We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Is DMT Scary? Options

gibran2
#21 Posted : 11/30/2010 10:40:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

CanadianResistance wrote:
Well do the entities love you?

Some most definitely do. Some are coldly indifferent. A DMT experience is so much more than just entity contact.

One of my most difficult experiences involved the “coldly indifferent” variety of entities revealing to me something about the nature of reality that I wasn’t at all prepared to know. (Thankfully, I have no memory of what they showed me, but unfortunately I have vivid memories of how I felt.)

My best experiences really didn’t involve love as the primary state. There was deep tranquility and eternal peace. A merging. A communion. It was loving, but much more.

Even some wonderful experiences can be a bit frightening: Once I saw an entity that was more beautiful than anything I had ever seen – beautiful beyond imagining. So beautiful that I felt as if I was being consumed by the beauty. I became very afraid that I might die if I continued to look at the entity, so I looked away. Fear and beauty together.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

BananaForeskin
#22 Posted : 12/1/2010 12:34:31 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

In my experience, the scary trips are the ones where you feel you are going insane. In that sense yes, DMT can be very scary. You are letting something extremely powerful into your brain which, if it so chose, could cut you off from physical reality...
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

universecannon
#23 Posted : 12/1/2010 2:38:10 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

It pushes every emotion to the extremes in my opinion. Some of the most scary, loving, terrible, beautiful, and ridiculous experiences of my life have been through this molecule. For me the bad trips usually stem from resistance- which can lead to confusion and fear.. It can be hard to just completely let go, surrender, and dissolve your self at times..but that's usually all that's necessary. Adding some harmalas, or a low changa dose, before the full-on plunge into oblivion really helps to take that edge off my ego-armor- loosening its cling to the known.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

corpus callosum
#24 Posted : 12/1/2010 4:01:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Undoubtedly, the DMT experience can terrify but it seems to me that this is more often than not a consequence of imperfect mind-set and/or setting. You need to be truly honest with yourself before partaking for this stuff is not like an opiate which will make you feel 'better'; if there lurks any worries in your psyche which may simply reside in the back of ones mind these will surface and become amplified.

I also think that fear can stem from the extreme and rapid nature of the trip leading one to fear that ones mind will fail to emerge from the experience intact.

Our minds on DMT are like mercury- if you drop a globule of it into a glass container it will shatter into a myriad of droplets but inevitably it will coalesce back to its original state, united, whole and together once more.Believe this with the depth of intent it deserves and you wont go too far wrong.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

PREV12