We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
caapi tea taste Options

LawnMan
#1 Posted : 11/30/2010 4:45:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How does caapi tea taste compared to san pedro tea. Getting ready to try my first caapi only brew.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Once
#2 Posted : 11/30/2010 2:22:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Less bitter and more earthy. My San Pedro tea tastes like rusty/bloody ocean water. Caapi for me tasted not so bad at first, but after a few purges it seems to trigger a gag reflex. In my opinion the foul tastes of these brews should in no way dissuade you from partaking. I think both experiences are worth every chug, burp, and puke. Sometimes a little OJ chaser doesnt hurt either...

Enjoy!
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

olympus mon
#3 Posted : 12/1/2010 5:41:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

reduce reduce reduce!!! down to a shot glass. then one quick swig chase it with ice coffee and its quite easy and nothing to fret about. the acidity of coffee perfectly masks the taste. in a way they are similar tasting, both very bitter.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Xt
#4 Posted : 12/1/2010 5:50:31 PM

I can safely say Caapi only brews taste a whole bunch better then a caapi:chacruna brew. A WHOLE BUNCH.
Still as Olympus Mon says, reduce it down to a small shots worth, but pay attention here... Reduce it slowly!

As you are reducing, any sediment/sugars/planty nonsense whatever stay in the brew as the amount of water diminishes. If you reduce the brew too fast, these sugars can caramelize. This results in a brew with a thicker consistency then normal but more importantly, a terribly bitter taste.

A well prepared brew will flow like water.
Take your time, you will be rewarded.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

jamie
#5 Posted : 12/1/2010 6:04:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

pedro is worse than caapi for me..caapi I dont mind. It's grown on me.
Long live the unwoke.

LawnMan
#6 Posted : 12/1/2010 10:47:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

reduced 100g yellow down to about a couple shots worth over several hours. it'll keep in the fridge for awhile, right?

and i'm glad to hear it don't taste as bad as the pedro tea, I cant do the pedro tea no more taste as bad going down as coming up.

found the answer for storage

Agave
#7 Posted : 12/3/2010 2:08:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just made my first caapi only brew last night and maybe I did something wrong, but I was kind of shocked that it didn't taste bad at all. Kind of like a real strong cup of cappucino, bittersweet with a hint of chocolate.
As Within, So Without.

olympus mon
#8 Posted : 12/3/2010 5:28:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Agave wrote:
Just made my first caapi only brew last night and maybe I did something wrong, but I was kind of shocked that it didn't taste bad at all. Kind of like a real strong cup of cappucino, bittersweet with a hint of chocolate.

no that sounds right. people can be real powder puffs when describing the taste of caapi. its not that bad. like you said just bitter like coffee. when you add certain addy's it gets much worse but caapi alone isnt anything to frown about.Very happy
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

gibran2
#9 Posted : 12/3/2010 10:01:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

olympus mon wrote:
Agave wrote:

no that sounds right. people can be real powder puffs when describing the taste of caapi. its not that bad. like you said just bitter like coffee. when you add certain addy's it gets much worse but caapi alone isnt anything to frown about.Very happy

Just don’t use fumaric acid if you acidify your brew – it makes a very unpleasantly sour (and bitter) brew.

I suppose the level of bitterness says something about the quantity of alkaloids in the brew – more bitterness = more alkaloids?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.