We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
A/B extraction going BAD.(Strate from hell) Please Help! Options

eSINe69
#1 Posted : 12/1/2010 2:47:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hello everyone!
I need help. i buy my Mimosa Hostilis rootbark 700grams from ebay and i think i have been fuck. I did A/B extraction by the book. In a Acid extraction i used hydrochloric acid(ph2-3) and then i boild my liquid(2-3l) in a smaller quantity(1l). then i let the stuff cool and then i find white sediments in bottom of my bottle. Then i filter it and i got 1,5grams white chaulk like stuff and it allmost taste chalk but there are allmost taste of MDMA or MDVP flauvor. WHAT That STUFF IS??? No plastic smell. Not bad smell at all but a little sweet smell. I have no courage to test it. or smoke it!

OK. Lets go oon. I Do defatting three times with 30ml(90mltotal) toluene and then i change PH in 13 with NaOh. Then i Extract DMC with 4 times. I got yellow liquid(140ml).
I put it in a freeze in a three days and no precipates occured. Why nothing happened???

Then i let the liquid evaporate. when the liquid have gone left is the brown-yellow oily goo substance what smells like sweet plastic. I think that is DMT and somekind oily byproducts. But here is!!! I try recrystalice it with 99%IPA. Oily substance disolves in boiling 20ml of 99%IPA. Now i have yellow liquid. I put in back in freezer and let it be in a few days BUT NOTHING HAPPENED?

SO i boild IPA away and oily stuff i diluted in a water(100ml) PH3 with HCL and Defatting with DMC. Now i have both liquids Piss yellow and i do extraction few times 20ml DMC. Water Little bit turn lighter yellow and DMC darker yellow. I think i MADE IT!((i let evaporate DMC and i got oily plastic smelling goo)I hope that plastic smell had gone but there it´s still!!!)

I Turn my water in PH 11-12 with NaOH And i extract with DMC Two or three times and the DMC(60ml) Then i put in a freezer and Still nothing happened???
DMC is Now werry light yellow and i let it evaporate and it´s still piss yellow oil!!!
WHAT THA FUCK IM DOING WRONG??? Please help mee. I think i have screwed.

What that chaulk like substance is and why i cant get any crystal DMT??? I belive there are DMT by that sweet plastic smell.
I lost my hope and i try smoke that goo in i burn my tonque werry bad in a firs little taste.I cant inhale it! So i stop rigt there!!! Damn!
So i cant know is there DMT because i cant crystalice it and smoke it. But that smellLaughing

I wish i bought that strate whole bark and not that pulverised shit in a ebay and buy it a good smartshop or importer.

Here is a pictures of that chaulk like substance. I haven´t clean that up or try crystalice that. I think that can´t crystalice. I take later pictures of that piss yellow oily goo! OR NOT!+?
eSINe69 attached the following image(s):
IMG_0112.JPG (613kb) downloaded 204 time(s).
IMG_0117.JPG (615kb) downloaded 204 time(s).
IMG_0121.JPG (697kb) downloaded 203 time(s).
IMG_0125.JPG (304kb) downloaded 204 time(s).
King of things

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:07:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

by dmc I guess you mean DCM (dichloromethane)?

You arent able to get the white crystals because DCM and IPA both pull too much impurities, even defatting. They are very "broad-range" solvents, as opposed to something like heptane/hexane/naphtha (without aromatics), which in this case would pull mostly dmt and little else.

Also neither DCM nor IPA will work for freeze-precipitation because dmt is too soluble in them even in freeze temperatures (same for limonene/xylene/toluene/etc). So you need a very non-polar solvent like naphtha for it to work. Maybe you should research more about how different solvents have different properties. Check the Nexus Wiki for a lot of info regarding that.

In any case (considering your IPA/DCM evaps clean) you can probably smoke that, it must be active and the plastic smell is most likely the typical dmt smell. When DMT burns, it tastes very harsh and wastes a lot of DMT (hence why some people complain and cant smoke it), but if you vaporize it properly, its very smooth, hardly tastes anything. For that you need something like a GlassVaporGenie and ideally a torch lighter. Its worth the purchase, but if you cant get that maybe infuse some herbs (or make changa) with that and smoke in a water bong (go easy on the lighter!)

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:09:18 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

DMT does NOT freeze precipitate out of DCM, simple as that. You shouldn't try to freeze-precipitate out of DCM.

And re-x from IPA? dmt is way too soluble in IPA to re-x.

And defatting with toluene is useless if you plan to pull with DCM. If you want to pull with dcm you also defat with DCM. (and if you want to pull with toluene you also defat with toluene, etc etc).

You need naphtha (or any aliphatic that comes handy) to re-x dmt out of all the crap dcm pulled, otherwise you should be happy with what you got, i.e. an oily stuff containing a full-spectrum of MHRB alkaloids plus sume plant fats/oils.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

eSINe69
#4 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:17:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes i mean dichloromethane, i put the letters wrong. OkaY if i buy naphta and diluted in there, then i can freeze-precipitation or i try another solvent like methanol for stead IPA to recrystalice it? Do you know what is best recrystalice cleaning? I hope i can clean that oily stuff in a clean nice crystals Smile
King of things

endlessness
#5 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:19:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

no methanol wont work.. as I said, best is hexane/heptane/naphtha

Infundibulum
#6 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:22:19 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

eSINe69 wrote:
Yes i mean dichloromethane, i put the letters wrong. OkaY if i buy naphta and diluted in there, then i can freeze-precipitation or i try another solvent like methanol for stead IPA to recrystalice it? Do you know what is best recrystalice cleaning? I hope i can clean that oily stuff in a clean nice crystals Smile

Just get all your freebases into dcm (if you hadn't done already) and evaporate dcm. Then get naphtha to re-x, you'll get crystals that way. Mixing naphtha with dcm is unnecessarily complicating the things and may have unforeseeable consequences.

Methanol is just as bad as IPA, worse actually.

eSINe69
#7 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:28:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys. I need that help... Do enybody know what that chalk like stuff is? if it´s somekind diluent or cutting agent?? but why it´s so small amount? If you want to cut MHRB i think somepody put the cutting agent much more than 1,5grams?

I got a vision of what maight it be.:idea: SOme kind of MAO´I. Seller it spice it up.Shocked I have clean harmaline and i taste it and they taste little bit similar. Or i found another chemical out of Mimosa? I try it´s a psycoactive some day. If i have courage Confused I hope nobody try to poison my purchases.Sad
King of things

Tangarine_Dreams
#8 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:47:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

isnt dmt hcl a nasty oil that often caused loss in yield cause it is hard to work with?

Shaolin
#9 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:50:20 PM

Stiletto Stoner

Infundibulum wrote:

And defatting with toluene is useless if you plan to pull with DCM. If you want to pull with dcm you also defat with DCM. (and if you want to pull with toluene you also defat with toluene, etc etc).

Do we know anything about different salts solubilities in DCM/toluene ? One doesn't want to defat and discard.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

eSINe69
#10 Posted : 12/1/2010 4:00:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT hcl Is nice clean crystals or powder like fumarate salt. I think in DMT extract are only fats are oily. NMT oxide is that another alkaloid have oily form in when it´s freebase i think. im not sure. DMT oxides and get moisture somewhere then can form oily substance. DMT and any salts and bases of it are solid if they are clean and pure.
King of things

endlessness
#11 Posted : 12/1/2010 4:50:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nope youre wrong eSINe69. Several dmt salts are very hygroscopic so they will be a goo. Do you speak from experience or in theory? Care to cite sources for the claims?

and why are you talking about 'cutting agent' in the mimosa, its probably just normal plant impurities that got pulled along

ucorky
#12 Posted : 12/1/2010 6:19:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Your pic shows that sandy stuff we've seen here too.
Any references to ingested drugs or substances are understood to be legally obtained, grown, or prescribed or may not exist at all. Ucorky is the name of a character in an upcoming book on ficticious dreamers. Any references of the above or by SWIM, SWAM, SWARM, Uncle Swimmie or SWIMICTIN are purely a matter of conjecture. To, TOO and TWO =2

eSINe69
#13 Posted : 12/1/2010 7:58:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
nope youre wrong eSINe69. Several dmt salts are very hygroscopic so they will be a goo. Do you speak from experience or in theory? Care to cite sources for the claims?

and why are you talking about 'cutting agent' in the mimosa, its probably just normal plant impurities that got pulled along

Im only can speak hcl, fumarate and freebase salt(NaOH) because im only have hold those in my hand. But my friend says basic salts etc. Acetate, hydrochloric salt,fumarate salt, Freebases are solid stuff. You are right about hydroscopic. If they suck moisture from air or what ever they will be goo! Even hcl and fumarate salt turning goo. But im only have study this in theory. And never read about liquid dmt form. My opinion is all are solid when they are prepared and keep in climate where aren´t any moisture. Im not sure for all salt. But why do dmt that are goey? Or Dmt salt. Can somebody tell me if there are salt form liquid or wax if they are make with no moisture and are sure for there are no moisture or any impurities. For infomational purposess. I want learn more.

AND that cutting agent was just a thrown from my head. Because i don´t know what that is. I never heard you can solified somelike that in a mimosa hostilis. Im only curious to know what that is??? Is there information what that might be? Maybe somebody throws some shit in there or just accident mixs something in it?!?! I buy it in a powder form for ebay so im little bit skeptic.
King of things

Infundibulum
#14 Posted : 12/1/2010 8:26:24 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

Shaolin wrote:
Infundibulum wrote:

Do we know anything about different salts solubilities in DCM/toluene ? One doesn't want to defat and discard.

yeah, salts are pretty much insoluble in dcm. Mineral salts as well as salts of alkaloids.

DCM may be able to carry away some dmt salts since a very minute amount of water dissolves in dcm. But that's all pretty much.

Infundibulum
#15 Posted : 12/1/2010 8:33:03 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

eSINe69 wrote:
Im only can speak hcl, fumarate and freebase salt(NaOH) because im only have hold those in my hand. But my friend says basic salts etc. Acetate, hydrochloric salt,fumarate salt, Freebases are solid stuff. You are right about hydroscopic. If they suck moisture from air or what ever they will be goo! Even hcl and fumarate salt turning goo. But im only have study this in theory. And never read about liquid dmt form. My opinion is all are solid when they are prepared and keep in climate where aren´t any moisture. Im not sure for all salt. But why do dmt that are goey? Or Dmt salt.

I've got problem with your definitions here, what is a freebase salt?

And what is a basic salt?

And what do you mean "freebases are solid stuff"? mescaline freebase is oil.

Fumarate salts can be gooey but as long as you dry them they stay dry and powdery. but hydrochloric, citrate, acetate, maleate, malate, tartrate salts are difficult to dry completely and they're almost impossible to know that. SWIM has played enough wht dmt salts in the past to know a lot.

eSINe69 wrote:
Can somebody tell me if there are salt form liquid or wax if they are make with no moisture and are sure for there are no moisture or any impurities. For infomational purposess. I want learn more.

Syntax issues here, it's hard to understand what you try to convey. Not everyone in this forum is native english speaker, please make this little extra effort to be understandable

eSINe69
#16 Posted : 12/1/2010 9:31:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you just what to fuck with me. why? I try explain my opinion. goes in deft ears.
I hope more than you undestand what i mean! sorry if so poor in my english. BUT I think people understand what i mean.
Don´t fuck the dot.

Infundibulum wrote:
I've got problem with your definitions here, what is a freebase salt?

I know freebase aren´t salt. Salt is form of any acid. Hydrochloric acid forms hydrochloric salt. Acetic acid forms acetate. citric acid forms citrate.

Infundibulum wrote:
And what is a basic salt?

Basic salt when you make dmt is Hcl and fumarate or acetate. Those are the usualy used dmt salts. I mean those.

Infundibulum wrote:
And what do you mean "freebases are solid stuff"? mescaline freebase is oil.

I mean DMT freebase is solid stuff. Why you mix mescaline in here now. i speak only now DMT!

Infundibulum wrote:
Fumarate salts can be gooey but as long as you dry them they stay dry and powdery. but hydrochloric, citrate, acetate, maleate, malate, tartrate salts are difficult to dry completely and they're almost impossible to know that. SWIM has played enough wht dmt salts in the past to know a lot.

Do you mean that is impossible dry those your mention dmt salts or they are liquid form anyway, how much you dry them. I try to make a poin there, If you have place and equipment to do dry product with out moisture and keep it out of moisture. I have seen perfect dry powder of hydrochloric,fumarate and acetate. Is It really impossible mission to have solids those mentioned salts, if you are hiteck chemist with knowledge and equipments. Or are some those salts liquid anyway with out moisture and impurities?

Infundibulum wrote:

Syntax issues here, it's hard to understand what you try to convey. Not everyone in this forum is native english speaker, please make this little extra effort to be understandable

I hope most of people understand what i mean. Somebody fuck the dot. I think. Or took too much some...Laughing

King of things

Infundibulum
#17 Posted : 12/2/2010 12:32:10 AM

ModeratorChemical expert

eSINe69 wrote:
I think you just what to fuck with me. why? I try explain my opinion. goes in deft ears.
I hope more than you undestand what i mean! sorry if so poor in my english. BUT I think people understand what i mean.

Puhu suomeksi sitten, en ma ymmarra mita sina sano englantiksi.

eSINe69
#18 Posted : 12/3/2010 2:42:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ikävä juttu kun yritin kirjoittaa et kaikki ymmärtäisi.
Yritin sanoa mielipiteeni asiasta. Eli DMT suolat ja emäs ovat kuivia ja kiinteitä muotoja jos ne on oikein valmistettu ja joku ammatillinen korkealuokan kemisti valmistaa sen. Eli ilman kosteutta, epäpuhtauksia ja säilytetty kuivassa.Niin muoto on kiinteä, jauho tai kide. Monet suolat ovat paljon herkempiä kosteudelle kun toiset, mutta kaikista tulee kuitenkin nestemäistä tai vahamaista(mössöä.) jos saa liikaa kosteutta. Sitten halusin tietää että jos joku oikeasti pystyy todistaa että dmt joku muoto on pelkästään nestemäistä, niin haluaisin tietää mikä sellainen dmt on. Eli ilman kosteutta ja epäpuhtauksia olisi neste??? EN ole kuullut koskaan sellaisesta dmt.stä joka ei olisi kiinteä muoto. Itse olen pitänyt kädessä emäs(freebase) ja suolahapon, fumaraatin ja asetaatin dmt suoloja ne kaikki ovat olleet täysin kiinteitä ja kuivia ilman mitään ylimääräistä nestettä.
Luulin että yritit vittuilla minulle. Meinaan tuntuu et joka foorumilla on joku joka yrittää vääntää tahalteen jotain paskaa ihan vaan kiusaksi.
Toivottavasti tämä selvitti asian. kiitoksia vastauksistasi.
Kysy pois jos on vielä kysyttävää.
King of things

dmt005
#19 Posted : 12/4/2010 2:29:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have not yet read through any of the posts in response to this thread but I dont believe that your spice will freeze precip out of DCM .

Ljosalfar
#20 Posted : 2/6/2011 10:43:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have patience, read the FAQ, review the tek and the threads at your leisure... there's LOTS of knowledge here on the Nexus.
No one here wants to play games or fuck with you. You asked for help - and some wise folks gave it. Work together to solve problems and this can be a very supportive place.
Best of luck,
L
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman

12NEXT