We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Salt & Ice Water vs Freezer? Options

azar
#21 Posted : 11/29/2010 10:27:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i maybe wrong but i know if some solvents are exposed to high humidity (like your breath) will go a lil cloudy as it absorbs that tiny amount of water. Same thing as if you spray paint on a humid day, the paint usually turns a lil cloudy. Or it could simply be more percipitation. Maybe evap it with a fan first down to say, 50ml then wack in the freezer. That i would think would be perhaps more effective then simply making it colder. Combine those 2 thinks together and your prob onto a winner my friend Pleased

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Ellis D'Empty
#22 Posted : 11/29/2010 10:47:21 PM

Snirfneblin

azar wrote:
i maybe wrong but i know if some solvents are exposed to high humidity (like your breath) will go a lil cloudy as it absorbs that tiny amount of water. Same thing as if you spray paint on a humid day, the paint usually turns a lil cloudy. Or it could simply be more percipitation. Maybe evap it with a fan first down to say, 50ml then wack in the freezer. That i would think would be perhaps more effective then simply making it colder. Combine those 2 thinks together and your prob onto a winner my friend Pleased

That would work... if I haven't already done that. I've taken 250ml down to 50ml, Some dmt precips out, but it still clouds when I blow on it. I'm not sure about the "high humidity" thing, but I know that when it's normal naphtha, with nothing in it, it doesn't cloud up when I blow on it...
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

azar
#23 Posted : 11/29/2010 11:45:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

thats true if you blow on normal naptha it doesnt go cloudy. But if the naptha is ice cold it will definitly condense the small amount of moisture in your breath. The same way if you breath on the side of the glass, wich will be the exact temp as the solvent inside it. You know what i mean?
As i said, i could be wrong but it isnt hard to wack some naptha in a glass; freeze it over night and blow on it to see. I know even solvents that dont mix with water will absorb some tiny insignificant amount of water when it's put in contact with it.
I will try the breathing on cold naptha when i'm finished work i think Smile i'm curious
edit i'd prob try freezing some plain ol naptha and breath on it before i get too worried aboult getting that last lil bit out.

Ellis D'Empty
#24 Posted : 11/30/2010 12:06:57 AM

Snirfneblin

Makes sense, I'll try that later tonight.
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

PREV12