We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
[Guide] Scaling accurately without a microgram scale Options

Eranik
#1 Posted : 12/2/2010 8:05:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I came up with this Idea when realized my 0.01 scale doesn't sense anything for amounts little than 50 mg at all, and begins to sense with +50mg. You may already know this solution I'm going to share, or a better one, but anything needs to be shared, you share your better Ideas too, please.

For this you'll need:
A cheap scale (even a 0.1g scale works fine)
A 10mL pipette
An smaller pipette, 1mL is perfect [OPTIONAL]

Ok here it is:
weight a good amount of the stuff, like 1 gram.
Dissolve it in 10mL of solvent.
Then say you want exactly 50mg, measure 0.5mL of the solution using your pipette (or your 1mL pipette if you have it).
Pour the measured solution on a glass flat plate.
Wash your pipette with 1mL fresh solvent and pour it in the plate too [To make none of the stuff remain inner surface of the pipette]
Evaporate the solution
Scrap with razor blade
Disclaimer: All of these posts are of a fictitious nature only. Their author is known to be a pathological attention-seeking ADHD liar and he/she should NOT be taken seriously in any way. Do not trust anything he/she says because it is simply untrue.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

GobblinTorch
#2 Posted : 12/3/2010 8:27:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM does this for all variety of spices and salts. Kudos Erowid, "liquid measurement".

Its as simple as any known gram weight /(divided by) any amount of ml. as long as you have an accurate way to measure ml. As in pipette, liquid syringe, etc. as you noted. its a quick and cheap way to measure pretty damn close to perfectly accurate. just ask for a liquid syringe at a pharmacy say you need to give a pet medicine or something. they are free in SWIMs experience.

Opiyum
#3 Posted : 12/3/2010 8:51:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's a step by step guide complete with plenty of pictures and details.

For those who love to DIY on a sunday afternoon...

Easy DIY Microgram Scale Check it out! (you have to scroll down ever so slightly)

sigmundfreuid
#4 Posted : 12/3/2010 9:20:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Eranik the problem with your tek is the pipette part.A 1ml syringe would measure even more accurately and you could actually measure in the micrograms range.(µg , mcg)

I found a simple tek on how to measure mg into the microgram range
CesarMillan wrote:

My first test was the other night. I weighed ~5mg on a milligram scale and then dissolved into 5ml of ~95% ethanol. Then used a 1ml plastic syringe to drop .05ml (~50ug) onto one tiny piece of plant medium and then .1ml (~100ug) each onto three other pieces... all prepared for vaporising. I also mixed .25ml with 1ml of water and placed that on a plate for the alcohol to evaporate for nasal delivery.

The real problem is measuring small amounts like 5mg.Most cheap scales just cant have an accurate reading of such a small amount.
IF you have a trick to circumvent that problem please share.

PS. Thanks for the easy microgram scale,only problem about it is its size.Its kind of hard to hide!
Swim is a figment of your imagination and he's a compulsive liar,thus everything he says is pure lies !

Eranik
#5 Posted : 12/3/2010 2:48:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks everyone,
That DIY microgram balance scale looks very interesting, I'm going to build one soon.

Disclaimer: All of these posts are of a fictitious nature only. Their author is known to be a pathological attention-seeking ADHD liar and he/she should NOT be taken seriously in any way. Do not trust anything he/she says because it is simply untrue.