We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
phluxs vs 69rons mesc tekz. Options

Virola78
#1 Posted : 12/6/2010 10:32:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you know what you are doing, both teks can be fairly safe. Even if you use xylene and HCl. Also i am under the impression (threads) that both teks can yield a satisfying amount of mesc.

Imo mixing the cactus-lime-water (69ron) is more practical than obtaining a small volume of clear tea (Phlux-).
But maybe this is different for you.

You have other considerations? Razz

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

soulfood
#2 Posted : 12/6/2010 10:37:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

phlux's tek requires less limonene and for me is much less messy and gives cleaner results.

I find it to be more efficent as long as it is performed thoroughly.

Jumper
#3 Posted : 12/7/2010 12:01:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Swim has performed the 69ron tek many times, and it does work, if one is careful. With the right type of french press and other utensils, it will go smoothly. I can see how it can get messy, especially with limonene. If done with patience, it can turn out really good. Both teks have their pros and cons.
Disclaimer: All words and images posted herein under the username Jumper are strictly for entertainment purposes only, and are fictitious in nature. Swim is the imaginary character of a schizophrenic and all posts connected to said entity are the deluded ramblings of a madman, who admits that all posted data herein was electromagnetically beamed into his brain from a HAARP antenna array.

bluntmuffin
#4 Posted : 12/7/2010 12:15:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My plan is to use elements of both, as some chemicals are a bit harder to come by here. Can someone check it please?

1) Pulverize dried or fresh cactus (prep according to phlux). Probably a freeze/thaw in there too.
2) So with my ~100g dry cactus, add 50g (more? less?) of NaOH (in water) to cover the cactus. (I think HDPE is a good container, concentrated lye might be bad for my beakers?)
3) Stir the cactus and lye-water thoroughly.
4) Add 300mL d-Limonene. Shake periodically for 2 hours (or some time anyway)
5) Pipette off all d-Limonene, and place into a beaker.
6) Add 25mL of white vinegar (tek follows rons from here, although I also have HCl, will try both eventually, but will start with acetate), shake for 15 minutes, and pipette water layer from under d-limo layer.
-Repeat steps 5 and 6 twice more.
-Repeat from step 4 twice too.

So essentially using fresh cactus with lye, and then extracting with d-limo and acetic acid (Or HCl or citric, in due time) as per rons tek.

Did I miss anything? Smile

bluntmuffin
#5 Posted : 12/7/2010 1:33:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oneistheall: What do you mean do 69rons first? I don't have hydrated lime, so I can't use it - so NaOH is the next option. I know where to find calcium hydroxide, but not pure in quantities under 25kg. But thanks for the tip off with the vinegar. I wouldn't have known. Smile

Virola78
#6 Posted : 12/7/2010 4:42:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
phlux's tek requires less limonene and for me is much less messy and gives cleaner results.

I find it to be more efficent as long as it is performed thoroughly.

Yea i have noticed you prefer the Phlux- tek. Would indeed be a good idea if you write down how you see them do it.
If you feel like it, and have the time to do this of course..

Wanna do it together? We can do it with the people posting in this thread for example... And of course others would be welcome too, to share their ideas and offer critique. Would be nice experience i think. How about it?

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

SomeoneWhoIsMe
#7 Posted : 12/8/2010 7:18:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

69rons tek says to add your CaOH and cactus with water, stir five minutes, then pull with limonene (tho I'm planning on using xylene). Surely you have to wait longer than five minutes for it to basify if it's STB? I usually wait four hours after I add my CaOH to a mimosa brew...And is heat not required for a STB mescaline extraction?

bluntmuffin
#8 Posted : 12/8/2010 7:57:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

But what is wrong with lye? Is it just the toxicity and corrosivity? Or does it lead to inferior yields? If that's the case, how come Phlux's tek can get great yields using lye?

Infundibulum
#9 Posted : 12/8/2010 5:27:12 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AAAAAAARRGH!!!!!

Please use paragraphs when posting and avoid walls of text block!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

SomeoneWhoIsMe
#10 Posted : 12/8/2010 6:36:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

oneistheall, thanks for the tips. In my trawling of the forums I've seen your questions and comments regarding mescaline extraction come a long way, sounds like you've got a bit of experience under your belt with this...
Well, the cactus came in this morning so I'll get crackalacking. There's so much discrepency over resting times during mescaline extraction, I'll just do what feels/looks right and document my results carefully. Hopin to have a big pile of white crystals to show y'all tomorrow!