We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
mimosa incense Options

mrwiggle
#1 Posted : 12/16/2010 7:33:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so based from variety of experiences i have a variety of questions concerning possible uses for mhrb or possibly other dmt containing plants, but mostly focused on mhrb, so i have been in several traditional and semi traditional ceremonies that are completely smoked out either from a fire in a tee pee environment or by incense coals with something or other type incense material burning on it...i have also witnessed someone giving away "dmt" which looked suspiciously like unprocessed mhrb
so thats the context my questioning is as follows could someone in good logic or as an actually good idea smoke unprocessed mhrb with significant desired effects?..furthermore could it be used as an intensive incense to smoke out a room for a ceremony and make an ambient psychedelic environment from everyone passively breathing this smoke over a period of several hours....

ps...(i always had a dream of creating like a dmt gas/vape chamber temple room thing. could this be a very primitive means to an end?)

see you all at elation station!
ive received the trans dermal download in the apousal lounge

no disease could possibly survive in such a wiggly environment!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

dumbstruck
#2 Posted : 12/16/2010 8:42:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't imagine this would work too well. If your bark has 1% DMT content then you would need to inhale 4 or 5 grams worth of plant material for a strong dose. All that combusted material is going to be very harsh and very unhealthy.

If you still want to try it, you would likely have to freebase the alkaloids to have any chance at success. I still don't think it sounds very appealing though.

Autodidactic
#3 Posted : 12/16/2010 5:46:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wouldn't recommend smoking the bark, I have tried it, you can tell there is DMT in it, but you don't get much of an effect. I read a report or two about someone that said they kept packing a bong with powdered MHRB and eventually some decent smokable DMT, because of the heat or something appeared at the bottom of the bowl, but this is anecdotal and I can't confirm it. I would however be interested in hearing the effects of hotboxing a small room or tent or something with the incense idea you are talking about over several hours.
*The above text represents a fictional alter ego, none of it is based on the experiences of a real person.*

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." Oscar Wilde

Apoc
#4 Posted : 12/16/2010 6:18:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you know how harsh dmt smoke is, then imagine adding almost 100 times the weight of that dmt in smoked bark. Twisted Evil

SnozzleBerry
#5 Posted : 12/16/2010 6:30:05 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

DMT is in salt form in the bark...to smoke with any sort of efficacy you need the dmt to be freebased...it's highly unlikely, even in a tent setup, that anyone is going to be able to inhale the combusted product from enough unprocessed bark to have a notable experience. Do you realize how much smoke 2-5 grams of bark generates (and that this quantity of bark would be on the low to standard end if the molecule was already freebased in the plant, which it's not)? Do you really think anyone could inhale that quantity of smoke in a short enough timespan to have effects? Where have these ceremonies been held? Who are they traditional for? This sounds unlike anything I have ever heard tell of.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

BananaForeskin
#6 Posted : 12/16/2010 7:44:25 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

Quote:
SWIM has had mimosa bark that was potent enough to smoke, but you need to smoke a lot, and you need to use a bong, and you need to use a special smoking technique. The first hits do nothing, but eventually a build up of DMT occurs near the bottom of the bowl. You keep adding more and more bark. After a while, enough DMT collects near the bottom of the bowl that you’ll be able to get effects from it. It’s all about concentrating the DMT near the bottom of the bong’s bowl. It’s a form of extraction. As you smoke the bark, you keep adding more and more bark, never allowing the bowl to get empty. This trick works pretty well. After many tokes, you take a break for about 30 minutes, then smoke all of the rest of the bark in the bowl that collected DMT from many tokes, and if done right, you’ll get a mild DMT trip. That was SWIM’s first ever experience with smoked DMT. He was very surprised that it actually worked.

It’s true that the DMT in mimosa isn’t freebase, but somehow this still works. Maybe the heat freebases it?

I'm guessing this is what Autodidactic was referring to. It's an old post of 69ron's, from this thread:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=6527
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

mrwiggle
#7 Posted : 12/17/2010 12:47:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
DMT is in salt form in the bark...to smoke with any sort of efficacy you need the dmt to be freebased...it's highly unlikely, even in a tent setup, that anyone is going to be able to inhale the combusted product from enough unprocessed bark to have a notable experience. Do you realize how much smoke 2-5 grams of bark generates (and that this quantity of bark would be on the low to standard end if the molecule was already freebased in the plant, which it's not)? Do you really think anyone could inhale that quantity of smoke in a short enough timespan to have effects? Where have these ceremonies been held? Who are they traditional for? This sounds unlike anything I have ever heard tell of.

well i think that someone could very well inhale enough smoke if they were breathing in a room that was "hotboxed" in ceremony all night + they would already have ingested a certain amount so the smokey air might just be enough to intensify the experience...the firplace scenario was in a teepee and it was a traditional N.A.C. (peyote) ceremony...but the incense scenario was an aya ceremony in a large room, it may or may not have been traditional but was lead my the same shaman who conducted the NAC ceremony. and i know they studied the medicine in columbia...Shocked :idea: Cool Mad Cool

SnozzleBerry
#8 Posted : 12/17/2010 2:01:47 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

mrwiggle wrote:
SnozzleBerry wrote:

well i think that someone could very well inhale enough smoke if they were breathing in a room that was "hotboxed" in ceremony all night + they would already have ingested a certain amount so the smokey air might just be enough to intensify the experience...the firplace scenario was in a teepee and it was a traditional N.A.C. (peyote) ceremony...but the incense scenario was an aya ceremony in a large room, it may or may not have been traditional but was lead my the same shaman who conducted the NAC ceremony. and i know they studied the medicine in columbia...Shocked :idea: Cool Mad Cool

This just doesn't sound right...and no...just because there's a large volume of smoke doesn't mean they have ingested a certain amount and need less to eventually breakthrough (it's not just some linear accumulation, the body metabolizes it as you inhale it, you could smoke 10mg of freebase every 10 minutes and it's unlikely it would accumulate enough at any point to give you a real powerful experience). I'm not saying it couldn't happen, just at the rate in which dmt is metabolized in the body and the rate at which you would need to inhale such an incredibly large quantity of smoke (seriously, ignite just one measly gram of mhrb and see how much smoke it releases) i doubt your baseline of dmt would ever rise high enough to get a decent experience from this before the smoke became completely and utterly overwhelming.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

mrwiggle
#9 Posted : 12/25/2010 8:07:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
mrwiggle wrote:
SnozzleBerry wrote:

This just doesn't sound right...and no...just because there's a large volume of smoke doesn't mean they have ingested a certain amount and need less to eventually breakthrough (it's not just some linear accumulation, the body metabolizes it as you inhale it, you could smoke 10mg of freebase every 10 minutes and it's unlikely it would accumulate enough at any point to give you a real powerful experience). I'm not saying it couldn't happen, just at the rate in which dmt is metabolized in the body and the rate at which you would need to inhale such an incredibly large quantity of smoke (seriously, ignite just one measly gram of mhrb and see how much smoke it releases) i doubt your baseline of dmt would ever rise high enough to get a decent experience from this before the smoke became completely and utterly overwhelming.

im not suggesting that they would have an experience simply by inhaling enough smoke but rather i am suggesting that they would be drinking aya and that they would be making the room incredibly smoky and that they could possibly enhance their experience by making it smoky with mimosa or other dmt containing plant...im not saying its a good use of plant materials im just saying its an interesting idea if you were around alot of plant materials