies any more. Ever since I went over to hi def about half a year or so ago, I've been finding myself watching a LOT more films as a result, and I would never go back to watching standard def stuff (only) again.

So, a big recommendation for everyone that loves films is to get a simple media player for your HDTV (Western Digitals WD TV Live/WD TV Hub, for example) and get a good source of hi def films, or better yet, get a bluray reader and rip and encode your own movies! Smile
The wizard in black reveals the sign
Alone once again, into the void

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

open'nheart
#62 Posted : 1/10/2011 3:43:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the limits of control is a really good film.

Tamzin
#63 Posted : 1/11/2011 7:57:36 PM

Tamzin

Great thread Smile

This movie is great too, it is my fav movie of all time, I've uploaded it here if anyone's curious about it: Being There (1979)

And also this is a total must see movie if you haven't already!: Dune (1984) (The Alternative Edition v2). A movie all about DMT et al Smile
If you don't know what 'The Alternative Edition' is then read here: http://fanedit.org/598
Download:
Dune.part1.rar
Dune.part2.rar
Dune.part3.rar
Dune.part4.rar

sansans
#64 Posted : 1/12/2011 11:21:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so many movies, almost like spamming op "awesome movie titles!!"

--
Tamzin wrote:
Great thread Smile
This movie is great too, it is my fav movie of all time, I've uploaded it here if anyone's curious about it: Being There (1979)

thanks, very nice. i'll take a look at that and dune too. i've been meaning to see both.

Mindgame (2005)
PERFECT MOVIE TO MENTION on this forum. I've probably seen as many animated movies as the average person. Cowboy bebop series, some champloo- that's about it.. But I'd recommend Mindgame to anyone who likes psychedelics, especially to anyone who's totally crossed over. the first time i saw it, it was already up to the scene where everyone is in the restaurant and the angry soccer player comes in with another guy -- i had no idea what the movie was about, and this is juuuuust when the movie 'takes off'. i felt it was really a great place to start the movie, because the unexpectedness, intensity, and introspection was similar to a trip. so i enjoyed not knowing exactly how the characters, mainly just the 3, were related to each other (you can figure it out anyway as the movie progresses, but it leaves some room for further surprise). I definitely would recommend it.

Enter The Void (2010)
it's a long movie, and it's shot as though it were one long take with great visuals and camera work. i fell asleep halfway through the first time i watched it, as it seems to slow down even more after maybe an hour (hard to imagine - though it picks back up toward the end of the middle - anyhow it was nice to fall asleep to). i watched it all over again the next day. spice is common in the movie, and there is a cafe/bar in it called 'the void' - though this isn't the only reference in the movie to the title. the end really sums the title up (as much as it can i guess), and was pretty wild. overall a really cool movie, and i think it's also relevant to the forum for obvious reasons.

Martyrs (2008
it's LIKE horror, but i thought it went much further. the plot didn't hinge on some ridiculous back story, and went further than to simply try and "solve" the problem. it's a long movie but at about halfway it shifts focus greatly. it's almost like 2 movies in one, though each part is important to the other. it is a violent movie, perhaps on par with something like, say, Hostel (though the violence is a little different). but like i said, there is more happening in this movie.

Inside (2007)
this would also be classified as horror. it is actually pretty gruesome and seemingly random, but it does an interesting and possibly really subtle job of establishing motive (at least for awhile - can't remember exactly how/if it was directly revealed).

Swarupa
#65 Posted : 1/12/2011 11:37:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Tamzin wrote:
Great thread Smile

And also this is a total must see movie if you haven't already!: Dune (1984) (The Alternative Edition v2). A movie all about DMT et al Smile
If you don't know what 'The Alternative Edition' is then read here: http://fanedit.org/598
Download:
Dune.part1.rar
Dune.part2.rar
Dune.part3.rar
Dune.part4.rar

Thanks for all that!

A girl i know has been harassing me for years to watch Dune...

Tamzin
#66 Posted : 1/13/2011 11:39:17 AM

Tamzin

You're welcome Smile Stick with Being There, the movie is not about what it appears to be about, but when you watch whole thing it will haunt you for the rest of your life somehow, it has with me anyways :-P

And re Dune, if you've never watched Dune then I'm really jealous of you to watch this as your first version, because this is so rare and people spend years and years hunting down proper edits of Dune, there's a huge mythology about them over the years on the Internet, any Dune fan knows the story of them hehe. I re-watched it again last night, it's just so damn amazing! One of those movies you have to watch AGAIN, AFTER you've taken 'spice' Pleased and then you suddenly understand the movie sooooooooooo much better hehe :-D

Tamzin
#67 Posted : 1/14/2011 1:58:53 PM

Tamzin

sansans wrote:
Mindgame (2005)
PERFECT MOVIE TO MENTION on this forum. I've probably seen as many animated movies as the average person. Cowboy bebop series, some champloo- that's about it.. But I'd recommend Mindgame to anyone who likes psychedelics, especially to anyone who's totally crossed over. the first time i saw it, it was already up to the scene where everyone is in the restaurant and the angry soccer player comes in with another guy -- i had no idea what the movie was about, and this is juuuuust when the movie 'takes off'. i felt it was really a great place to start the movie, because the unexpectedness, intensity, and introspection was similar to a trip. so i enjoyed not knowing exactly how the characters, mainly just the 3, were related to each other (you can figure it out anyway as the movie progresses, but it leaves some room for further surprise). I definitely would recommend it.

Just a heads up that Mindgame is 2004 not 2005 Smile

www.imdb.com/title/tt0452039
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_Game_(film)

Ios Andronikos
#68 Posted : 1/14/2011 7:25:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for info about the fanedit version of "DUNE" Tamzin, its been one of my favourite films
of all time and i didn't even know it existed... Am just checking out the other film you listed
"Beingthere"...
My addition to the "movies worth watching" are-
(1) DUNE
(2) DEADMAN 1995
(3) THE LAST WAVE 1976
(4) LE GRAND BLEU 1988 - (The Big Blue)
(5) THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY 1969

Regards
Ios

Tamzin
#69 Posted : 1/15/2011 6:03:05 PM

Tamzin

Ios Andronikos wrote:
Thanks for info about the fanedit version of "DUNE" Tamzin, its been one of my favourite films
of all time and i didn't even know it existed... Am just checking out the other film you listed
"Beingthere"...
(1) DUNE
(2) DEADMAN 1995
(3) THE LAST WAVE 1976

Regards
Ios

You're welcome, and, great list too btw Smile
If you're not sure how to join those files together into the movie file of Dune let me know. It was rather large so I split it, but it might confuse any non-techies not sure but I can explain how to do it if so just let me know, it's super simple when u know how.

Tamzin
#70 Posted : 1/15/2011 6:04:28 PM

Tamzin

Tamzin wrote:
Ios Andronikos wrote:
"Beingthere"...
(1) DUNE
(2) DEADMAN 1995
(3) THE LAST WAVE 1976

Regards
Ios

You're welcome, and, great list too btw Smile
If you're not sure how to join those files together into the movie file of Dune let me know. It was rather large so I split it, but it might confuse any non-techies not sure but I can explain how to do it if so just let me know, it's super simple when u know how.

Is this the Last Wave movie you're talking about? Wasn't sure as you had date wrong maybe? Is it this one?: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076299/

Ios Andronikos
#71 Posted : 1/15/2011 7:08:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, that's the one, & I did get the date wrong ~ sorry.
I remember seeing this film as a child, it had such a strong affect on me. In my mind I
kind of link it to his, "Peter Weir's" other film "Picnic at Hanging Rock" because of the
mysterious -(mystical) feeling both movie's produce.

I think I will need some advice with linking the DUNE sections up, but also do you know
how I can play BEING THERE, no problems with downloading but cant play it...

Peace
Ios

Tamzin
#72 Posted : 1/16/2011 1:55:06 AM

Tamzin

Ios Andronikos wrote:
Yes, that's the one, & I did get the date wrong ~ sorry.
I remember seeing this film as a child, it had such a strong affect on me. In my mind I
kind of link it to his, "Peter Weir's" other film "Picnic at Hanging Rock" because of the
mysterious -(mystical) feeling both movie's produce.

I think I will need some advice with linking the DUNE sections up, but also do you know
how I can play BEING THERE, no problems with downloading but cant play it...

Peace
Ios

I watched the last wave, I like that director and the movie too, very good thanks Smile

Ok to join rar files together you install this on PC:

32 bit Windows: http://www.rarsoft.com/rar/wrar393.exe
64 bit Windows: http://www.rarsoft.com/rar/winrar-x64-393.exe

Mac: http://www.unrarx.com/files/UnRarX_2.2.zip

You just click the first rar file and it will automatically find the others and join them all together, if they're in the same directory as each other of course.

This is best thing for playing, it plays EVERYTHING, just drop the movie file onto it: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

If you get stick PM me (to make sure I see it) and I'll sort you out Smile

yaxar
#73 Posted : 1/20/2011 12:12:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah you guys, thanks for this comprehensive repository of cinema greatness. Have already watched Enter the Void (HEART), Stone and Barak (has changed the way i look at film)
Cheers you guys!!
Observing in Silence!

-------------Everything posted by this user are the insane ramblings of an itch that is in the deepest oceans and highest skies. The author holds no responsibility for any content published.-------------

http://toomanybloggersontheweb.blogspot.com/

Dimitrius
#74 Posted : 1/22/2011 6:59:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chaos Theory...with Ryan Reynolds.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

DoctorMantus
#75 Posted : 1/22/2011 7:19:35 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

-Natural Born killers

-Donnie Darko

-Anyone seen Green Hornet yet w/ seth rogen any reviews?
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

soulfood
#76 Posted : 1/22/2011 1:14:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Has anyone seen "A serbian film"?

I'm not saying it's worth watching, I'm just curious. It's pretty messed up.

gammagore
#77 Posted : 1/22/2011 1:29:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^да, I watched it a few nights ago. It falls in the same category as "salo, 120 days of sodom"

Im quite fond of those types of in your face kinda films, in a sicko kind of waySmile

Ekstasis
#78 Posted : 1/22/2011 7:20:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Having recently seen "Black Swan" I have to recommend it. Being an Aronofsky film I had high expectations and he absolutely delivered.
My mind craves nectar day and night.
Like a blue lotus floating on the sea of love.
Lingering in ashantic realms
Lingering in the akashic realms
Lingering in, lingering in the realms.
Blue lotus floats, floating, floating..
Some laugh, some weep, some dance for joy.
My mind craves nectar day and night.

drob
#79 Posted : 1/31/2011 7:21:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Angel-A

I heard it's good soulfood, but sounds a little too dark for me

corpus callosum
#80 Posted : 1/31/2011 7:52:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

By far the best films Ive seen recently are 'The Pusher Trilogy' dierected by Nicholas Winding Refn; they are in Danish but are subtitled and dont be put off by this.These 3 films capture the essence of the brutal and stark life of those involved in the underworld and hard drugs.These get a 10 out of 10 from me.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

«PREV23456NEXT»