We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
PART 1 ::: In the playground of my mind I have installed a slide next to the swings Options

jbark
#1 Posted : 12/10/2010 1:57:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is PART 1 of 2 parts: a foray into the unknown - MDMA, K & N2O.

In the playground of my mind I have installed a slide next to the swings.

I rolled over and uttered what I felt compelled to share with my companions next to me on the duveted floor :

« In the playground of my mind I have installed a slide next to the swings !! »

Their dumbfounded faces confounded me, so I repeated the phrase, chuckling at the end to underline how simple it all was, and added :

« But I lost a screw, so the installation is incomplete. I need to go back to the playground !! »

I was in a shallow ebb of the deep end of the trance, many hours into the waves that pushed me up and across varying and phantasmagoric shores :

We had arrived hours earlier, nine of us slowly trickling in the door to the rented chalet, the autumnal lakeside mansion that would be the host and only witness to our hours of ecstasy and division & union and travelling. It was the fortieth birthday of the woman organizing our outing, and all were in high spirits, the sense of anticipation lucid and charged.

It was an adventure for me : I knew Shayku (a nexus member), and had met his friends on one calm afternoon in the park for a quick and distracted picnic, the distraction being my energetic almost-two-year-old son who had me spending more time chasing him around the park than breaking bread with Shayku and company. So I went to the chalet with a traveller’s spirit, to greet a new environment, new people and 3 substances soon to be new to me : MDMA, Ketamine and Nitrous Oxide.

I had done Ecstasy twice, 8 years earlier, both times in an after-hours dance club - and hated it. The feverish come-up, the sudden and near paralyzing dehydration, the profound sensation that my head was either about to burst or stay in this pressurized pre-burst stage for the duration - or worse, forever... I didn’t get what all the ra(v)e was, and decided to leave it to the dance crowd, of which I was most certainly not a part (anyone who has had the distraction of watching me gyrate a-rhythmically to the throb of chest-caving beats knows at least one of the reasons…)

I have since learned that the difference between pure MDMA and « X » cannot be overstressed : X, apparently, marks many spots, from speed to cocaine to even sometimes heroin and of course (although occasionally only in trace amounts), MDMA.

So I had let myself be convinced that maybe this particular phenethylamine, in its pure form, was worthy of more RESEARCH.

Before everyone had arrived, the itch was too great for some. We went upstairs to the lofty attic, where mattresses had been arranged on the floor. We lay next to each other and I heard my first SWoooOoooCH as a balloon rapidly expanded with N2O from a cartridge loaded into a whipped cream canister. I was there to observe, wanting to wait to experience Nitrous with MDMA and perhaps Ketamine, having been told that it is much more effective in conjunction with these other substances. But I am easily led when I choose to follow… One was filled for me, but then S, also as new to all-that-was-new-to-me that evening, asked if I wanted to split it with her. I laugh about it now, but said yes then, ever the cautious cliff jumper! Needless to say to anyone familiar with this particular inhalant, it wasn’t particularly strong on half a dose, first time around, with poor technique and low expectations… I experienced a mild head rush and a lightness that could just as easily have been attributed to the long breath-holding as to the N2O.

We did a couple more (full doses this time) , and I had some minor CEVs and audio distortions, accompanied by a not unpleasant physical sense of cerebral expansion (yes, while my mind didn’t expand, it sure felt like my brain had !) . All in all OK, but not terribly impressive.

NOW ON TO THE MAIN COURSE :

Settled in, rooms sorted, sun long set and amidst giggles we « popped » (not sure I liked the terminology, given the way my head had felt years ago on « X »…!) There were several strengths of pill, and being the intrepid explorer that I am (ehem, READ : often reckless when not cautious explorer…), I chose the strongest dose on the assurance that IT CANNOT GO WRONG WITH THIS STUFF. Heard that before - have you ?

Those more familiar with the substance wanted to all jump in the sauna for the comeup, but me-bein’ a lil shyboy summadatime, coupled with a fear of the fever-rippling comeup that was my only point of reference, I decided a sauna was the last place I wanted to be as the phens began their work tickling and rip-pull(play)ing at my neurotransmitters.

Then the waves of sweet glory washed and ebbedandflowed up my legs and through the ever/over/river-arching spine to my nuque and over my headskull to my gaping and incredulous and tingling mouth-hole.

Ahhhhh WHaaaAAAAT ? Ahhhhhhh, gd……JUST awwwwww as just as AWE can be…

AwwwwWWWWWHAHAHAHawe……….

No feverpitch, no sweat infused terror, no debilitating dehydration. Just ahhhhhhhhh… and a touch of Ohhhhhhhhh…

I sat there for another ten minutes or so just feeling the wash before the sauna crew sauntered down the stairs with balloon gear and a mission to hug and roll around on the floor.

A faux-fur white duvet stretched over the floor was our launch pad. We all took our places side by side.

SwoooOoooCH
SwoooOoooCH
And yet another 7 SwoooOoooCHes.

All loaded up, everyone a balloon in hand, Chin chin, balloon to balloon, then CHoooOoooWSSWoooOoooCH, inhale hold exhale. Inhale hold exhale.

Eyes closed, the sounds in the room - music, giggles, moans - recede and reverberate, echoing into echoes, into distant vibrating ripples of audio and then, in the centre of my field of vision, out of the grey-speckled darkness, a squiggly geometric lattice labyrinth, swirling-spinning, gates shifting and changing to gates and more gates in/out/around the maze in my head. Then it recedes and the audio in the room folds back into familiar sounds. N2O meet JBArk, JBArk meet N20...

Another MDMA capsule consumed. Then:

MORE BALLOONS. (SIDEBAR, a little note on technique: I discovered that for me the most effective way of inhaling nitrous is to take it all in, hold it as long as you can, exhale into the balloon, take two or three quick breaths to re-oxygenate, inhale the balloon again (repeat a third time if able), then hold it in until you forget who/what/where you are. I repeat “breathebreathebreathe” in my mind and tap the floor lightly with my fist so that just as I leap into ego-death there is a little reminder to breathe, and a grounding tap as a further reminder. THEN – bang, gone, swirling cartoonvortex and reverberating feedback audio and NOJBArk takes over)

A balloon: A vortex of music bars spinning large cartoon notes through a square of brilliant otherworldly sparkling red to the suckpoint in the middle where they recede and disappear.

Another balloon: a spinning primary coloured square within another within another until the diminishing squares within squares were a point – around the edge of each square was written this bit of nonsense, that swirled with each of the squares:

____A____L____L____
L __________________Y
S __________________

Yet Another balloon: Unrecognizable glyphs and symbols spinning in glittery luminescent fields of colour – in a receding, swirling vortex...

Why always a vortex that spins to infinity? Why always sucking these nonsensical symbols and objects…? And “all my favourite girls”…??? This clause has no personal significance whatsoever, and in my recollection, I have never once uttered these four words together… so from whence? What deep recess of my mind? Or - elsewhere… (?!) What significance, if any? The nonsensical utterings and fabrications, and non sequitor imagistic associations of a drug addled mind? TRUTH? Glimpses of an otherness, hints of veiled connections and hidden unities? The circumference of a forbidden knowledge? A brain-machine confused by exogenous signals?

These are the confounding questions that keep me searching, asking, returning and discovering new and unique questions and perspectives and substances, armed with the knowledge that questions MUST be their own answers…

…After this, nerves steeled (or melted given the drug in question), and curiosity tweaked, I ventured into K-land. Since a bad bicycle race crash in Belgium 15 years ago (broken septum deep in my skull, resulting in long lasting low grade fever and 2 bonesetting surgeries into my head), I never put anything into my damaged sinuses, one of which has been left scarred and largely fleshless, prone to infection. So gum-in-cheek administration is what I use, and it seems to work just as well. I did not measure the quantity I took, but rather returned frequently for small lines I would lift with wetted fingertips and rub into my mouth below and above my teeth.

The K added sharp edges to everything, and all quickly went a little askew, sliding, reality now two or more tectonic-like plates shifting until I was uncertain which way was up (never thought I would employ this cliche, but damn, now I know where it comes from !!)

THE SHIFT.

Of perspective, distance, meaning… like another dimension just slid into our own, juxtaposing it at what I can only refer to as an angle - AND an intersecting plane.

The fifth dimensional hypotenuse of K. That upon its intersection, triangulates LENGTHWIDTHHEIGHTTIME.

Another half MDMA split with S, an hour after the last one, to keep it all riding along.

I RODE THE HYPOTENUSE INTO THE DaTa STREAM.

Returning for several lines broken up by a balloon or two each time, I was unprepared for the Mth line that was further intersected by the Nth balloon of nitrous. I was catapulted into a deep voyage, “hyperspace”-like, but with a unique signature and an odd sense of control – I felt less guided than able to navigate, like the experience was partly interactive. With DMT “hyperspace” launches you are shot from a NASA launchpad and dragged along at breakneck velocity, perhaps willingly, kicking and screaming, awed or terrified, but undeniably dragged. You have as much will as a stone, and about as much interaction as a fly with a windshield.

First I was thrust dreamily into a vista of whirling shapes against an aquamarine field of infinite depth ; the shapes were like the animated version of a child’s mobile : 3D shapes rendered 2D - pastel pyramids, cubes and spheres and dodecahedrons rotating around a common invisible point in the centre of my field of vision ; geometric planets orbiting an eternal and infinite point in an infinite space…

Then the shapes spiralled from view, the blue space darkening further to blueprint dim, and little glowing whitish lines shot from the periphery and danced around, as if forming, unforming reforming and morphing in and out of blueprint forms of buildings and vehicles and beings and planes and worlds… It was a dance of creation, but I was witnessing its plan, its architectural representation, and not its reality.

I floated through this and beyond, past many similar visions and vistas and intersecting planes, until emerging from the darkness was a world, seemingly a planet, over which I flew, or floated, bird’s eye-like, above its surface as it evolved : things grew, first semi-biological morphing beings or plant life, then more regular, architectural structures like buildings, skyscrapers, cities, civilizations (the actuality of the blueprinted plans I had witnessed, perhaps… ?) The further I floated along, the more complex and complete the surface, and these civilizations, became.

I WANTED TO SEE MORE :

So I consciously dove into one of these cities, down to street level (and there were streets !), where I saw the equivalent of a business district end of day : suits fresh from work bustling past one another on a sidewalk in the shade of the edifices above, purposeful, brief-cased and numerous, but faceless, a veil of skin where eyes and mouth should be, and behind each of them I saw, as I floated just above and over their heads, a squirming collection of varicoloured neon lines that roughly formed, in geometric permutations, a colourful tron-like rectangular box that followed about 6 inches from their backs…

At this point, unsure if it was of my own volition (things such as « will » remain a little vague in this state), I floated back up above the « cities » and vaulted at superspeed over the neverending surface of this « planet » until BANG !! I was released from orbit and I, or the planet or both, receded into the void until I could see no more than a dot, then a speck then nothing. This civilized planet had receded into the folds of an infinite plane, as had I…

Coalescing now in my field of view was something deeply familiar, yet it felt like the first time I had seen it in this form : a large yellow/orange striped and bejewelled capital M in a red frame of white dots that completely filled my periphery, shimmering and stable yet ever-glittering and transforming.

IT WAS THE SAME PLACE. “HYPERSPACE”.

I felt the terror rise through the body I could not feel…(it was identical to a place I have visited on DMT, and have glimpsed on mushrooms and LSD). Then the fear receded. I laughed. I controlled the terror and smiled, realizing that I could not be afraid for, strangely, there was no emotional content to this experience…

I was down at the root, where I have been many times before, staring at my own naked consciousness up through its own asshole, and not a hint of fear. Enraptured in the bejewelled and ever-folding corridors of infinity, I rejoiced !! There was a way to this place, of perfect unity, of oneness and dissolution, that bypassed the fear I had taken as one its innate characteristics !!

A voice that was not a voice did not say “I told you so”, but I felt this wisdom, this friendly rebuke, to my core. NO MORE FEAR.

The visions receded and I opened my eyes, a grin I had forgotten I could grin hurting unused and heretofore un-flexed facial muscles. Laying there for a minute, I lived the SHIFT and just let it flow over me.

When I finally stood up, the SHIFT shifted with my vertical re-orientation. I felt as though I were walking on the wall, and that the ceiling was actually one of the four walls and… What confused me as I strode awkwardly toward the bathroom : which of the four walls, in this case, was the floor… !!??

In the bathroom I saw, superimposed over the orange wall, a veritable energy sphere floating within. Sparks flew from it and seemed to make up its form, like a giant atom, the electrons spinning/reappearing at such speed as to suggest the spherical form I witnessed floating in or on the surface of the wall. Then it slowly shrunk to a point, subdividing along the way into identical shrinking spheres that diverged, pulling lines with them, until, as points still dividing and subdividing, they formed a 3 dimensional geometric expanding lattice that continued to grow, the spaces between the points themselves shrinking, the lines connecting them shortening, until the points were so minute as to be indistinguishable from the lines, from the other points, AND FROM THE WALL ITSELF !! Had I just witnessed the atomic then molecular formation of the wall before me, macro and micro co-existing in the same space ?

Then a bump came out of the wall: an orange sloping protrusion next to the toilet. I changed angles, taking a step to the side. The protrusion had perspective. It existed in the 3 dimensional space of the bathroom cubicle. I pushed my hands toward it but the instant I should have touched it, it began to recede, pushing out sideways to form a longer, shallower protrusion. I pushed my hand again further toward the wall, and the protrusion suddenly burst in two and waded away along the wall, then split again. And again. AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. Like the spheres, the infinite subdividing was accompanied by a shrinking, until there were so many tiny protrusions, they were again indistinguishable from the surface of the wall. Never have I experienced such vivid hallucinations. In fact, by strict definition, I could even say these were the first true hallucinations I had ever seen, being independent of the subject, not just mere textural and chromatic overlays. And they seemed to exist in all 3 dimensions - and alter over the 4th, time.

I left the bathroom, enthralled. When I came back into the room, my friends were dancing, in camisoles or bare-chested. AND THEIR SKIN. Their skin was crawling with the black out-linings of animated tribal-style tattoos. Inching into swirls and vines and ancient symmetries, these evolving, animated lines etched over arms and legs, under garments, emerging higher up on neck and face – anywhere skin was present, it was delineated, held together, defined by these slow moving deepdark tendrils. I was again enraptured, and when I touched S’s arm, the lineage reacted, swirling away then back toward the contact point of fingers and then digging under my palm.

St danced, the tattoos flowing on his skin to the rhythm his body set; E laughed and the dark forms receded and pulsed with each punch of laughter. C leaned against the wall, watching the dance unfold, the swirls and cues on her arms and across her back straining, as if supporting her weight, and allowing her to lean without crashing to the ground.

Strangely, I have no recollection of this living tattoo on myself…

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you sincerely for reading (and finishing!) Part 1 and: PART 2 is up, THE PLAYGROUND & THE DATA STREAM!!

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#2 Posted : 12/10/2010 7:29:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Shocked ..that was a damn good report! Thanks for sharingVery happy
Long live the unwoke.

Citta
#3 Posted : 12/10/2010 7:35:35 AM

Skepdick

"I was down at the root, where I have been many times before, staring at my own naked consciousness up through its own asshole, and not a hint of fear."

Great report jbark, I'm tuned for more!

jbark
#4 Posted : 12/10/2010 9:04:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
Shocked ..that was a damn good report! Thanks for sharingVery happy

Thanks for reading it Fractal - the pleasure's in the writing, the joy in the sharing. Glad you liked it. I am just polishing Part 2 and writing an "aftermath" that I will post in a couple of days.

Cheers,
JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Shayku
#5 Posted : 12/10/2010 9:35:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

JBark! You finally wrote it! I was refreshing here and there in anticipation, and it's really a great one. I'm tempted to forward it to the gang, but I think I'll let you do it. S will love it I'm sure (though she may have to wait until tuesday to read it...)

Thanks a lot for writing it, this is very much like someone taking a picture of something that can't actually be photographed.

Can't wait to roll one the floor once more Smile
SWIM is Spartacus!

The things posted on DMT-Nexus by Shayku are generally false. They are for entertainment purposes only.

jbark
#6 Posted : 12/11/2010 4:57:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Citta wrote:
"I was down at the root, where I have been many times before, staring at my own naked consciousness up through its own asshole, and not a hint of fear."

Great report jbark, I'm tuned for more!

Thanks Citta. Once I polish the last bit, I'd love for you to read it and get your comments!

Cheers,
JBArk

olympus mon
#7 Posted : 12/11/2010 9:04:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

jbark seriously great report! very well written as well as a fantastic journey into the other places of our mind.

first off i just need to say i almost pee'd a little at your selection of consumablesVery happy . this menu holds one of my personal best psychedelic experiences to date. i haven't done ketamine in over 11 years but i would love to get my hands on some and try my now expanded consciousness out for a test drive.

i was way into the club seen back then and was more of a loady (someone just looking to get loaded and escape) than an explorer. even still it was my first experience in another reality and out of body. i saw my own death and it was quite profound as well as beautiful. it was the catylst for my transformation. i stopped doing cocaine and ecstasy and looked for a better group of people to spend my time with. i began taking care of my neglected body and even moved across the country to further my development and art.

all cuz of ketamine and mdma...

thanks bro, your story is awesome. even if it may have been uncomfortable at times you are very lucky.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Lavos
#8 Posted : 12/12/2010 1:32:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow Jbark, what an adventure. You wrote it out very well too. That's nice. It sucks to trip/dream and KNOW that you experienced a lot, but can't recall it. You've inspired me, I gotta learn more about this K stuff, I just thought it was a plain ole dis-associative (sp?) Didn't really recognize that it could catapult the consciousness the way it did yours. Just fantastik, beautiful, thanks for sharing.
My ego is insane, but I'm alright

The path of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. -William Blake

Lavos is a fictional character, a dream inside a dream. Don't take what he says to be true or representational of reality in any known form. He is inspired by pure fantasy.

blue lunar night
#9 Posted : 12/12/2010 5:56:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jbark wrote:

THE SHIFT.

i know of what you speak Smile

a gorgeous report, thank you.

the molecular energy spheres sound familiar, and the animated hieroglyphic skin too Wink

(IM) k + mdma is definitely on the list to try. (i vastly prefer intramuscular administration of K over insufflation.)
friends speak of this combination reverently. one veteran psychenaut shared a k+mdma experience in which he gave birth to an elemental water dragon, after which they parted ways in mutual love and gratitude. if that isn't a strong endorsement i don't know what is! Shocked

jbark if you ever have the opportunity to combine k + a quality tryptamine, for the love of Goddess please do seize that opportunity!
intramuscular k + miprocin was unprecedented. it launched me straight back to the Big Bang faster than you can say "oh wow i died for real this time." (the impact was like a hydrogen bomb detonating in the apartment. i truly did not expect to return from that one.) on my way back to the Source i could see countless lives, of all species, each life encased in a bubble, with countless bubbles embedded in these umbilical cords which were apparently something like karmically-linked chains of rebirth, all streaming by at light speed... yet i could look in these bubbles as they passed and glimpse the lives contained within, like glimpsing faces peering out the windows of a speeding train...

anyways thanks again! i anticipate the next installment! Very happy

Enoon
#10 Posted : 12/12/2010 12:30:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

As always your report is beautiful.
Thank you for taking the time to write them and enrich our lives with your words!

I absolutely love the image of the patterns on the people's skins! It felt like you took that from my mind directly Razz
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

jbark
#11 Posted : 12/12/2010 1:43:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shayku wrote:
JBark! You finally wrote it! I was refreshing here and there in anticipation, and it's really a great one. I'm tempted to forward it to the gang, but I think I'll let you do it. S will love it I'm sure (though she may have to wait until tuesday to read it...)

Thanks a lot for writing it, this is very much like someone taking a picture of something that can't actually be photographed.

Can't wait to roll one the floor once more Smile

My pleasure. I like the analogy, particularly with my passion for photography, cinematography and writing. What I can't film I write, and hopefully what I photograph can't be written!

And yes, another peopled roll on the floor is in order! It will have to be in '11 for me though.

JBArk

Metanoia
#12 Posted : 12/12/2010 3:03:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Amazing, well written report as usual jbark. Thank you for sharing such a great experience with us! I can't wait to read the conclusion Pleased

Soulshine
#13 Posted : 12/12/2010 4:18:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I also really enjoyed it !!! Couldn't stop reading. You took very detailed mental notes during your trip which helped make the report solid. Sounds like you had a blast.

And yes, the "moving tattoos" also strike a chord with me. Almost every time i have OEVs when i come back i look in the mirror accross from my bed and see different energys, or different colored and textured lines that flow and morph.Shocked

again thank you for the report.
The tragedy of life isn't that it's too short, it's that we take too long to begin it...

-NO TURN UNSTONED-
"Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in !!!"

"Compassion becomes real when we recognize our shared humanity" - Pema Chodron

jbark
#14 Posted : 12/12/2010 5:09:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

olympus mon wrote:

Quote:
first off i just need to say i almost pee'd a little at your selection of consumablesVery happy . this menu holds one of my personal best psychedelic experiences to date. i haven't done ketamine in over 11 years but i would love to get my hands on some and try my now expanded consciousness out for a test drive.

It is a menu I will be returning to Cool. I was really shocked how psychedelic it was. AND dissociative. And euphoric. Andandand...

I can't recommend it enough but I'll refrain from commenting further until after part 2!

JBArk

jbark
#15 Posted : 12/13/2010 1:23:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Enoon, Lavos, it thrills me you enjoyed it! You've had the skin tattoo visions as well Enoon? wow... I wonder how much crossover there is vision-wise... I get into that at the end of Part 2, so it's interesting thhat you bring that up. Stay tuned!

blue lunar night wrote:

"(IM) k + mdma is definitely on the list to try. (i vastly prefer intramuscular administration of K over insufflation.)
friends speak of this combination reverently."

A few people have recommended IM administration. Sort of an arbitrary line I have never crossed, but I must admit my curiosity is peaked. Can you quantify/qualify the differences in effects and duration?

Never tried miprocin either. Any other tryps you've experienced with K that you recommend?

cheers,

JBArk

blue lunar night
#16 Posted : 12/13/2010 5:25:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jbark wrote:

A few people have recommended IM administration. Sort of an arbitrary line I have never crossed, but I must admit my curiosity is peaked. Can you quantify/qualify the differences in effects and duration?

Never tried miprocin either. Any other tryps you've experienced with K that you recommend?

For me the qualitative difference between IM and insufflation is huge. IM is so much clearer, cleaner and more coherent in every way. Occasionally a friend whose experience is limited to insufflation will gently scoff at such assertions, incredulous at the possibility that it could be any better than it already is! But it's true Very happy Shocked

i have no particular desire to use IM administration for anything besides ketamine - i had simply read from John Lilly and others that IM was the superior method, and so that was how i determined to do it.

it seems i metabolize k a bit more slowly than 'normal'... by the time my friends are back up and about, i'm still woozy & nauseated, feeling like death-warmed-over. either way, IM clears my system much faster than insuff. The delicious slippage of IM sets in after 5-10 minutes, peaks for ~1 hr, with an hour or two for recovery. Insufflated initiates after 10-15 minutes, peak & recovery last a bit longer, but are more diffuse, or even diluted.

ketamine, being a dissociative, is after all allied with tenebrous and thanatotic energies, so it seems fitting that the cold bite of steel should deliver that cosmic nectar into the current of lifeblood...
i like to perceive the injection as the fang of an entheogenic serpent entity sunk deep into my flesh, slowly releasing its trickle of medicine venom...

A friend once took 400 mg rectally. He was completely dissociated for about 4 or 5 hours, with 3 or 4 hours recovery, and reported it to be qualitatively superior to insufflation. tho obviously requiring a much higher dose.

The only other ketacombo (ketacombs = ketamine catacombs!) i have tried is k+2cb. it was a little disappointing, but then i'm ambivalent about 2cb to begin with, and the context was fraught with some heavy personal issues (unrelated to me). however the visual aspects were nonetheless mindblowing in the extreme, and instilled in me great enthusiasm to some day blend K with a superior phenethylamine (2C-P i'm looking at you Wink )

no doubt 4-aco-dmt would also be superb. it seems that the tryptamines act as a kind of flashlight or torch, illuminating the velvet abysses of ketamine. if K alone is a pitch dark cave that speaks through distant winds, cold stone, drops of pure water , & the strange phosphorescent green organisms emerging from the walls, then K+tryptamine is like turning on the headlamp to reveal that the cave is entirely formed of dazzling crystals, while in cerulean pools elemental entities float in silent liquid grace...!

based on my one experience with k+2c-b, it seems that PEAs engage qualities more visceral than luminous, but that is a generalization so vague as to be almost meaningless.

i hope that was helpful!
blessed be Smile

jbark
#17 Posted : 12/13/2010 3:16:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

blue lunar light wrote:

Quote:

For me the qualitative difference between IM and insufflation is huge. IM is so much clearer, cleaner and more coherent in every way. Occasionally a friend whose experience is limited to insufflation will gently scoff at such assertions, incredulous at the possibility that it could be any better than it already is! But it's true Very happy Shocked

it seems i metabolize k a bit more slowly than 'normal'... by the time my friends are back up and about, i'm still woozy & nauseated, feeling like death-warmed-over. either way, IM clears my system much faster than insuff. The delicious slippage of IM sets in after 5-10 minutes, peaks for ~1 hr, with an hour or two for recovery. Insufflated initiates after 10-15 minutes, peak & recovery last a bit longer, but are more diffuse, or even diluted.

Curiouser and curiouser... but K makes you feel like death after? one of the qualities I enjoyed about this mixture was the clarity I felt after only 3 hours of sleep, and for days after.

Quote:
ketamine, being a dissociative, is after all allied with tenebrous and thanatotic energies, so it seems fitting that the cold bite of steel should deliver that cosmic nectar into the current of lifeblood...
i like to perceive the injection as the fang of an entheogenic serpent entity sunk deep into my flesh, slowly releasing its trickle of medicine venom...

I likes.

Quote:
The only other ketacombo (ketacombs = ketamine catacombs!) i have tried is k+2cb. it was a little disappointing, but then i'm ambivalent about 2cb to begin with, and the context was fraught with some heavy personal issues (unrelated to me). however the visual aspects were nonetheless mindblowing in the extreme, and instilled in me great enthusiasm to some day blend K with a superior phenethylamine (2C-P i'm looking at you Wink )
no doubt 4-aco-dmt would also be superb. it seems that the tryptamines act as a kind of flashlight or torch, illuminating the velvet abysses of ketamine."

Good analogies! I am thinking maybe mushrooms as my "flashlight".

Some day...

JBArk

Kodama
#18 Posted : 12/17/2010 5:12:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Uuuuuuuhh......nice one! Congrats Cool
It is a pleasure to read your thoughts JBArk....as always!
"Pay attention. And keep breathing." - T. McKenna (1946-2000)

Caen
#19 Posted : 12/18/2010 12:11:45 AM

O.o

You've done it again jbark!
It's always an honor to be able to read the captivating insights on your journeys.
The way your words can take me into a vivid projection of imagination, is simply a work of art.
Every time I read your report I feel like I always have to express the above point since it is a rare gift to witness.

The opening paragraph captures the attention and pulled me into reading the full report in one setting.
We can all relate to finding that simple imperfection in a somewhat finished piece to go back to relive the moments it took to get from point A to point B.

8 years is a long time to return and to redefine the definition of an experience.
And yet not only were you able to bring the experience back, you wove it into a giant kilt of positivity.
For the sake of research to fill ones own intellectual curiosity to see where the road lays beyond.

That is an adventurers mentality.

Sometimes when I read your reports, I feel like I'm reading "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea" for this will be an adventure to take one to the unexpected. To the venture unknown. To be able to read and relate to personal visions through another mans point of view. To be able to wander in the footsteps of another beings ethereal experience of altered reality.

“All my favourite girls" I read that part and just laughed. That phrase caught me off guard since it came out pure randomness. I found comic relief in the moments when you try to define the random moments with pure reason and analysis. It's something we all do when we face moments such as these. It was great you captured yourself doing so, because I tend to forget moments such as these after a few. As for the questions being it's own answers, that can be another question within itself. Behold the beauty of the Fibonacci Sequence. Razz

The very most enticing part of the reports for me personally are the described and detailed visionary voyage segments you've experienced.
In the depth of consciousness lies extraordinary transcendent worlds beyond describing of words for the utter beauty it holds leaves one breathless.
I was left breathless while trying to visualize with my imagination the worlds you described.

After reading it all, I am left with a sense of happiness.
I'm not sure why or how it got there but I am left happy.
I am happy I read this. I am happy you shared this with all of us.
I am happy you've met all the friends that transpired you to capture the moments to write this report.

Thank you. And I look forward for part 2. Very happy

The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
~H. P. Lovecraft~

soulfood
#20 Posted : 12/18/2010 6:04:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Crazy,cozy,cool Smile

You've actually combined my 3 big "never again" substances into something highly profound and those 3 substances just happen to be the easiest to obtain round these parts.

Damn you Razz

That said though, mushrooms was once on that same list so... it's good to grow up I guess.

...I recall I lecture I once gave to an eager class of bright eyed wooden spoons in blue uniform. To this day I could never figure it out.

A pleasure as always. Now for part 2!

12NEXT