We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
methanol extraction Options

benzyme
#1 Posted : 12/11/2010 6:26:18 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

ftw
benzyme attached the following image(s):
MeOH.jpg (20kb) downloaded 1,814 time(s).
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

actualfactual
#2 Posted : 12/11/2010 7:41:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nice..so it is 4-po-dmt? or maybe a mixture of 4-ho-dmt and 4-po-dmt?

benzyme
#3 Posted : 12/11/2010 7:59:27 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

probably mostly 4-PO. came from 10 g dried aborts
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

endlessness
#4 Posted : 12/11/2010 8:09:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow! How much you think that is ?

PS: Get a better camera you bastard!

benzyme
#5 Posted : 12/11/2010 9:48:25 PM

analytical chemist

tough to say....

very active, though Wink
yeah, the pic was taken with a phone camera

sonicate, filter, rotavap.

DMTripper
#6 Posted : 12/11/2010 10:20:32 PM

John Murdoch IV

Are you sayin this is psilocybin extracted from shrooms?

If so then lookin good Smile
And looks like ALOT from only 10gr.
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

benzyme
#7 Posted : 12/11/2010 10:31:27 PM

analytical chemist

it only looks like a lot because it was spun fast.
it's really just a thin layer coating the flask

Rivea
#8 Posted : 12/13/2010 5:27:38 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

Looks like a good use of sonication and your rotoevap. Makes me want to grow fungus and experiment with it!
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

Infundibulum
#9 Posted : 12/13/2010 10:10:28 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Good stuff!!!

But sure it can't all be psilocybin, methanol would extract plenty of sugars, wouldn't it?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

benzyme
#10 Posted : 12/13/2010 2:20:03 PM

analytical chemist

and proteins, which is probably what the green goo is that people get.
got some of that too, it was just separated out by the centrifugal force

i'd conservatively estimate 40% - 45% psilocybin. experiments with re-x are in order

nevertheless, it seems alcoholic extractions are the way to go, to preserve the activity. A/B seems to render product inactive by altering the charge state of the OH, which is ever-susceptible to oxidation.

ragabr
#11 Posted : 12/13/2010 5:34:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After an alcohol extraction, does it need to be stored in the dark, if left in solution? Looks awesome, btw!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

benzyme
#12 Posted : 12/13/2010 6:02:22 PM

analytical chemist

thanks
you know, i'm not exactly sure. since it's most likely psilocybin, which is stable unlike the more photosensitive psilocin, i don't think any extra storage measures need to be taken. can probably get away with storing it in a clear container at room temp, and it will still keep its activity.

ragabr
#13 Posted : 12/13/2010 6:05:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hmm, perhaps adding citric acid to convert to psilocin was a poor idea. :-S thank you for the thoughts.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

benzyme
#14 Posted : 12/13/2010 6:26:30 PM

analytical chemist

well, the addition of a weak acid may not be detrimental to the activity...it's adding base
that might muck it up

Bill Cipher
#15 Posted : 1/1/2011 7:42:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Benzyme - What was your final yield and how did it perform? What are the similarities and differences to ingesting the raw fungus? Is it smokable? Would you be willing to write up a tek that is duplicatible by your average, ordinary kitchen clod?

burnt
#16 Posted : 1/1/2011 1:11:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Many years ago SWIMMED performed simple methanol extraction on about 4 g dried mushrooms. Filtered dried thats it. Stored it for months upon months in the fridge. One day SWIM took it in some tea. SWIM was wrecked. Crawling on the floor wrecked.

benzyme
#17 Posted : 1/1/2011 3:57:23 PM

analytical chemist

Uncle Knucles wrote:
Benzyme - What was your final yield and how did it perform? What are the similarities and differences to ingesting the raw fungus? Is it smokable? Would you be willing to write up a tek that is duplicatible by your average, ordinary kitchen clod?

don't know what the yield was, I didn't weigh it.
the off-white product clung to the side of the flask. not sure if it was smokable either.
it was much, much less material to consume than the raw fungus, but the effects were identical to psilocybin. had some nausea
onset was about 15 minutes, effects lasted about 3 - 4 hrs, with 5 hr afterglow.

the basic approach is grinding dry mushrooms and soaking in alcohol. this is allowed to sit in the freezer for a few day, then transferred to room temp. this may be cycled (optional). then, heat the slurry in a 40 C water bath for half an hour. filter, and evap
(if possible, use reduced pressure).

burnt wrote:
One day SWIM took it in some tea. SWIM was wrecked. Crawling on the floor wrecked.

yeah
the extract is incredibly potent, very concentrated magic.

SpiralNeuroEclipse
#18 Posted : 1/1/2011 10:26:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow! Very cool benzyme, im very jealous Smile

Madcap
#19 Posted : 2/17/2011 5:26:49 AM

illudium Q-36

sweet peaches, you got the goods!

How does the nausea compare to dried fruits?

If you have done an ethanol extraction: Is there much benefit over an ethanol "elixir" other than having it as a powder (although, I understand that itself would be huge awesomeness)

Is it less nausea than ethanol elixir?

Did the product stay dry or go goo?

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

benzyme
#20 Posted : 2/17/2011 5:33:58 AM

analytical chemist

tbh, the nausea was identical because it was so potent; it wasn't ghastly to consume
it ended up being a waxy consistency, difficult to remove from the sides of the flask.
a hot tea was prepared and added to the flask with heavy cream, then imbibed.
heavy nausea followed by purging and visuals occurred about 20 mins later

123NEXT»