We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Comparison of different EX Teks PLUS my personal ideas to enhance the A/B tek ! Options

CaptainFuture
#1 Posted : 12/15/2010 8:51:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Nexus!
I am working on a comparison of 4 typical extraction teks. I've just received a kilo mid quality (40% bark/fibers/fillers) Mimosa from England which I ordered because it was fast and save while waiting for another 3 kilos (100% inner bark powder)from Mexico and Brazil.
So I thought with this poorer quality I'll go and check the differences between some teks- the yield and quality of the DMT.
The shredded bark looks like this before powdering:

I'll used with each glas 100grs Mimosa powder, vinegar (25%) with water (50:50), Lye (75gr. for the 600ml liquid) and Naphta 100ml per Pull.
Naphta will be left inside the basic bark mix for 8-10h and then in the freezer for 7-8h.

I have a fourth tek (Q21's lime tek) which waits for the lime I ordered from turkey. The bark is already wetted with the acid water:

First pull of all three teks already running:

Tek1: A/B standard or classic
- Cooked (NO boiling-it takes 6-7h) down 5L water/vinegar mix with the powdered bark to 1L. Filtered and strained the bark with 200ml new water, combined liquids and cooked down to 600ml.
- Freebased with the lye, cooled a bit while adding and after shaking.
- Added Naphta and shaked heavily.
- Let it stand in hot water bath for 8-10hours. (renewed warm water, shaked for 3-4 times)

Looks like this:

This is the first pull:

There was no yellow shit at the bottom, it came out all like this. I'll decide if I clean it, its totally dry now and has the beautiful DMT plastic odor Smile
Ok, a tiny lil' bit was sticky stuff, too:

The final weight is 0,75gr! There were some beautiful little 'rocks' built up in the dish.

2nd. pull just out of the freezer (Naphta was left inside the liquid for 10-12h!):

Here you see a yellow goo ring. Maybe DMT oxide. I'll divide that from the white stuff when scraping the dish.

Tek 2: A/B standard PLUS Zinc powder:
- I did the same as above but added -before heating- a teaspoon full of Zinc dust to the bark. But (if there will be a)next time I'll cook it down first, because:
->The mix was permanently foaming over the pot and I had to stir it regularly during the cooking. It smelled like rotten eggs and was terrible to deal with. Look at the color- it looked light grey before freebasing and afterwards this rusty red:

First pull:

On the last pic you can see the yellow sticky DMT from below the white crystals. Not much but still 50mgrs.
The color of the crystals is more white than with plain A/B tek. The Naphta was nearly clear, only tiny traces of yellow tint. Wow!
BUT atm. after checking the weight of the first pull (0,6gr) and seeing the 2nd- there is much less coming out than with plain AB.
Look here the 2nd pull:

Tek 3: STB standard tek.

- Rootbark powdered and directly added to 600ml lye/water mix (75grs.)
- Added Naphta and shaked heavily.
- Let it stand in hot water bath for 8-10hours. (renewed warm water, mixed for 3-4 times)
DANGER: Emulsion forms when shaking the Base/Naphta mix!!!
Turning upside down is the only working thing and still it forms an emulsion then.
-->Btw. Tek 1+2 never formed any emulsion! They always divide after some time of wait. Mix of Tek 2 takes longer tough.

Stuff looks like:

DMT is really 'dirty' compared to the other teks. And it only yielded 0,4grs. with the 1st pull. (plus 100mgrs of yellow sticky shit)
Sticky, oily, yellow stuff forms and is hard to divide from final product. Final DMT is much more yellow than with other teks:

And this is the poor 2nd pull, seems to be even more 'ugly'. Much green tint and only small sized crystals. Lots of goo on the bottom of the dish:

Ok, here are the results of the 2nd pull:

- Tek 1: 0,45grs plus 0,25grs DMToxide
- Tek 2: 0,10grs plus 0,10grs DMToxide
- Tek 3: 0,20grs plus 0,10grs DMToxide

The STB is really a shitty tek. I had to heavily basify the solution to get anything out of the Naphta. And look at those results. Ts,ts,ts. Same with the Zinc. Thought it would yield more because of the DMToxide being converted to DMT- but nothing.

Pix:

Tek1:

Tek2:

Tek3:

Since even the main yield (the scraped crystals) is heavily yellow tinted, I took everything and re- dissolved it in warm Naphta. Thats the DMToxide which stucked to the bottom: (I will try to convert it with Zinc)

And there is more I guess cause the Naphta is still yellow...

Pull 3 is ready! All three of them:

Tek 1 AB:

Yield: 0,05gr + 0,25 Oxide Mix

Tek 2 AB + Zinc:

Don't know why there are so much tiny crystals. This time I let the pull sit with room temp for a few hours but nothing did fall out, so after a day in the freezer they look like the above.
Yield: 0,2 gr + 0,15 Oxide Mix.

Tek 3 STB:

The only pull which showed a few crystals while at room temp. Those crystals grow bigger afterwards in the freezer.
Yield: 0,15gr + 0,10 mainly DMT Oxide

Here's the combined stuff from the 2nd pull without the DMToxide which fell out as shown before:

Weight was before 0,75gr + 0,45gr Oxide Mix. Now it's 0,9gr of nearly pure (only tinted) DMT.

Smoked that and found it extremly strong but still very smooth with a "Machine Bubbler". Seems that bit of tint does nothing to the DMT except the coloration.

4th Tek: Q21's lime tek
- I did a long run (24h) acid soak with hot water bath (often renewed).
- The last 100 grs. of the english source of brasilian Mimosa.
Here we go with the pix, pulls 1-4 (further pulls were near to nothing- same as 4th)

While drying the whole day the first two bowls showed further growth- beautiful little crystal circles:

It all was re-crystalized and grew to that beautiful little square diamonds:

Total yield was (only) 500mg. -250mg first pull, 200mg second, and around 100mg from the third.
So all in all only half of what the AB took out was caught with the lime tek. (mabye those particular 100grs. were weaker than the others, who knows?!)
But also near to no wax or other stuff was pulled, so I am gonna try the lime tek with the Phalaris Arundinacea I just bought for our garden- when there will be enough material in summer...

SOME MORE INFO ABOUT THE A/B EXTRACTION:
Someone asked me about my experiences on my extraction tek. Since I've done around 1,5kilo bark the past weeks I got to my own ideas about an A/B tek.
It's mostly what is written elsewhere, so I wouldn't want to start a new thread about it but on the other hand don't want to hold it back.
So here is a short put together how I extract and re-crystallize:

- Cook(not boil-NO bubbles) the Mimosa (not more than 100grs!) for 3 times with each 1-1,5L 5% vinegar/water till its kinda down to 3X 300ml. Will take a day to do, you're in NO hurry, just take the time, the Ayahuasca brew is cooked even over night. Cook the combined 900ml down or use it as is in a larger jar. I advise to cook it down to 500-600ml, thats way enough liquid to handle! Just be sure to filter it (NO coffeee filter, just a a wire one, the tea strainer size/1-2mm holes) while its HOT and do NOT divide the residue on the ground of the pot when its cold- its potent. (and will be no problem in the next steps.)
- Cool down before basifying!
- Basify with pure lye till its dark black. (around 75grs. per liter)
- COOL while stirring in the lye (slowly bit by bit)!
- Let sit for 2-3 hours, maybe shake once in a while. But be sure to shake before starting the pulling.
- Heat it to 20-25degr. celsius in hot water bath (30-35 degrees water) and heat the NAPHTA, too. Use pure light naphta. (the lighter the benzine, the less emulsions you have, f.e. washbenzine is too heavy)
- Use around 2-3cm above the liquid for your pulls. (Depends on the mass of liquid how much it is.)
- Do not shake but mix the naphta over 5 mins around in the jar. (turning the jar upside down over and over again)
- Let sit for 5-10mins. It will have divided by then.
- Suck the naphta out as far as you can with a 10-20ml syringe.
- Swap the naphta from one little bowl to another if you sucked brown liquid with it to get rid of it.
- Wrap the final bowl and put in the freezer.
- Wait 3-4 hours till the naphta is clear and slowly pour it out. Let the white fluffy crystals dry for a few hours.
- REPEAT the pulling for 3 times (total 4) and one other time after letting the liquid sit for another 24h. Then you have in my experience everything out of the bark.
- Scrape all crystals and put them together by their color. Pure white together and every other pulling which is yellow or even slightly yellow on a different pile.

Re-x:
- Pour 50ml-100ml naphta into a bowl and heat it from below in a water bath. (around 30-35degr. celsius- NOT hotter)
- Pour in all yellow stuff/crystals you got out and mix it on and on while the naphta slowly gets warm. (maybe use new warm water if its not enough) Or use little more naphta if it seems to lack solvent for full saturation.
- There will be a yellow waxy/oily liquid devide from the naphta in a bubble on the ground. Just mix through that a few times to be sure to get the dmt out of it, but DON'T try to mix it in the naphta- this is the goo (wax, fat, DMToxide) you want to get rid of!
- Pour over in a different little bowl, carefully look if some of the goo is poured with it- try hard to avoid to pour it over. If there still is some, use another little bowl.
- Place again in the waterbath to keep the naphta warm. Pour in the last, the white stuff you got out (1st and maybe 2nd pulling).
- If there will be (even with white DMT there might be) more goo at the ground, repeat the pouring over step, until you have clear naphta.
- wrap it with clear foil (airtight, no holes) and let sit for 24-48hrs. There will be beautiful crystals forming after 8-10 hours while the Naphta slowly evaps through the foil pores.
- While the naphta evaps it gets more yellow, so the impurities (mostly Oxides and yellow tint) which are left in it will be concentrated.
- Swap over/Divide the naphta in a new bowl, wrap it and let that sit to finally evap all naphta after a few days. (this way the remaining slight yellow color will be evapped away from the initial 24-48hrs crystals and they are kept cleaner). Let the crystals dry a few hours before carefully (they break easily) scraping them.

More info:
- It's best to cook the bark that long to get anything out of the bark.
- Keep the mixed basified liquid not too hot, too avoid pulling too much unwanted stuff and to avoid the oxidation of the DMT.
Though according to others its safe to heat DMT up to 100degrees, I found that higher than 40 degrees celsius it begins to oxidate too much!
- There's no need to let the naphta sit for hours after mixing, neither a need to shake it (this pulls too much remaining bark powder into it)
Thanks to Q21s ideas I found mixing it over 5mins and then doing 4 pullings in a row gets almost all of the DMT molecules out. They are floating freely around in the liquid 2-3hours after basification. The final 24hrs pull gets the very last (only very few) DMT out.
- Re-x is quite easy. Just stick to what I wrote. Its best to use small glass bowls for that. (have around 3-4 of them) Heating too much isn't good cause as stated above the DMT oxidizes easily.
- No need for 'food safe' extractions, there is no lye left in the final crystals PLUs they are more stable and therefore not easy oxidized if stored airtight in the freezer. So no need for salting either. Its really a enlightening feeling to grow crystals, almost like mushroom growing, but way faster.

Good luck and let me know if my ideas/tricks helped or if you have questions.

LOVE is all there is.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ellis D'Empty
#2 Posted : 12/15/2010 9:02:17 PM

Snirfneblin

Gratz Smile You've proven that A/B is better for cleaner yields xD

Now what to do with all that DMMMTTTTTT xD
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

CaptainFuture
#3 Posted : 12/15/2010 9:09:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kevyn The Khem wrote:

Now what to do with all that DMMMTTTTTT xD

That question never came up in my mind, shit. I guess I'll ask around at the train station Smile

What's up to prove is: Will the yield of later pulls increase with tek 2 and 3 AND how will tek 4 (the q21 lime) perform???
(I am really, really curious about that, since it seems so easy and is free of lye)
Hopefully I'll get the lime tomorrow and we'll see about that then.
LOVE is all there is.

Myco
#4 Posted : 12/15/2010 11:32:04 PM

73μ

Fantastic thread Captain. Look forward to hearing your resluts.

I assume you're the same Capt.Future from the Shroomery? Your threads their are epic. Much love, and thanks again for sharing your work.
arrive without traveling.

CaptainFuture
#5 Posted : 12/16/2010 12:12:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am Smile
And thanks. Just discovered smoked DMT and the fine art of Extraction.
I really have to start growing again though. I am waiting for the newest Mexican spores from Alan which he collected this autumn in Mexico. When I got them I'll get started again.

But Extraction is a great thing, too. Not that creative, but I loved chemistry in my school days...

LOVE is all there is.

hexagonal
#6 Posted : 12/16/2010 10:29:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

beautiful pics and work methods, except you can't say STB is shitty after one try. My guess is that violent shaking plus heat equals nasty emulsions. The lye/naphta teks on this site do not tell you to shake, but stir or rotate the jars!

Nobody would write up a STB tek if all you could get from it was yellow crystals. Sure, the yield may be smaller but I got white crystals on my first attempt and so did many others.

Keep up the good work!

Ellis D'Empty
#7 Posted : 12/16/2010 11:11:17 PM

Snirfneblin

Yea, I do stb... all white crystals for my first few pulls. Eventually they turned bright yellow. And now all I pull is orange crystals. Smile I imagine heat has a lot to do with it. Probably age as well, although I'm not sure.
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

CaptainFuture
#8 Posted : 12/17/2010 9:33:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You're both right. It's just my opinion that from 1st pull on I loved the high yields and the purity of the AB outcome.
The STB now comes up with more crystals than the others. Its the only one which I am still pulling (now the 5th time) The 4th pull (still in the freezer) looks the same as pull 3. AB is nearly finished & from the AB Zinc and STB still comes a good amount of crystals.

I'd prefer AB because of a very pure and large 1st pull (0,75gr almost white crystals) and a very good 2nd. Though I heated all of them too much, therefore I have huge amounts of the yellow Oxides.
LOVE is all there is.

Myco
#9 Posted : 12/17/2010 11:26:23 PM

73μ

Great pics. Always enjoy your threads capt.
arrive without traveling.

endlessness
#10 Posted : 12/18/2010 9:33:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good work! Any final numbers yet? Did you maintain the heat and the size of pulls (and other variables) the same for all teks?

CaptainFuture
#11 Posted : 12/18/2010 10:35:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No, I sometimes heated the jars a lil longer and used more or less naphta with the pulls.
This should have been only a rough comparison but now I know I never go for Zinc or an STB tek again.
I am still waiting for the Lime to check Q21s tek with the same bark material. So maybe...
At the moment it's pretty clear I'll never go away from an AB tek and I'll heat the bark in the acidic solution for at least 6-7hrs with a 10th of the amount of water I cook it down to. (with 100grs. its 5L down to 500/600ml)
Just to be sure to get out as much as possible before throwing the bark away.

Since pull 4&5 only yielded trace amounts (even with the STB) the final results are:
Tek 1 A/B: 1,25grs. light yellow crystals powder (all good to smoke/vape) and 0,25grs yellow crystal powder (haven't tested it yet) and 0,25grs very yellow crystal powder
Tek 2 A/B w/ Zinc: 0,9grs. light yellow crystal powder and 0,30grs. very yellow crystal powder
Tek 3 STB: 0,80grs. (not so) light yellow crystal powder and 0,3grs. very yellow crystal powder

I will go further into it all, ordered xylene (mainly for mescalin, but will try a few drops on the spice, too), fumaric acid & Magnesium sulfate to dry Aceton. Cause I want to see those DMT Fumarate crystals. And i guess I'll get heptane to grow some DMT freebase crystals, too. They all look sooo beautiful and thats the grower in me calling. (Although I know I have to start growing shrooms again Smile)

So far its just a wonderful thing to get those magic molecules extracted and to smell them and touch them and surely feel them.

LOVE is all there is.

CaptainFuture
#12 Posted : 1/17/2011 10:58:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

See first post, edited -finally- the results of the lime tek in.
Had to wait for a shipment from turkey which didn't show tup, so got the lime elsewhere and just did the final extraction.

Anyone got an idea why the crystals sometimes grow like solid cube like diamonds instead of the -typical- shark type?
I really love those little shiny squares...
LOVE is all there is.

CaptainFuture
#13 Posted : 1/23/2011 11:10:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SOME MORE INFO ABOUT THE A/B EXTRACTION:
Someone asked me about my experiences on my extraction tek. Since I've done around 1,5kilo bark the past weeks I got to my own ideas about an A/B tek.
It's mostly what is written elsewhere, so I wouldn't want to start a new thread about it but on the other hand don't want to hold it back.
So here is a short put together how I extract and re-crystallize:

- Cook(not boil-NO bubbles) the Mimosa (not more than 100grs!) for 3 times with each 1-1,5L 5% vinegar/water till its kinda down to 3X 300ml. Will take a day to do, you're in NO hurry, just take the time, the Ayahuasca brew is cooked even over night. Cook the combined 900ml down or use it as is in a larger jar. I advise to cook it down to 500-600ml, thats way enough liquid to handle! Just be sure to filter it (NO coffeee filter, just a a wire one, the tea strainer size/1-2mm holes) while its HOT and do NOT divide the residue on the ground of the pot when its cold- its potent. (and will be no problem in the next steps.)
- Cool down before basifying!
- Basify with pure lye till its dark black. (around 75grs. per liter)
- COOL while stirring in the lye (slowly bit by bit)!
- Let sit for 2-3 hours, maybe shake once in a while. But be sure to shake before starting the pulling.
- Heat it to 20-25degr. celsius in hot water bath (30-35 degrees water) and heat the NAPHTA, too. Use pure light naphta. (the lighter the benzine, the less emulsions you have, f.e. washbenzine is too heavy)
- Use around 2-3cm above the liquid for your pulls. (Depends on the mass of liquid how much it is.)
- Do not shake but mix the naphta over 5 mins around in the jar. (turning the jar upside down over and over again)
- Let sit for 5-10mins. It will have divided by then.
- Suck the naphta out as far as you can with a 10-20ml syringe.
- Swap the naphta from one little bowl to another if you sucked brown liquid with it to get rid of it.
- Wrap the final bowl and put in the freezer.
- Wait 3-4 hours till the naphta is clear and slowly pour it out. Let the white fluffy crystals dry for a few hours.
- REPEAT the pulling for 3 times (total 4) and one other time after letting the liquid sit for another 24h. Then you have in my experience everything out of the bark.
- Scrape all crystals and put them together by their color. Pure white together and every other pulling which is yellow or even slightly yellow on a different pile.

Re-x:
- Pour 50ml-100ml naphta into a bowl and heat it from below in a water bath. (around 30-35degr. celsius- NOT hotter)
- Pour in all yellow stuff/crystals you got out and mix it on and on while the naphta slowly gets warm. (maybe use new warm water if its not enough) Or use little more naphta if it seems to lack solvent for full saturation.
- There will be a yellow waxy/oily liquid devide from the naphta in a bubble on the ground. Just mix through that a few times to be sure to get the dmt out of it, but DON'T try to mix it in the naphta- this is the goo (wax, fat, DMToxide) you want to get rid of!
- Pour over in a different little bowl, carefully look if some of the goo is poured with it- try hard to avoid to pour it over. If there still is some, use another little bowl.
- Place again in the waterbath to keep the naphta warm. Pour in the last, the white stuff you got out (1st and maybe 2nd pulling).
- If there will be (even with white DMT there might be) more goo at the ground, repeat the pouring over step, until you have clear naphta.
- wrap it with clear foil (airtight, no holes) and let sit for 24-48hrs. There will be beautiful crystals forming after 8-10 hours while the Naphta slowly evaps through the foil pores.
- While the naphta evaps it gets more yellow, so the impurities (mostly Oxides and yellow tint) which are left in it will be concentrated.
- Swap over/Divide the naphta in a new bowl, wrap it and let that sit to finally evap all naphta after a few days. (this way the remaining slight yellow color will be evapped away from the initial 24-48hrs crystals and they are kept cleaner). Let the crystals dry a few hours before carefully (they break easily) scraping them.

More info:
- It's best to cook the bark that long to get anything out of the bark.
- Keep the mixed basified liquid not too hot, too avoid pulling too much unwanted stuff and to avoid the oxidation of the DMT.
Though according to others its safe to heat DMT up to 100degrees, I found that higher than 40 degrees celsius it begins to oxidate too much!
- There's no need to let the naphta sit for hours after mixing, neither a need to shake it (this pulls too much remaining bark powder into it)
Thanks to Q21s ideas I found mixing it over 5mins and then doing 4 pullings in a row gets almost all of the DMT molecules out. They are floating freely around in the liquid 2-3hours after basification. The final 24hrs pull gets the very last (only very few) DMT out.
- Re-x is quite easy. Just stick to what I wrote. Its best to use small glass bowls for that. (have around 3-4 of them) Heating too much isn't good cause as stated above the DMT oxidizes easily.
- No need for 'food safe' extractions, there is no lye left in the final crystals PLUs they are more stable and therefore not easy oxidized if stored airtight in the freezer. So no need for salting either. Its really a enlightening feeling to grow crystals, almost like mushroom growing, but way faster.

Good luck and let me know if my ideas/tricks helped or if you have questions.

LOVE is all there is.

landfishd
#14 Posted : 1/23/2011 1:17:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good work Captain! Will we be so lucky to get the same detailed write up on your mescaline extractions?

CaptainFuture
#15 Posted : 1/23/2011 4:08:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks,
with Mescaline I did the usual xylene pull method, where you pull the based Mescaline out of the Cactus base liquid and drop it into a HCL (few drops) water solution.
This HCL-water will be evaporated down and then yields a brownish salt. To clean that up I cleaned it with Aceton. Up to that point everything is known.
What I did additionally to clean it further was I resolved it all again in hot water. (100-150ml)
Immediately the dirt began floating around as little clouds and collected at the bottom while cooling. Then I could easily pour the Mescal-salt water out and got therefore lost of the dirt.
While evaporating down some more dirt dropped out and is floating in the liquid. I poured another two times the liquid off and got some pretty clean red Mescaline HCL salt in the end. I surely lost around 1gr. out of 5 with that clean up...
(The cleanup is only necessary to dose better, its only dust and cactus tissue, so it wouldn't have been dangerous when ingested.)
LOVE is all there is.

CaptainFuture
#16 Posted : 2/9/2011 12:17:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I did another Lime + A/B comparison.
This time the results were better for the lime. And its so much cleaner!
- A/B got 1,5% out, after cleaning and re-x 1% pure clear crystals were left.
- Lime got 1% white freeze pricip'ed crystals which re-x'ed to 0,8 pure clear crystals.
So only real downside is 100gr bark needs around 150grs. Lime which is more expensive than 80grs. lye...

LOVE is all there is.

CaptainFuture
#17 Posted : 2/20/2011 12:02:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Found more about the lime tek.
It showed that its much less yield with powdered bark. (where the fillers are removed, which is therefore usually more potent)
The lack of fillers seems to be significant in extracting with lime. I found 1/3 more yield with self powdered bark pieces & fillers inside compared to powdered bark without fillers.
LOVE is all there is.