We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : would you recrystallize different color spice together?
Choice Votes Statistics
YES 0 0 %
NO 2 100 %
MAYBE ONCE, OUT OF CURIOUSITY 0 0 %

WOULD YOU RECRYSTALLIZE DIFFERNT COLORED SPICE TOGETHER? Options

I am.
#1 Posted : 12/3/2010 1:18:42 PM

I AM

after a few smaller scale extractions, i've found myself with 3 different colored spices (LIGHT yellow/slightly white, bright yellow and kinda ogangish). have roughly 2g of each. would you recrystallize together and get a bunch of nice big crystals of some medium yellow TINT or do each separately?

i'm not trying to impress myself (or others) with colors and purity. just wanting a nice crsytal yield. still getting the hang of this and want to ask the group's overall opinion. thanks...
embrace your nothingness...it's all you are...

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

justine
#2 Posted : 12/3/2010 2:21:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If I had a good feeling about these xtals I would first perform a bioassay and re-x only if the vapor is harsh, I just love when there is some n-oxide (which will be
removed if you do a re-x).
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

I am.
#3 Posted : 12/3/2010 2:28:11 PM

I AM

i actually save my extracted n-oxide when i recrystallize. saw gammagore talk about it and thought it would be a good idea. i dissolve spice into heptane, pipette the oragne goo on bottom and place it on dish to dry, scrap up and squirrel away. still yet to try. hell...i've got my first changa (caapi only) ready to try but have fallen ill so laying off of everything until i recooperate in a couple more days.
embrace your nothingness...it's all you are...

vovin
#4 Posted : 12/4/2010 1:26:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

The only issue I could see is if you had any significant contamination it would contaminate the whole batch. I personally prefer to always keep things separate just in case something goes wrong I do not loose it all. You should be ok I think but why take unnecessary risks if you do not need to.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.