We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sticky spots after freeze precipitation?(q21's tek) Options

tele
#1 Posted : 12/13/2010 10:37:50 AM
Explorer

Hi,

after evaporating the naphtha off the crystals, I am left with some five sticky clear spots on the tray, something like thin honey.

I had couple ice droplets in the container, which I removed successfully. However the sticky spots cannot be removed without scraping them off, which will remove also some crystals.

The tray was clean before pouring in the naphtha.

Has anyone had the same problem and what can be done to prevent it from happening.

What they could be?

Another thing: the crystals smell like the lime/vinegar/MHRB mix, not naphtha, is this ok or will it go away with time?

THANKS

EDIT; I noticed this in q21's tek just now:
NOTE:there will probably be a small film underneath the crystals. The film is soluble in vinegar and SWIM is pretty sure it is either DMT-n-oxide or Jungle DMT

So could it be this one? Can you advice how I should use vinegar to remove the stuff?

Or should I just consider dissolving the crystals in naphtha and freezing them again?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

tele
#2 Posted : 12/13/2010 2:45:47 PM
Explorer

OK, I have now redissolved them in the naphtha and freezing again. Hopefully will be fine now.

limoseen
#3 Posted : 12/13/2010 4:05:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Swim has seen these almost every time -- says that they are just oils and on their own have a distinct effect... although prefers to mix them all up.

tele
#4 Posted : 12/14/2010 12:59:01 PM
Explorer

Can anyone specify, what are these sticky oils and what sort of effect they might have?

Swarupa
#5 Posted : 12/14/2010 1:38:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

After pouring off the Naphtha i usually put the glass tray with the crystals on a window sill for at least 2/3 hours to dry, then cover with clingfilm with holes for another hour at room temp (window sill is cold this time of year) as it dries first i see a cloudy thin film on the dish around all the crystals, especially if i blow on it (which indicates its saturated naphtha) but once its totally dry there is no thin film, just crystals

When i scrape the crystals up it does tend to leave a smudge of white waxy residue, but i just redissolve it all on the next pull, i don't think its impurities as when i re-X i never get any yellow goo or impurities & end up with crystal clear shards.

The only time i've ever had something concern me purity wise was on a whole tray of crystals i might have one speck of sticky yellow, literally a speck which can just be scraped out & disposed of

Strange the crystals smell like the MHRB/vinegar/lime mix, are you sure you can't just smell DMT in the mix rather than the other way round?

tele
#6 Posted : 12/14/2010 3:13:33 PM
Explorer

Actually, they smell somewhat like strong lime/plastic, maybe it's just the DMT smell..

Anyway, here's the result of SWIM, as you can see the white crystals are without the sticky stuff and the more yellow stuff is sticky stuff/crystal mix.

Is this normal and the sticky stuff is just normal plant stuff?

THANKS

Swarupa
#7 Posted : 12/15/2010 8:45:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I only seem to get white like on the left of the first picture... maybe it depends on what solvent your using

tele
#8 Posted : 12/16/2010 4:20:50 PM
Explorer

How many of you have had these sticky residues when extracting with q21's tek? One fellow above mentioned he's had them almost every time, how about you others?