We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Too much Vinegar! Plz Help Options

Eranik
#1 Posted : 11/26/2010 12:39:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM was brewing Acacia Nilotica leafs in water and vinegar to drink together with Harmala brew. but the taste is very very Acidic. SWIM has added too much vinegar to the brew, How to get rid of that acidic taste?
Disclaimer: All of these posts are of a fictitious nature only. Their author is known to be a pathological attention-seeking ADHD liar and he/she should NOT be taken seriously in any way. Do not trust anything he/she says because it is simply untrue.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 11/26/2010 12:48:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

would you please edit your post and remove the caps in the subject title? thanks

regarding acidity, add a bit of sodium carbonate (not too much, I guess you dont want it to be basic).

and how comes youre drinking this acacia, from what source you read it has dmt? did you really research that what youre doing is safe and that this plant doesnt have any unwanted substances, and considering it doesnt, do you know the dosage?

DiMiTriX
#3 Posted : 11/26/2010 12:51:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you also can boil the acetic acid out from the brew by boiling
Tz'is aná

Eranik
#4 Posted : 11/26/2010 1:01:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for Replying fast

endlessness wrote:
would you please edit your post and remove the caps in the subject title? thanks

regarding acidity, add a bit of sodium carbonate (not too much, I guess you dont want it to be basic).

and how comes youre drinking this acacia, from what source you read it has dmt? did you really research that what youre doing is safe and that this plant doesnt have any unwanted substances, and considering it doesnt, do you know the dosage?

It's an Acacia Nilotica, It is active (DMT) and doesn't have any toxic substance. SWIM knows the rough dosage, and prepared an estimated low dose to make sure It's active. The brew does smell fishy like MHRB, but there's not tannins in it at all, so SWIM guess that fishy smell is the smell of alkaloids, also the leafs taste bitter a bit.

Regarding sodium carbonate, the only problem is I don't have this at hand right now, is there any other analogue?

DiMiTriX wrote:
you also can boil the acetic acid out from the brew by boiling

SWIM made 3 pulls, the unreduced brew tastes acidic, the brew is in the pan right now to reduce the volume, but I think it only does concentrate the acidic taste.
Disclaimer: All of these posts are of a fictitious nature only. Their author is known to be a pathological attention-seeking ADHD liar and he/she should NOT be taken seriously in any way. Do not trust anything he/she says because it is simply untrue.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 11/26/2010 1:17:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How do you know it is dmt and the rough dosage? Do you have any source for that information?

You can make sodium carbonate from sodium bicarbonate, which you can easily get anywhere like pharmacy supermarkets groceries etc. Check the wiki for the conversion of sodium bicarb to carb for more details, its very easy you just need to heat it, basically.

Eranik
#6 Posted : 11/26/2010 1:26:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

User "Sally" mentioned it, also Wikipedia has an article "List of psychedelic plants", It has Acacia nilotica and Acacia Nilotica subsp. adstringens listed as containing DMT in the leaf.

As for the dosage, there isn't any dosage mentioned for Nilotica, but looking at the dosage of most Acacias (averagely around 0.5%) I've prepared this brew, I will drink little by little to avoid going too far far away.

Thanks.

Eranik
#7 Posted : 11/26/2010 2:21:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Drank the reduced brew, no effects felt yet other than a very mild buzz (can be placebo) and lightheadedness (30 minutes), It's a fail.

The reason of failure can be any of these:
1- The Harmala used was pure red needle crystals extracted by methanol.
2- Too much acid and too much cooking destroyed most of the alks.
3- The Acacia is not active.

Will try again later with correcting 1 and 2 to make sure if number 3 is true or not.

endlessness
#8 Posted : 11/26/2010 2:28:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well unless user sally comes up with some source him/herself, I wouldnt start consuming plants just because someone said its ok.

As for wikipedia, notice that the quoted source from wikipedia is very conveniently the page from a seller of acacia seeds... So that isnt necessarily a reliable source of information.

Researching a bit more, I've found somewhere mentioned that trout's note is the source for this claim, but I dont have trout's notes to check myself.. In any case it doesnt mention of other possible substances in the plant. Im sure you realize that plants are complex bio-synthesis factories that create several components, some which may be psychedelic, others which may be toxic.

By the way, thats really bad logic to 'average out' the alkaloid content of a whole genus (!!!) of plants, and think that you can judge the dosage of one particular plant for bioassay. Thats not how it works, there can be very large variations between plants (not to mention different content of alkaloids and other substances, as I said before)

So if you have any more reliable data to show that nilotica is indeed safe to ingest, do share. PLEASE be careful with what you do!

Eranik
#9 Posted : 11/26/2010 4:30:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It didn't work, but well at least now we're sure it's safe to ingest (at least in short term).