We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What to use as a mixing jar? Options

journeyman
#1 Posted : 11/30/2010 3:03:10 AM

Tyler

I am using Nomans tek and currently use 1/2 gallon mason jars to mix everything in, and then i pull the naptha off with a pipette.
This works well for small 50-75 gram runs, but i was wondering what everyone is using to do big runs that i hear of, like 200-400 gram runs?

Also, if you have any tips on pulling the naptha layer off it would be much appreciated, i have been looking into a separatory funnel, but feel that the mimosa gunk would get stuck to the glass of the funnel, giving me a much dirtier pull than i get with my pipette (perfectly clean). The pipette works great, but i feel that i am losing more dmt than i would like to.

Another last question, after you have pulled all the dmt out of the mimosa/lye/water, what do you do with the mimosa/lye/water concoction? I know you can pull out jungle spice, but i really don't know if ive got the guts. I have been saving it in empty liquor bottles i got from some friends, but am running out of space ha Smile

Thanks for any help

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Opiyum
#2 Posted : 11/30/2010 4:05:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gallon milk jugs are nice because you can fit a lot of material in and you can squeeze the side of the container pushing the contents to the very top of the milk jug where it is very narrow. Naptha can then easily be recovered..

Ellis D'Empty
#3 Posted : 11/30/2010 5:42:23 AM

Snirfneblin

journeyman wrote:
I am using Nomans tek and currently use 1/2 gallon mason jars to mix everything in, and then i pull the naptha off with a pipette.
This works well for small 50-75 gram runs, but i was wondering what everyone is using to do big runs that i hear of, like 200-400 gram runs?

As stated a milk jug, or other HPDE (I think thats the one) container.

Also, if you have any tips on pulling the naptha layer off it would be much appreciated, i have been looking into a separatory funnel, but feel that the mimosa gunk would get stuck to the glass of the funnel, giving me a much dirtier pull than i get with my pipette (perfectly clean). The pipette works great, but i feel that i am losing more dmt than i would like to.

A twist cap bottle with the bottom cut off works wonders as a sep. funnel.

Another last question, after you have pulled all the dmt out of the mimosa/lye/water, what do you do with the mimosa/lye/water concoction? I know you can pull out jungle spice, but i really don't know if ive got the guts. I have been saving it in empty liquor bottles i got from some friends, but am running out of space ha Smile

Well what do you want to do with it? You can just dump it down your drain (provided you used powdered MHRB. As lye is a drain cleaner, it will actually help them. You can also just throw it outside I guess.Rolling eyes

Thanks for any help

01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

journeyman
#4 Posted : 11/30/2010 7:51:38 AM

Tyler

Kevyn The Khem wrote:

As stated a milk jug, or other HPDE (I think thats the one) container.

A twist cap bottle with the bottom cut off works wonders as a sep. funnel.

Well what do you want to do with it? You can just dump it down your drain (provided you used powdered MHRB. As lye is a drain cleaner, it will actually help them. You can also just throw it outside I guess.Rolling eyes

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me, I didn't want to use plastic, as i didn't want the lye or naptha to eat away at it. Plus, its plastic, and... its plastic....
But thinking of jugs, i just thought of something.

I would like to use glass, so a glass container would be proper. If i use a gallon or larger wine jug, could i add water to it to make the naptha rise closer to the top where it narrows? would adding extra water be bad in any way?

I just don't like the sound of plastic + corrosive materials being used to extract sacred spice. Confused

And i was just curious what people do with their remains, wondering if its a pollution risk to dump it outside or down the drain, especially containing a small layer of naptha.

Everyone else though, do you think plastic is ok? just makes me very weary.

thanks

Ellis D'Empty
#5 Posted : 11/30/2010 12:13:59 PM

Snirfneblin

Well, about the plastic jug, a lot of people use it. As long as it HPDE (Again I THINK thats the term), IE: A milk jug (usually best because of its translucency) it will be fine. Although while adding the lye to the water inside the milk jug, make sure to add it slowly and let it dissolve. Adding to much at once will make the sides soft (Don't know exactly what that means, but I imagine it can't be the best). When "scraping" the crystals just don't use a blade and you'll be fine.

Personally I use glass, as I haven't done a "big extraction". However, as soon as I get more MHRB you bet your ass I'm going to use milk jugs Razz Got 2 of them all ready.

Lye is a drain cleaner, and mhrb is just plant material. You would be fine dumping it down the drain. Also the "little bit of naphtha" I doubt makes any difference, or if so, not much at all. If you dump it outside, it would just evaporate.
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

journeyman
#6 Posted : 11/30/2010 7:14:47 PM

Tyler

Glass is just so much better though..... especially with the whole "sides getting soft, that just sounds terrible, I really would rather not have plastic particles that are taken off by the lye in something i am smoking, that just sounds ghastly.

But,

Do you think it would negatively affect quality or quantity of product to add alot more water once the first fun of lye is in the jug, enough water to bring the lye to the top where there is a smaller diameter?

I found a nice 3 gallon glass carboy used for fermenting wine that i would just love to use, but would need to add alot of water to get the naptha where i want it for being easy to remove with a pipette.
journeyman attached the following image(s):
carboy.jpg (51kb) downloaded 94 time(s).

justine
#7 Posted : 11/30/2010 10:51:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

journeyman wrote:
Glass is just so much better though..... especially with the whole "sides getting soft, that just sounds terrible, I really would rather not have plastic particles that are taken off by the lye in something i am smoking, that just sounds ghastly.

But,

Do you think it would negatively affect quality or quantity of product to add alot more water once the first fun of lye is in the jug, enough water to bring the lye to the top where there is a smaller diameter?

I found a nice 3 gallon glass carboy used for fermenting wine that i would just love to use, but would need to add alot of water to get the naptha where i want it for being easy to remove with a pipette.

As long as the ph is above 12 you should be fine. As for the 3 gallon jug, if you want to extract 1.5kg at a time go with it but it will be very heavy and unpractical for pulling.
I use a jéroboam (3l) champagne bottle to extract 250g at a time so you could probably extract 400g at a time with one of these one gallon wine bottle you find in the us, do you
really need more than that ?
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

geeg30
#8 Posted : 12/1/2010 12:09:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

HDPE plastic jugs are perfectly fine to use and a very stable at high pH - I've got old extractions from months ago still in the HDPE jug with no degradation, the lids on the other hand tend to melt and crack as they are not HDPE.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

journeyman
#9 Posted : 12/1/2010 5:58:30 AM

Tyler

Well, sounds good, i have decided to get a gallon wine jug and do 150g runs happily Smile

I attempted it as an experiment today, and think it worked but won't know until the jar evaporates and i can freeze it, but does anyone know for sure if it is ok to add copious amounts of water previous to adding the naptha? enough to make everything rise to the narrow top?

Thanks for the help Smile

journeyman
#10 Posted : 12/3/2010 7:36:27 PM

Tyler

Well, gallon wine jugs work like they were made for it, and man am i a happy camper

Peace Nexies