We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
first aya experience... advice appreciated Options

alabama getaway
#1 Posted : 12/15/2010 1:20:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone, sorry for such a long introduction but i am very grateful for your time and advice for a first time aya user.

I have been struggling since October of last year to find myself, and rediscover my reasons for wanting to live a communal life and/or be a public servant (high school English teacher). Both aspirations for my future manifested after an ego shattering 8 hit LSD experience in my second year of high school. Since then I have been a student of inner- space; my one true love being LSD. After a series of bad decisions upon entering college I slowly began to lose sight of my passion for literature, my appreciation of the vast universe, and my ability to see the bigger picture and my role within it. All of these ideologies had become fleeting memories of the aftermath of psychedelic experiences occurring every few months since that breakthrough almost 4 years ago. Around 3 or 4 months ago i was introduced to spice for the first time, and it instantly struck a chord with me. I have since been on the road to recovery and rediscovering my old- grateful to simply be alive- self. My genuine respect and appreciation for the spice has accumulated in conjunction with my growing number of experiences over the past few months. So, HERE'S THE IMPORTANT PART: I just ordered 1/4 lb of the sacred vine and 50 grams of chacruna. I have been mentally and physically preparing to make the aya for weeks now and I am set on brewing when i return to school in a few weeks. I have indeed read the stick All About Aya thread and that helped clear up many questions that i had. So i was wondering if 50g:50g vine/chacruna would be appropriate? and what sort of a dosage that may yeild. I am also wondering what one may do if they have limited/ no access to stainless steel pots? and if anyone has any advice for me it would be so greatly appreciated, as i seem to hav only enough material for one batch.

thanks for putting up with my rambling, i just wanted to properly introduce myself and make sure i get this right.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ragabr
#2 Posted : 12/15/2010 8:15:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If I were you, I would definitely up the Aya to at least 60g, more like 75. SWIM's a harmala light-weight and can get MAO-inhibition at around 30g, but the visionary aspects of the vine manifest much more clearly the higher you go.

Will you be in a private apartment when you're brewing these?
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Shaolin
#3 Posted : 12/15/2010 8:19:17 PM

Stiletto Stoner

ragabr wrote:
can get MAO-inhibition at around 30g

What does this mean, effects wise ?
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

ragabr
#4 Posted : 12/15/2010 8:41:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

*something* feels different and DMT becomes orally active and greatly extended if vaped.

alabama getaway
#5 Posted : 12/15/2010 10:32:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yea ill be in the privacy of my own apartment. thanks for the hasty response. I was also wondering if it would be better to boil the ingredients together or seperatley? and should i grind and freeze all of the materials beforehand?

ragabr
#6 Posted : 12/16/2010 12:19:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you have whole vine, hammer it down until it's thin strands. SWIM has never put it into a blender, but heard the thin strands can wrap themselves around the blade and gum things up. With Mimosa, you would generally brew separately, not sure with chacruna. Good luck!

Edit: I would also highly suggest doing the egg white tek, like Olympus describes

alabama getaway
#7 Posted : 1/8/2011 9:46:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Any alternatives to pyrex or stainless steel pots? i do have a crockpot

Agave
#8 Posted : 1/8/2011 11:06:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the board bama. A crockpot will be fine but you may have to boil a bit longer if it doesn't have a higher setting. Don't know where you got your chacruna but it can be hit or miss UNLESS it's hawaiian from Maya Ethnobotanicals, then it would be much more potent than chacruna from somewhere else. Not sure why, I guess because the soil in hawaii is so superior, but it's probably about 4 times as potent as normal Peruvian chacruna. 12g would probably be plenty. Just want want you to be aware of that.
Peaceful journeys.
As Within, So Without.