We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
what does an original orange sunshine look like? Options

shoe
#1 Posted : 11/30/2010 6:04:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

we've all seen the remake hosted on erowid,
but what does the original orange sunshine tab look like?

And if one had the opportunity to eat ALD-52 instead of LSD-25, Would it be much different?
Purer, cleaner, less tiring on the body, more enjoyable?
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ellis D'Empty
#2 Posted : 12/1/2010 2:34:11 AM

Snirfneblin

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure the 'original orange sunshine' tab was just a orange tab? Maybe the actual sheet looked like a sunrise, but I'm not sure.
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

trancepants
#3 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:01:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ALD-52 is more 'jittery', for lack of a better word, for SWIM. Visionary journeys become damn near impossible. Not preferable to LSD-25.
I can create anything with my mind. Including fiction, which this is.

shoe
#4 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:03:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

trancepants wrote:
ALD-52 is more 'jittery', for lack of a better word, for SWIM. Visionary journeys become damn near impossible. Not preferable to LSD-25.

That is interesting to know. Thanks, trancepants. I am just wondering what all the hype about the orange sunshine was about then. Is it only from fear and loathing in las vegas? Why was it said to have a special karma? It's interesting from a legal point of view, with the isomerisation of ALD-52 to LSD-25.... But there must be more info to be had.

Any other reports?
shoe

StrangeLoop
#5 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:15:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

According to Wikipedia, Orange Sunshine was not ALD-52 but in fact strong LSD (300 micrograms a dose!) and was distributed as an orange tablet, before the days of blotter paper. Tim Scully claimed it was ALD-52 they had been making in the lab when they were on trial several years later, but I don't know if there's any way to tell if he was telling the truth then, or if maybe they made a lot of ALD-52 in addition to the Orange Sunshine LSD.

Ellis D'Empty
#6 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:21:00 AM

Snirfneblin

I'm sure it has something to do with legal issues with the ALD-52. Just like Pickard and MDA/MDMA.

It probably started off as LSD, then as it got bigger was decided to make a 'legal' version of LSD. Which it was then changed to.

Of course they could have just made the ALD-52 to throw off their scent Pleased Who knows anymore?
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

shoe
#7 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:48:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyway, I've got to try some.

I think you're right about the original orange sunshine being orange tabs or orange tablets. But Its annoying that we don't actually KNOW for sure.
shoe

Shaolin
#8 Posted : 12/1/2010 8:12:03 AM

Stiletto Stoner

Owsley Stanley (Tim Scully's guru) said that " No-one has ever made ALD-52 except Hoffman. It has to be made from pure LSD at a yield of only 50% and turns into LSD the minute it is dissolved in water- only a complete moron would even try it, and the apparatus required is special"

As for sunshine
"Prior to Sunshine a few hundred yellow tabs were made up with a little STP added to the acid, but that chemical was deemed to be no good even mixed, and all the subsequent (orange) pills were just acid. I did not follow this too closely as I was under indictment at the time and did not need any further trouble".

Source: Personal communication (2005) and posted on Shroomery, 2005.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

Nature Boy
#9 Posted : 12/1/2010 12:55:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OK...I have to chime in here. I acquired some Orange Sunshine in 1971 - the absolute real deal. A year or two ago I reported fully on the consequences of that experience over at the Shroomery, so you can search for it there. I haven't the time to recount it here a second time at the moment. Suffice it to say the last things I remember were the grass singing, seeking refuge in the back seat of my dad's car (I had driven to a park and dropped on the way) and the overhead branches of trees bending down towards me as I lay looking up through the back window of the car.

Hours later I walked up to a complete strangers house (middle of the night) and handed them my wallet, asking them who I was, and could they please help me get home? Not surprisingly, the police and a trip to an emergency room were involved, as was months of subsequent "home arrest" by non-drug taking parents. That's enough to give you a taste of what happened. About 3-4 months later (after analysis, I guess) I was arrested for possession of LSD - handcuffed in my bed in my underwear - but since the other 9 tabs I had in the car went from the cop to my dad to the ER doc and back to the cops, the chain of evidence was busted, and without a case and at age 17, I was given a "youthful offender, unconditional discharge", and no arrest record.

Edit: Oh...and the tabs looked just like the eraser on a pencil (maybe 20% smaller in all dimensions) and they were a beautiful shade of medium pale orange.

N.B.

Shaolin
#10 Posted : 12/1/2010 1:24:31 PM

Stiletto Stoner

^^ Grandpa Very happy On that note, does the letters DF mean anything to you ? I have a feeling I've read you before somewhere else.

I got data of Sunshine being ~300 mcg but I'm out of a source. I think it was from one of the law enforcement publications.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

Simon Jester wrote:

Malaclypse
#11 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:40:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shaolin wrote:
^^ Grandpa Very happy On that note, does the letters DF mean anything to you ? I have a feeling I've read you before somewhere else.

I got data of Sunshine being ~300 mcg but I'm out of a source. I think it was from one of the law enforcement publications.

I remember Nick Sand specifically saying that it was 300 mcg per dose in a recent interview I heard with him in a podcast. I think I would trust him on that unless his memory is failing him Razz

In college in the mid to late nineties me and a friend got what was called "Orange Sunshine". It was a small pillish looking thing that was orange. Could fit in NB's description, but it seems a bit of a stretch since it was so long after the original batch. Could easily have just been some other random thing just named that way to impress people. Maybe some were kept or when Sand was producing in Canada he created round 2, no clue. I had no idea at the time about the history of it. I don't remember anything specifically about that trip. Well I mean I am sure I remember the whole thing pretty well, I just don't remember which time it was the orange sunshine as it was a long time ago and I can't remember which experience it was based on which tabs etc for the most part.

Shaolin
#12 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:43:16 PM

Stiletto Stoner

Malaclypse wrote:

I remember Nick Sand specifically saying that it was 300 mcg per dose in a recent interview I heard with him in a podcast. I think I would trust him on that unless his memory is failing him Razz

Hook a brother up ?
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:

Simon Jester wrote:

Malaclypse
#13 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:48:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd have to re-listen to find out for sure but it is probably either

Podcast 32 from the Podcast "In A Perfect World"

http://in-a-perfect-world.podomatic.com/

Or one of the Podcasts from "The Psychedelic Salon"

http://www.matrixmasters.net/salon/

Looks like ones with Sand are:

172 (don't think it is this one I remember it being just Sand and this is a panel)
48 (probably not this one as it is sound bites from many people)

I am at home and I might have some other Podcasts I am not subscribed to at work that it could also be on, but I seem to think it is the first one I listed.

Shaolin
#14 Posted : 12/1/2010 3:58:30 PM

Stiletto Stoner

Quick question. Does he talk anywhere about his (two) upcoming book(s) ? Da internetz so far have been real shady about any concrete info but the descriptions of both make me drool. Just a lil' bit.

1. Psychedelic Secrets - thoughts on the best approaches for trippers to take when exploring their minds
2. No name - guidebook containing his production syntheses techniques for popular psychedelics.

Source: Erowid Character Vaults - Nick Sand - Extended Biography
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:

Simon Jester wrote:

Malaclypse
#15 Posted : 12/1/2010 4:03:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't remember him talking about his new books so I'd guess either it was only briefly if at all. Most of those podcasts are from 2009 or earlier.

Regardless all that I listened to were very interesting stuff. Hearing him talk about Synthesis and how it was a spiritual calling to him, getting it as pure as possible etc was really fascinating. I actually don't think I listened to all the Psychedelic salon ones so I might still have some to look forward to.

shoe
#16 Posted : 12/1/2010 5:33:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't find any books by Nick Sand, but thanks for the podcasts. it's amazing to think that at some point, somone did have to discover that DMT could be smoked as the freebase.

Wikipedia says that nicholas also produced a more potent isomer of LSD: This stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/...rgic_acid_sec-butylamide

As for my comments on orange sunshine? well, 300ug is a pretty hefty dose. Im not surprised you asked somone else who you were, NatureBoy. Thanks for the report.
Also, STP.... DOM. This stuff is shrouded by mystery for me, and I would like to try it also. It is on my list.
shoe

Nature Boy
#17 Posted : 12/1/2010 10:57:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shaolin wrote:
^^ Grandpa Very happy

Young whippersnapper! Laughing

Quote:
On that note, does the letters DF mean anything to you ? I have a feeling I've read you before somewhere else.

Sorry, no. I use Nature Boy over at the Shroomery, too.

Quote:

I've never seen the value in trying to estimate the number of micrograms in LSD. Other drugs...maybe, but with acid so many things conspire to make it a guessing game as to how many mcg actually survive to be ingested. Too many variables in how it is laid or droppered, how it was stored, at what temperature and for how long after manufacture, etc., etc. More important is how heavy it hits you and how soon the onset.

With the Orange Sunshine cited above, it was swallowed whole in the car with no water (hey, in those days there were no water bottles or cup holders in cars - only a "Thermos bottle" for carrying liquids). It stuck in my esophagus for a few minutes due to no water, and I think this phenomena actually enhanced the absorption and prevented destruction of the molecules in the acidic environment of my stomach, so I really got rocked!!! Onset was CERTAIN (no guessing about the effects!) in 20 minutes. Unfortunately, I have a fair amount of amnesia for many hours worth of the trip. I can recall intermittent vingnettes, scenes, and experiences. Someday I'll write the whole sorry story down in full in one place, FWIW.

N.B.

rumplestiltskin
#18 Posted : 12/1/2010 11:17:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^
Please do. I love hearing stories about what real acid was like back in the day. I dosed many times in high school and I'm only sure I got the real deal a couple of times.
Good morning.... good afternoon.... goodnight,
what have you done with your life?
Everybody's time come to be embraced by the light,
you're only scared to die when you're not living right.

cker
#19 Posted : 12/3/2010 12:16:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM found (what was called) orange sunshine once at a music festival the Dead were playing in 1969. They were small very, very orange tabs. Those tabs were so orange, they looked like they were glowing. They were also very strong. Even half a tab was a powerful trip. It seems believable they were 300ug doses. SWIM ate 1.5 tabs not knowing what he was dealing with. The result was some clear, beautiful and life changing tripping for the next day and a half. It was luck to be with good friends in a safe place.

Blotter didn't really exist in the 60's. SWIM first saw blotter in the early 70's and it was in the form of sheets of colored construction paper with actual blobs of LSD 'eye droppered' onto the paper. The perforated artsy blotter seen today came much later following the vegitarian rebellion of the gelatin based windowpanes.

Really heavy doses caused some problems back then and it seems better that doses are lower now. With those strong tabbed doses, you really had to worry about who you shared with since a 300ug LSD dose can cause a boatload of long lived anxiety for any poor soul who tries to fight it.

...sharing a bit...cker