We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DPT? Options

Global
#1 Posted : 12/11/2010 4:59:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

After watching the Spirit Molecule documentary, it occurred to me to look up DPT as they mentioned both diethyl- and dipropyltryptamine in the video. Information I found was extremely vague so I was wondering if any of you had any insights into pro's/con's of DPT specifically?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 12/11/2010 5:14:03 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

DPT is k3wl
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

burnt
#3 Posted : 12/12/2010 2:47:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

DPT is quite a bit different from dmt. Less visual, quite dissociating actually, longer lasting, not as intense, and physically comfortable. See Thikal for more information.

dumbstruck
#4 Posted : 12/12/2010 3:23:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interestingly DPT is the eucharist of a religious group in Manhattan called the Temple of the True Inner Light. They believe something to the effect of DPT bringing you to personally experience and be enveloped in the divine.

I have heard DPT referred to a few separate times as "DMT without all those pesky aliens". I have not tried it, but am eager to. The slightly extended come up and plateau period sound just wonderful. With a 2-3x extended ride (15 min total I believe) I feel it may be easier to translate more of what is actually happening to me into stable concepts and words to bring back and share.

Also, DMT -> DET -> DPT. What comes after? And does it retain it's psychoactivity?

benzyme
#5 Posted : 12/12/2010 3:49:29 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

activity is nil with longer alkyl groups on the terminal amine. instead, substitution on the alpha carbon or 4 and 5 positions is typically implemented

"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

benzyme
#6 Posted : 12/12/2010 3:51:53 PM

analytical chemist

benzyme attached the following image(s):
Tryptamine_rests.png (7kb) downloaded 241 time(s).

dumbstruck
#7 Posted : 12/12/2010 3:58:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the diagram as to which position means what. I get confused on this and am eagerly trying to learn.

I have sampled 4-HO-DPT but without DPT to compare it to my descriptions would be rather incomplete. I have heard it's more like DPT than psilocin, at least on the moderate to high doses. 5-HO-DPT sounds interesting but I haven't even gotten 5-HO-DMT to work for me very well yet. I suppose the 5-HO-DPT is even further from serotonin than bufotenine. Though my limited understanding tells me that does not necessarily mean it is less active than bufotenin.

Global
#8 Posted : 12/12/2010 11:52:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Most of the places where I've looked neither say DPT is legal nor illegal in the US. Can I get some verification on which it is exactly?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

muad dib
#9 Posted : 12/13/2010 1:10:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wouldn't the Analog Act make the specific naming of DPT unnecessary in US law?

Is it a unique situation regarding DPT in some way?

Muad'dib

Global
#10 Posted : 12/13/2010 8:20:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's kinda what I was wondering...

dumbstruck
#11 Posted : 12/13/2010 8:23:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From wiki: "Two cases of note have examined the interpretation of the Federal Analog Act in the USA. Firstly, the case of USA v. Damon S. Forbes et al. (1992) 806 F.Supp. 232, a district court decision for the district of Colorado, considered the question of whether the drug alphaethyltryptamine (AET) was a controlled substance analogue in the USA. The controlled drugs to which it was alleged that AET was substantially similar were the tryptamine analogues dimethyltryptamine (DMT) and diethyltryptamine (DET).
In this case, the court ruled that AET was not substantially similar to DMT or DET, on the grounds that (i) AET is a primary amine while DMT and DET are tertiary amines, (ii) AET cannot be synthesized from either DMT or DET, and (iii) the hallucinogenic or stimulant effects of AET are not substantially similar to the effects of DMT or DET. Furthermore the court ruled that the definition of controlled substance analogue given in the Federal Analog Act was unconstitutionally vague, in that
“Because the definition of "analogue" as applied here provides neither fair warning nor effective safeguards against arbitrary enforcement, it is void for vagueness.
The common law principle that the people should have the right to know what the law is, means that the wording of laws should be sufficiently clear and precise that it is possible to give a definitive answer as to whether a particular course of action is legal or illegal. However despite this ruling the Federal Analog Act was not revised, and instead AET was specifically scheduled to avoid any future discrepancies.”

Tricky situation this analogue act. DPT is a tertiary amine, so the (i) first argument is invalid for DPT. DPT also fails argument (ii) since DPT can be synthesized using schedule one DMT or DET. The third argument, (iii), is tricky. The hallucinogenic content is most certainly "substantially similar to the effects of DMT or DET.". So it is likely that DPT would fail this argument as well. However, the federal law was never revised to fix the "unconstitutionally vague" term "analogue". So really this could go either way in court, depending on how much your lawyer cost.

I would doubt any prosecution would result from a relatively small amount, say a few grams or less. But if one was caught with 10+ grams then I would be shaking in my booties.

justine
#12 Posted : 12/13/2010 8:34:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also, DPT is orally active and according to tihkal 500mg administered that way may last 16 hours!
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

Bancopuma
#13 Posted : 12/13/2010 9:24:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DPT is interesting stuff with its own distinct experience siganture. My one dose seemed pretty intense (100mg insufflated) but the trip moved so fast that I was unable to get cornered and for fear to build up...there was a pinch of fear on the come up...i.e. what the hell have I let myself in for! The main visual fireworks of the trip ended very suddenly I remember. It felt incredibly electric. After this, there is quite magnificent afterglow period, I found not dissimilar to MDMA. Subtle psychedelia but very heart opening and therapeutic. Had a great shared experience on this with my sister. Nice afterglow the next day. Nice time frame as well...next time I would try a lower dose, maybe 50mg, as I think this would be more pleasurable and user friendly.

seven7seven
#14 Posted : 12/13/2010 10:14:58 PM

Stewie

dumbstruck wrote:

Also, DMT -> DET -> DPT. What comes after? And does it retain it's psychoactivity?

next up to bat would likely be DALT (N,N-Diallyltryptamine). Reported to be psychedelic. Never tried it tough. Tried the 5-meo-DALT which is definitely psychedelic.
seven7seven attached the following image(s):
DALT.png (7kb) downloaded 174 time(s).

benzyme
#15 Posted : 12/14/2010 3:49:36 AM

analytical chemist

actually, going with the sequential theme, next would be DBT, dibutyltryptamine
which is weakly active.

diallyltryptamine is technically DPT sans 4 hydrogens, unsaturated propyl groups. that is, two propene moieties on the terminal amine.

Elf Machine
#16 Posted : 12/20/2010 8:17:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just finished reading Breaking Open The Head and I had not heard of DPT before that. Daniel Pinchbeck didn't have too much good to say about it. He basically said it was similar to DMT but was demonic. His experience sounded terrible. Anyone else have anything to say about it? I can't wait to try it.

Bancopuma
#17 Posted : 12/20/2010 1:21:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would take Daniel Pinchbeck's opinions with a pinch of salt. We're all individuals and react differently to these things. I'm definitely not convinced about DPT, or any other drug for that matter, being labelled as 'demonic'.

Global
#18 Posted : 12/21/2010 7:31:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
I would take Daniel Pinchbeck's opinions with a pinch of salt. We're all individuals and react differently to these things. I'm definitely not convinced about DPT, or any other drug for that matter, being labelled as 'demonic'.

Agreed. He's most likely just projecting. It would be like if someone had a bad experience with DMT caused by some problem in their life but they blamed it on the demonic DMT. As much as I love Terrence McKenna, his writings and speeches and whatnot, I can't help but feel like he projects too. Maybe he has a sort of implied "I" whenever he says "and then [this] happens" or "and then you find yourself"...I guess I would just prefer it if people were to add more doubt to their observations, leave them a little more open-ended and not so much "this is what it's like". Again, I could just be overlooking an implied sense of "this is how it happens for me" but it doesn't often come out sounding like that.

justine
#19 Posted : 12/21/2010 8:04:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gobalswg wrote:
Bancopuma wrote:

Agreed. He's most likely just projecting. It would be like if someone had a bad experience with DMT caused by some problem in their life but they blamed it on the demonic DMT. As much as I love Terrence McKenna, his writings and speeches and whatnot, I can't help but feel like he projects too. Maybe he has a sort of implied "I" whenever he says "and then [this] happens" or "and then you find yourself"...I guess I would just prefer it if people were to add more doubt to their observations, leave them a little more open-ended and not so much "this is what it's like". Again, I could just be overlooking an implied sense of "this is how it happens for me" but it doesn't often come out sounding like that.

Timothy Leary made the same incredible mistake when he thought that lsd would lead to a global revolution, overlooking the fact that cia agents had been experimenting with it for more than
a decade and never became less reactionary.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

DiMiTriX
#20 Posted : 12/29/2010 12:53:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

noone else tried the 4-ho-dpt?? it's sounds very interestin in swim opinion
Tz'is aná