We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
A way to naturally increase endogenous DMT? Options

Swarupa
#1 Posted : 12/1/2010 11:55:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Seeing as DMT is produced in our lungs in a notable quantity this could mean that ancient breathing exercises like Pranayama could naturally control/elevate the levels of DMT in the body, i think it's really interesting that it's the lungs that produce a lot of DMT as any mind control/meditation automatically leads to breathe control, vice versa, so either of these (mind/breath control) could then influence endogenous DMT levels.

Perhaps it could also be retention of breathe that releases DMT, Yogi's have practiced this alongside regulation of breath, so it could be when your breathing stops, inbetween the in/out or out/in breathe, that the lungs release DMT, which would make sense considering DMT being related to the death experience (where the breath/life force leaves the body), when we dream or enter deep sleep our breathe also becomes very regulated.

I often get the 'breathe of fire' on DMT where my breathing becomes rhythmic & deep as if the body is trying to keep up with all this DMT rushing through the system, i've also had the opposite where the breathe almost totally stops. I know when i control my mind through a mental meditation (which automatically regulates the breath) i can mimmick the DMT experience quite closely & at times re-access my trips, sometimes in more detail than the actual trip itself.

This all leaves me convinced there are ways of learning how to release higher doses of endogenous DMT.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Limeni
#2 Posted : 12/1/2010 12:25:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I didn't know that about the lungs - that's really interesting, you could be onto something there.

I know that when I swim (i.e. 's-w-i-m' Confused ) underwater for 30m I start to enter a completely different headspace.

I should maybe try 60m Cool

Liméni

Eluna
#3 Posted : 12/1/2010 12:38:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

limeni i think you would be better off attempting an isolation tank Smile

Malaclypse
#4 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:28:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When I read that DMT is, or could possibly be, produced by the lungs (can't remember where), I definitely thought that that COULD explain some of the links to altered states during meditation via pranayama. Currently we don't know as no tests have been conducted. However it seems like that might be an easy test to perform in future DMT studies. Certainly a lot easier than trying to prove some link between DMT being released at death Razz

I think it certainly merits some study for those interested in how endogenous DMT might spike without the use of outside substances. I would wonder if it does get released just how much is it, for certainly there is great benefit to pranayama but people are rarely, if ever, propelled to states as crazy as a smoked DMT. If we were to test on great adapts of it perhaps with the tools we could understand how to really improve the practice for others as in what types of breath patterns produce more DMT, and how long the pattern must be kept, and does it fluctuate up and down if things change etc etc. Could be a great merging of Science and meditation.

Then again there could be no conclusive evidence from the study at all, or perhaps the practice has nothing to do with DMT but does have something to do with other neurotransmitters and could still be useful.

SnozzleBerry
#5 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:31:35 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Chronic wrote:
Seeing as DMT is produced in our lungs in a notable quantity...

Sources? please?
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

Tangarine_Dreams
#6 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:36:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

why would i want to be schizophrenic?

Sally
#7 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:47:13 PM

I do not have the vocabulary to articulate this particular musing at the current time...

Chronic wrote:
Seeing as DMT is produced in our lungs in a notable quantity

No one is actually sure of the levels of endogenous DMT present in the human system. Studies that have tested endogenous levels failed to consider the possibility of MAO fluctuations occurring amongst different participants. We cannot be sure of the actual amounts unless future study participants are carefully selected and subjected to a controlled environment.

Sally
xx

เฅ . Amateur Entheogen Botanist. PM me if you need help in finding or identifying plants. For research purposes only . เฅ

เฅ bwrrrr bWWrrr bhrrrr bHWRRR เฅ

. Pure Universal Pulse Vibrations . Saloreo Nebulum .

Swarupa
#8 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:54:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Chronic wrote:
Seeing as DMT is produced in our lungs in a notable quantity...

Sources? please?

I've read in a quite a few places that DMT has been proven to exist in human blood, lung tissue, cerebrospinal fluid & as a product of metabolism.

Amoung the places i read this one was Dr Strassmans book

Having a quick search through the PDF:

Quote:
Did DMT exist in the human body? It seemed likely, because scientists
had discovered DMT-forming enzymes in samples of human lung
tissue while searching for those same enzymes in other animals

Quote:
Lung, liver, blood, eye, and brain all possess the appropriate raw materials
for DMT production. In fact, for some years researchers jokingly referred
to schizophrenia as a lung disease because of the high concentrations of
DMT-forming enzymes within the lung!

Maybe it's just 'DMT forming enzymes' in the lung, but i'm sure i read somewhere else that DMT is produced in the lungs in a higher concentration than anywhere else currently known in the human body, although that could just be potential creation of DMT not actual DMT found there...?

Sally
#9 Posted : 12/1/2010 4:01:57 PM

I do not have the vocabulary to articulate this particular musing at the current time...

Quote:
Did DMT exist in the human body? It seemed likely, because scientists
had discovered DMT-forming enzymes in samples of human lung
tissue while searching for those same enzymes in other animals

Strassman merely speculates this, there is no hard evidence to back up these claims yet.
เฅ . Amateur Entheogen Botanist. PM me if you need help in finding or identifying plants. For research purposes only . เฅ

EquaL Observer
#10 Posted : 12/1/2010 4:51:59 PM

Ross

I find that DMT makes breathing feel very energetic. I only want to know when the speculation will end and when research will be carried out. Is the strongest psychedelic compound in the world occurring naturally in the human body not an interesting enough field of study for science? You'd think we'd be vigorously trying to map out human chemistry... and everything related to humans for that matter.
Your depth is your integrity

Bancopuma
#11 Posted : 12/1/2010 4:54:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This may be of interest to some...

http://forums.ayahuasca....opic.php?f=16&t=9661

ubu
#12 Posted : 12/1/2010 5:27:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Correct me if I am wrong but specifically about DMT and the human body endogenous means that scientists found DMT inside the human body, nothing else.

As far I know questions like Who or what produces DMT? and Is DMT produced inside our body? remains unanswered.
You have to be in Hell to see Heaven - W. Burroughs

Ubu is a surreal personage. Everything he does is pure fiction. Everything he says is pure nonsense.

MelCat
#13 Posted : 12/1/2010 5:34:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know how valid this guy is, but he brings up some interesting points.

I tried to find some more information about Macuna Prurien that he mentions but I haven't found anything backing up his statements about it containing three different kinds of DMT yet.

If he's right, it definitely seems like something worth checking into.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Sally
#14 Posted : 12/1/2010 5:38:23 PM

ubu wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong but specifically about DMT and the human body endogenous means that scientists found DMT inside the human body, nothing else.

As far I know questions like Who or what produces DMT? and Is DMT produced inside our body? remains unanswered.

DMT is produced endogenously, we do know how its made but we are unsure of exactly where, why or (on average) how much. (Barker, Monti & Christian, 'N,N-dimethyltryptamine: An Endogenous Hallucinogen'Pleased

'endogenous' means 'made within', used in reference to the human body.

Swarupa
#15 Posted : 12/1/2010 6:15:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sally wrote:

DMT is produced endogenously, we do know how its made but we are unsure of exactly where, why or (on average) how much.

So we know it is in our body, but not where it originates from within the body?

SnozzleBerry
#16 Posted : 12/1/2010 6:57:08 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Chronic wrote:
So we know it is in our body, but not where it originates from within the body?

Or the purpose for which/quantities in which it is biosynthesized.
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

pau
#17 Posted : 12/1/2010 8:13:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some years ago , just a few weeks after I learned about mediation and pranayama breathing exercises, I was practicing pranayama for a few minutes before I went to bed. At the same time I was attempting to quiet my mind (which I believe is easier to do while doing pranayama).

I broke through, with infinite power...I lost all sense of body, and my consciousness expanded in a fraction of a second to fill and become the entire universe ... I "felt" there was nothing I could not know or see about the past present and future of everything. There had not been any psychadelics in my system for a year. Yeah, the speck of "I" that was rapidly disappearing during this event got freaked out and decided with great effort to switch the experience off before the "I" was gone for good. But the same thing happened the following night. (both times, before the blastoff, there was a period of maybe half a minute where everything around me, including empty space, seemed like it was made of sparkling blue dots).

I have not broken through with spice or any other entheogens yet, but many of the reports here sound awfully similar. So yeah, I believe that pranayama is connected with endogenous dmt production. I also believe if you go down this road, your own karma will determine what you go through and how "far" you can get ... no scientist will even invent a pill that will just like that take you into instant buddhahood or enlightenment or whatever you want to call it. For that I believe you need some kind of guidance (even if it is completely internal), or else you'll probably go mad or die. IMHO, of course, what the hell do I know?!?!

I recall reading that Dr Strassman is working on tests that will measure the tiny amounts of dmt in people's bodies. I think that this would be a very big deal!
WHOA!

fidget
#18 Posted : 12/2/2010 12:12:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

EquaL Observer wrote:
I find that DMT makes breathing feel very energetic.

I know someone, who upon their first ever encounter with changa, after exhaling and then taking fresh air again, said it was like Breathing For The First Time.

Cool :idea:
All of my posts are generated by CrapChatBot_V2.012a. No real parson is associated with any of the content which may be spontaneously created.

jamie
#19 Posted : 12/2/2010 2:18:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

pau wrote:
Some years ago , just a few weeks after I learned about mediation and pranayama breathing exercises, I was practicing pranayama for a few minutes before I went to bed. At the same time I was attempting to quiet my mind (which I believe is easier to do while doing pranayama).

I broke through, with infinite power...I lost all sense of body, and my consciousness expanded in a fraction of a second to fill and become the entire universe ... I "felt" there was nothing I could not know or see about the past present and future of everything. There had not been any psychadelics in my system for a year. Yeah, the speck of "I" that was rapidly disappearing during this event got freaked out and decided with great effort to switch the experience off before the "I" was gone for good. But the same thing happened the following night. (both times, before the blastoff, there was a period of maybe half a minute where everything around me, including empty space, seemed like it was made of sparkling blue dots).

I have not broken through with spice or any other entheogens yet, but many of the reports here sound awfully similar. So yeah, I believe that pranayama is connected with endogenous dmt production. I also believe if you go down this road, your own karma will determine what you go through and how "far" you can get ... no scientist will even invent a pill that will just like that take you into instant buddhahood or enlightenment or whatever you want to call it. For that I believe you need some kind of guidance (even if it is completely internal), or else you'll probably go mad or die. IMHO, of course, what the hell do I know?!?!

I recall reading that Dr Strassman is working on tests that will measure the tiny amounts of dmt in people's bodies. I think that this would be a very big deal!

I have had those sort of experiences as well..many times. It always seems to happen late at night after I have slept for at least an hour or 2..I will wake up in my bed, in the dark, into a state resembling an extremely clear and vivid ayahuasca peak..I can see the grids and everything. On a few occasions I then started to expand and leave my body and enter the lives of other, seemingly random people. I lived through them, and was them. I had no idea who these people were. At times i would reabsorb into this thing that was like a net of energy, connecting all of us..then I would focus in on some other soul making up this net and enter into them and have the experience of being them..it is really really strange. I wish I knew what neurotransmitters are playing a role here, but I would suspect melatonin, pinoline and 5meo DMT at least, prob alongside a bunch of others..to bad I cant do it at will.

I also had one other experience where I was taken abord a ship by a race of humans from another world. All I can think of is that I had lots of cacao that day. I fell asleap late at night on my couch, and the next thing I know I am leaving my body and boarding this ship with these beings. They were very kind to me and took me way off into another galaxy..where exactly I cant recall. They were explaining to me all this complex stuff about how they were once connected to us, like we came from the same world. Long ago there was some event or something, Im not sure really, but it split us and now they live off in this other galaxy, or maybe it was another dimension..but the showed me how our worlds are somehow comming back together..they are far far more advanced technologically than we are, and also have tremendous shamanic technologies..they said the mayans and other cultures had ways of communicating with them. They are like our brothers and sisters from the past and care greatly about us and want us to thrive and save our world as they have done. They're world is like an eden now, as they were able to develope sustainable technologies that worked parallell to the natural environment, as opposed to against it. Alot went on that I couldnt recall when I got back..they brough me back to my sleeping body and I snapped up on my couch in the dark, awake. I sat there for about a good hour just freaking blown away. It was sooooooo real..unlike normal dreams I have..

There are definatily some weird neurotransmitters released at certain times at night..what conditions facilitate them etc I am not sure..

BTW..I was really into astral projection, lucid dreaming and meditation way before I tried any psychedelic because my mother had all these books on this stuff..she used to talk to me and show me these robert monroe books all the time..maybe that plays some role..I have always had natural sleep paralysis, projection and lucid dreams..and still do to this day.
Long live the unwoke.

blue_velvet
#20 Posted : 12/2/2010 5:25:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^^^
I had a dream that the Great Pyramids of Giza were built under water to ease the weight load of the blocks. I don't know how accurate that can possibly be, but I had never thought of that in my waking reality. I woke up thinking "Yeah, that kinda makes sense."

12NEXT