We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mescaline cross-tolerance with MDMA/MDA? Options

prayformojo
#1 Posted : 11/26/2010 10:18:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone,

2 nights ago I took some MDMA and some MDA along with some friends. Aside from these 2 drugs, none of us have tripped for about a month. We are considering taking Mescaline tomorrow, so my question is this: should we expect to have any tolerance built up to the mescaline as a result of the MDMA/MDA?

thanks for your help, I tried using Google but couldn't find the answer.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Opiyum
#2 Posted : 11/26/2010 10:47:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know the specific mechanism of action for each of these but I know they both, to some extent and in one way or another, activate the 5HT2a receptor site. Because of this there is going to be some cross tolerance. Whether you will experience tolerance 24 hours later I certainly couldn't say.
Having looked a little deeper because Mescaline has some dopaminergic activity and because dopaminergic drugs in general seem to take longer for tolerance to show I bet you will at least get some of the effects of the mescaline.

So my guess after looking around for five minutes would be you're going to be just fine. If you do it you should report back. I'd be interested to hear what happens.

prayformojo
#3 Posted : 11/26/2010 10:53:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It'll be more like 3 days than 24 hours when (if) we dose.

Opiyum
#4 Posted : 11/26/2010 10:59:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh you did say that...I misread that. Considering that I would be really really surprised if you experienced any lack of effects due to tolerance.

Lavos
#5 Posted : 11/27/2010 8:19:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure about the specifics of cross tolerance, but I can offer my experience. I ate one X tab recently, early in the evening, and by midnight, the experience was past. I slept, and was really disappointed in the morning that I had taken the tab before drinking my cactus tea. I said fuck it, I'll take it now. It was what I figured to be a lower dose, a good introduction to mesc, and that's exactly what it was (about 2 feet of skinny cactus). Solid vibes for 10-11 hours. 3 hour peak feelings, very very good. And lots of reflection.

That said, any period gone with less stimulation, will leave you feeling more stimulated once you indulge. ie, is this pizza good, yes, but isn't this pizza SOOO good if I haven't eaten pizza in a year? To be more plain, if you haven't gotten laid in 4 years, are you likely to complain when it happens?

Since I have low supply of cactus, next time I will likely fast for a couple days and spend a day in silence/nature before indulging, to see if I can knock it up a bit.
My ego is insane, but I'm alright

The path of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. -William Blake

Lavos is a fictional character, a dream inside a dream. Don't take what he says to be true or representational of reality in any known form. He is inspired by pure fantasy.

prayformojo
#6 Posted : 11/29/2010 9:18:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the advice. we ended up eating mushrooms instead, but if I ever undertake this or a similar experiment I'll be sure to post the results.