We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
A grandfather has joined Options

nn-DMT
#21 Posted : 12/18/2010 1:08:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wineart wrote:
I would love it if my wife was of the ilk that would give some consideration to exploring in an out of the box or Bible as it is. She'll probably be at Church when I first make an attempted break through, if that gives you any idea why she might not be so inclined. On the other hand she is grasping the out of the box concept in a much more interested way than I would have guessed. She definitely equates psychedelics to out of control recreational drug use. All in all she is supportive.
Also I wouldn't give a thought to trying to break through in any setting other than the most peaceful & tranquil.
I read about a non-toxic food grade extraction process. I may have to rent a place to get it done. As understnding as the "Old Battle Axe" is, if I did a "mad scientist" extraction and Frankensteinly experimented on myself, I am reasonably sure I would find my "things" in the front yard. I will only push so hard. I will surely figure something out.

Ahhhh, I see. I guess I got the wrong impression in your earlier post and thought your wife wanted to participate but you wouldn't let her. I see this is not the case and appologize if I brashly jumped to conclusions. You are fortunate to have a wife that is supportive of this most earth-shattering endeavor.

good luck,
SWIM
All post are made by SWIM. I am not SWIM.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

pau
#22 Posted : 12/18/2010 3:29:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome Wineart...
So now we have at least two grandfatherly '60's and '70's Deadhead types around here! (first trip - 500mics Owsley - and first Dead concert both happened on a wonderful San Francisco evening in the spring of 1970, an event that has flavored all trips since).

About 15 months ago I started up again after more than a 30 year break ... starting with San Pedro and more recently ayahuasca. No extractions necessary there....but at some point, I have come to feel, there have got to be some significant taste advantages to extracted phens and typts. But hey, if it worked well 3000 years ago, there's nothing wrong with it today!

Just my personal working theory, but it seems that beginning psychonauting in what was a very upbeat and liberating world of music has given me an incredible understanding and appreciation for these medicines now that I'm learning from them again. I hope you will find the same to be true.

I've debated with myself about inviting my (supportive!) spouse along ... it hasn't happened yet .... but am inclined to not give her the nudge. I mean, nobody pushed ME into it, and I'm sure she'll figure out how to invite herself along one day if that's what she wants.

Let's hear more from you, please!
WHOA!

wineart
#23 Posted : 12/18/2010 12:09:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My interest in DMT is increasing and expanding at every turn. Perhaps even more than my interest in my respect for the molecule and respect for the courage & respect you at this forum show. As far as Ayahuasca is concerned, I am guessing that will be a little further down my immediate interest list.
I was watching a Terrance McKenna video last evening. Things that make you say hmmmm. He was trying to explain the experience in a "blow by blow" kinda way, each minute and second being another milepost along the journey.
Friends, let me tell you, I am already been there. Don't ask me when or how, I don't recall the time and space... Is it possible I have been there in my dreams? Once upon a time I dropped a tab called Yellow Sunshine and fell asleep before I "got off". I had been on a road trip and hadn't slept in a couple of days. When I awoke a couple of hours after I dropped it to an amazing set of sights and sounds. At the time I didn't recall and any of the sleep stage and at this time don't recall any break through of any kind during that trip.
My very first trip (I was far to young to have been experimenting) was a complete blow away. I have no idea how large a dose it was as it was a sugar cube? I do remember the chrysanthemum metaphorical experience. My "sitter" was also blasted on a similar cube, but we were both able to "function". It was a concert scene with dancing hoards. From a hill top looking into the pavillion I saw an electric flower, with all of the "power" emanating from the center. I looked at my buddy and told him I nedded to be in the flower. He seemed to know what I meant, I am not sure if he experienced the same thing or not. In fact I never remember any 2-way exchange with him, I was the one whose mind was full blown. He was older and more experienced along these lines and seemed content to "babysit" me & he didn't seem to have a need for verbal communication while he was tripping. I was full of unanswerable questions.
Becuase I have no DMT experience, I am inclined to lean towards the shorter duration experience. I would be nice if I could at least get at least to the somehow familiar chrysanthemum (as T McKenna decribed it as a barrier) and not break through there. I think I am trying to say I would like to get whatever bearings I can during my first experience. After that I want to break through that barrier and go beyond FURTHER. I am not sure I want to meet entities the first time. I'd like to know where they live, before I go barging into "thier house" uninvited. I will leave a note on thier door telling them I'm in the "area". :-)
Does one spend some extended time contemplating the chrysthanthemum, or can you wait some short time and take the 3rd or 4th big hit and go?
I remember LSD was powerful, that smoking grass or drinking alcohol has little or no effect because the trip is so all consuming. I see all kinds of DMT recipes with a plethora of other botanicals or extracts. Is there any advantage to taking an anti anxiety drug like Xanax before going down the rabbit hole?
Initaially I want to stay away from MAOI's (organic or synthetic) at least until I get some semblance of bearings in otherworldly places.
Back to Ayahuasca...Because of the cultural history surrounding ritualistic use I am not sure I would be a welcome character. I am soooo western and a foreigner to the Shamanic influences, I think I need to resolve or at least reconcile some of the western trappings that make me a foreigner. Does that make any sense? I am working on pure instict here and little experiential pragmatism.

Rivea
#24 Posted : 12/19/2010 7:10:05 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

Welcome to the asylum! Actually it is the people who call themselves sane that I am the most afraid of. I'm not a grandpa yet, but I have kids that are old enough that I could be.

I enjoyed your introductory essay. I was only 11 at the time of Woodstock. I have visited the town of Woodstock NY long ago in 1967 and again in 1976 when I graduated HS. My grandparents lived there for years. Woodstock was held in White Lake which was one county away from Woodstock...

I started tripping in the early 1970s and like Pau mentioned about himself, I took a 28 year break from psychedelics. I started getting a 'calling' early this year to go back in. Not knowing where to get pure substances like LSD which I could find in quality and quantity back in the 70's I found this place while looking for alternatives that I could trust. You definitely will enjoy the folks here and they are very helpful.

I began by making tea from MHRB and Rue two times in June and that was very intense and revealing for me. I decided to do some extractions and have had a couple of true breakthrough experiences and a number of other intense sub=breakthrough experiences vaporizing nice white spice. Extraction is in and of itself very interesting to me and intellectually satisfying to explore all by itself.

I hope to hear more from you and more about your experiences.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

GratefulDad
#25 Posted : 12/19/2010 7:20:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I will be a grandfather in February! I am a Deadhead, too. And the party is still going on! You can check out furthur.net/tour for (spring) tour dates. It's not the same without Jerry, but it's still full of beautiful music and people. And you can still eat good acid with family at a show, probably smoke some DMT, too! It's rather simple to extract. It's very short-lived when smoked, but definitely one of the most visual experiences you could ever imagine. It should get you "there" pretty quick, once you get down your dosing methods. You are in a good place if you need any help, many of these folks know what they're talking about. Welcome aboard!

wineart
#26 Posted : 12/19/2010 7:24:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's 2:15 or there abouts and have spent the last 6 or 7 hours reading & listening. Just watched The Spirit Molecule and some other very interesting mini documentaries. I feel so much like I know these realms and spaces and they are calling me there.
I am ready! I totally stumbled onto this forum. I got very lucky I thonk, to have founf this place first.
I have no idea how old anybody is, I would have assumed a group of "youngsters". If it is a group of yougsters, it is a group of very enlightened youngsters. Ironically all of the documentaries I have seen are with people my age.
Before this week and last I haven't even heard anyone speak of psychedelics in decades. Perhaps this is the time and place that was meant for me. If I had spice I would be breaking through now.
My only hesitation is that I haven't got a clue who I want to be my sitter. There aren't many people in my world that would have a clue as to the hows and whys I want to do this. My wife I am afraid would loose her cool and ruin any breakthrough I had. I want her there, but I want someone "in the know" to be in control of the room setting.

ragabr
#27 Posted : 12/19/2010 6:07:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM never uses a sitter, she tried once, but it felt so distracting that she aborted the launch.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

gammagore
#28 Posted : 12/19/2010 6:31:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wineart wrote:
I want her there, but I want someone "in the know" to be in control of the room setting.

You can do it yourself man, not much need for a sitterSmile

There are a few threads about "set and setting". See what people have to say about it.

For me, dark room with a side lamp that I can switch off when ready, silence, a blanketSmile, the right mindframe and off I go. This journey is one that I have to take by myself, but most times I like to have my wife at home so I have somone to talk to. The few times that I have had another person in the room it felt very distracting, like I just cant seem to let go.

Oh ya and, that first small hit helps wonders, just enough to get my feet wet and settle any anxiety.

pau
#29 Posted : 12/19/2010 8:00:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Back then 40 years ago, I did it solo half the time, but had good friends around the rest of the time who were also participating. However, all my recent cactalizations and aya-ing have been solo ... sometimes my wife is home, sometimes not. Yes, you might have some pre-launch jitters that first one after a 25 year break, so make that one light, and special. You might consider San Pedro for that one, too....many here describe it as gentle, warm, loving, cosmic. Good advice available here, too, regarding initial blast-offs with aya...start light, work your way up ... start caapi only and when it's admixture time, tread lightly at first.

This second time around has been been abpout growth, understanding, and a cosmic opening of my universal mind. Back in the 20th century it seemed to be more like a fun thing.

You won't be alone!
WHOA!

wineart
#30 Posted : 12/19/2010 8:14:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:
wineart wrote:
I want her there, but I want someone "in the know" to be in control of the room setting.

You can do it yourself man, not much need for a sitterSmile

There are a few threads about "set and setting". See what people have to say about it.

For me, dark room with a side lamp that I can switch off when ready, silence, a blanketSmile, the right mindframe and off I go. This journey is one that I have to take by myself, but most times I like to have my wife at home so I have somone to talk to. The few times that I have had another person in the room it felt very distracting, like I just cant seem to let go.

Oh ya and, that first small hit helps wonders, just enough to get my feet wet and settle any anxiety.

The sitter isn't for me, but for my wife. LOL I want someone to make sure she stays silent/out of the room until I am back.

obliguhl
#31 Posted : 12/19/2010 8:56:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello,
I have enjoyed reading this thread. Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm!
During my first DMT experiences, i visited this "place", where thoughts cease to exist, were you don't know what happens but that you have "arrived". It amazed me and was a life changing experience. You said that you like to be swept away. DMT is very very good at this. With a sufficient dose of freebase, its almost...no, it IS brutal. Withing a few seconds, you will be in a sea of strange fractal patterns, who represent "the foreign", "the other" ...i don't know how you call it! It is also very possible to recieve telepathic communications of some sort, even if you don't break through. You can enter this beautiful "waiting room" with this ceiling full of spinning geometric patterns while hearing strange sounds just to come back with a feeling of joy and wonder....or ...you may as well go to "the place"...you never know! Its also capable of giving you horrible feelings and intense pain...just saying that it CAN do this.

But i feel that there needs to be a reason for this, so i guess you will be fine, like 99% of any newcomer to DMT. There is a reason why there are not many negative reports.

I also second the notion, that there is no need for a sitter. Music is also not needed if you are in a quite, dark room. If there is noise,especially unexpected noise like slamming doors, better listen to some music, but don't turn it too loud. I have once listened to Camels Mirage album and it was beautiful. But I also really really enjoy psybient like Shulman, Shpongle etc. This is music directly coming from the DMT experience. It's almost some sort of a sound model of the experience!

This song is extremely good if you are open minded about modern psychedelic music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oti_egSo10s

About Ayahuasca:

It's a whole other deal, but can be very rewarding, as a teacher experience. With dmt freebase, the learnig happens the weeks, months after you come down. With Ayahuasca, you are in this space with a wise female presence and she is there to show you things in actual VISIONS. Something you propably can get with pure freebase, but only with higher doses. Before that, it can be very colorful, euphoric and ..even spiritual in the sense that you can communicate with these beeing. You are not to friendly with the shamanic world view ?

Don't worry, even with freebase, they will only show you, what is good for you. They even told me that once: "You have to learn your lesson before you can go further!".

You have found out how easy it is to extract? Nice, then get to it, buy a Vaporgenie ... load it up with 25-30mg and then smoke it while sitting comfortably in an armchair, or while lying in your bed. Inhale as much as possible, hold your hits for 20 seconds and make sure to drop your pipe somewhere safe. THAT is the benefit of a sitter: He or she can hold the pipe for you, even motivate you to take more hits (you'll see that it gets harder and harder after the first big one!)

If you want to start smaller..its fine too, but a little harder anxiety wise. One good tip is, to take a smaller pre-launch hit, before taking the big one. A better hint is: Take more than one big hit in a session Pleased The second launch is the best...so dive in, get back ..and then REALLY dive in! 25-30mg should be be a "full immersion crysanthemum" dose. But some people break through with this much so expect anything ...and safe travels!

PREV12