We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Possible LSD Adulterants Options

shishigami
#1 Posted : 11/24/2010 9:26:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The subject should say it all.

What substances could be in contained in a tablet of blotter paper? How much can blotter paper absorb?

EDIT: What would be a way to distinguish between the substances? Chemical test or otherwise. I have heard "If it's bitter it's a spitter" but don't know what the real thing should taste like.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

PowerfulMedicine
#2 Posted : 11/24/2010 9:38:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bitter taste means that it might have strychnine in it. I have actually heard that strychnine potentiates lsd at extremely low doses. Strychnine is also literally one of the most bitter substances known to man and its taste can be detected at insanely low concentrations. So maybe you should rethink that bitter spitter thing. But if you are really worried then don't take the chance as strychnine can easily kill you if overdosed.

I wouldn't worry though. I have read studies that say that lsd is rarely adulterated and that the strychnine being a common adulterant was just misinformation spread by various anti-drug groups .
Maay-yo-naze!

proto-pax
#3 Posted : 11/24/2010 9:40:19 PM

bird-brain

No way to know whats on it without a chemical analysis. I'm not sure how much substance you can lay on a substance, but I doubt it'd more than 5 milligrams. (Chinacat from shroomey said this was really hard to do to....)
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

DiMiTriX
#4 Posted : 11/24/2010 10:18:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

there's another similar thread active right now..anyway no strichnine i think..maybe a DOx like doi or dob or dom..could be a 2Cx too imo
Tz'is aná

jackstraw
#5 Posted : 11/24/2010 11:04:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have heard of some ass hole puting pcp on blotters i bet you they seriously hurt some people with that. but i have never tasted any bitter paper myself

shishigami
#6 Posted : 11/25/2010 2:59:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

proto-pax wrote:
No way to know whats on it without a chemical analysis. I'm not sure how much substance you can lay on a substance, but I doubt it'd more than 5 milligrams. (Chinacat from shroomey said this was really hard to do to....)

I guess I'll just have a look through PIHKaL and TIKHaL for substances that are active at that level and lower.

So here is the list that I came up with. These are all active at <5mg

Substance Duration
PEA:
dom 14-20 hrs
dob 18-30 hrs
doc 12-24 hrs
doef 12-16 hrs
doet 14-20 hrs
doi 16-30 hrs
don 8-15 hrs
dopr 25-30 hrs

TRYPT:
a,O-dms 12-18 hrs
5-meo-det 3-4 hrs
5-meo-mipt 6-4 hrs

OTHER:
pcp 4-6 hrs
sal a 1.5-3 hrs

I left out a few LSD derivatives that I considered too similar to LSD to warrant placing them on this list. There are also a few synthetic opiates that are active in the mg range but I decided to leave them out.

It appears that all the 2c-x compounds might result in a borderline dose if a full 5mg were stuffed in a blotter. Perhaps a 15mg microdot would yield a sufficient dose of 2c-p or the like.

According to what I have read the taste of all of the PEAs is bitter. Strychnine is also bitter but I doubt anyone would purposefully put it on tabs considering how toxic it is.

I'll add some more later when I get home.

Ellis D'Empty
#7 Posted : 11/26/2010 3:53:40 AM

Snirfneblin

About 500UG is whats on a good blotter.

Normal ones run about 100-200ug.

I've heard tales of up to 700-1000ug on a single blotter... but I don't trust it tbh. Maybe that much in a drop.

But hell I'm no chemist... yet Pleased
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

Ginkgo
#8 Posted : 11/26/2010 6:23:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can safely say I have access to Europe's best acid, and blotters never go above around 400 mcg. Normal for good ones is around 200-300. If you can get access to 500+ mcg blotters either you don't know your acid, you may have been fooled or you are exceptionally lucky.

Normal adulterants are strychnine and hyoscyamine in incredibly small dosages. It is, however, much more common that some other substance is used instead of LSD - such as other ergolines, DOM, DOI and the related, or some of the 2C-* substances. Real LSD may contain impurities either from the synthesis or from storage or a combination. This may impact your experience significally.

Pure LSD doesn't taste a thing, but breakdown products and impurities may taste bitter. This or some metallic/electric taste/feeling is normal, with blotters as well as liquid. Pure LSD simply doesn't exist for most people, as LSD quickly breaks down some under transportation.

Acid is not always acid. There's plenty of variation. KNOW your source.

StrangeLoop
#9 Posted : 11/26/2010 8:06:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

IME what you're obtaining is either LSD in really small dosages (25/50 mcg a tab) or research chems. My best LSD experience was with 200mcg confirmed by the man who laid the crystal and this was super intense, so anyone saying they have hits of acid that are 100mics or greater are quite possibly lying, unless you can confirm they are extremely intense for each dose. Back in the 60s/70s, one tab of acid was enough for 4 people to trip depending on the quality.

Shaolin
#10 Posted : 11/26/2010 9:08:09 AM

Stiletto Stoner

StrangeLoop wrote:
so anyone saying they have hits of acid that are 100mics or greater are quite possibly lying

Most acid that comes from the Netherlands is above 100 mcg. I haven't been involved in the scene for the last two years or so but Rolling Stones (Licks, Tongues), Hoffman (yellow with a blue bunny), Shivas, Mayas, Hearts,... were all laid around 200 mcg. LSD testing is quite popular in the Netherlands.

My understanding is that blotters that reach the mainstream never exceed 250 mcg although there was a series of Hearts in 05 or so with about 400-500 mcg. Some sort of "error" in the manufactuting process I was told Laughing

StrangeLoop: That's too much of a generalization. I checked Erowid for some testing data ranging from 1968 onwards and it says that the majority of the tested pills was in tablet form, while blotter ranging from 50 to 100 mcg (I'm certain though stronger versions were also possible).
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

StrangeLoop
#11 Posted : 11/26/2010 6:56:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea sorry for the generalization, that's why I said IME. I'm sure the LSD in Europe is much stronger than what I'm getting here.

polytrip
#12 Posted : 11/26/2010 7:12:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
There is one way of testing: LSD has a point where taking a larger dose doesn't lead to a stronger experience. I don't know exactly where this point is. It may on average be around 600 microgram but it could also be around 1000 mcg. You can at least know how far from the ceiling your blotter is. If three X-blotters doesn't give a stronger experience than two, than you know that two X-blotters are toghether above that ceiling. So then one is above either 300 or 500 mcg. If the same aplies to five blotters instead of three then you know one blotter is above 150 or 250 mcg and below 200 or 333 mcg.

justine
#13 Posted : 11/26/2010 7:21:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
There is one way of testing: LSD has a point where taking a larger dose doesn't lead to a stronger experience. I don't know exactly where this point is. It may on average be around 600 microgram but it could also be around 1000 mcg. You can at least know how far from the ceiling your blotter is. If three X-blotters doesn't give a stronger experience than two, than you know that two X-blotters are toghether above that ceiling. So then one is above either 300 or 500 mcg. If the same aplies to five blotters instead of three then you know one blotter is above 150 or 250 mcg and below 200 or 333 mcg.

I consider that's quite a potentially dangerous experiment you are advising, wouldn't it be wiser to find out the dosage thanks to the fact that threshold effects are felt with 20/25 mcg ?
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

polytrip
#14 Posted : 11/26/2010 7:33:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
justine wrote:
polytrip wrote:

I consider that's quite a potentially dangerous experiment you are advising, wouldn't it be wiser to find out the dosage thanks to the fact that threshold effects are felt with 20/25 mcg ?

No, it's not dangerous. You would need thousands of micrograms to get near the danger zone.

But i wasn't considering it as a straight away test. It's more that if you do LSD for a while, after a while you find out that two of blotter-X are about as strong as one blotter-y and you sort of get an impression of how strong each blotter is in time.

On average, blotters have something in between 150 to 200 mcg's on them. You hardly encounter anything above 350 mcg.

corpus callosum
#15 Posted : 11/26/2010 7:33:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

From my understanding, peak effects are reached at around 600mcg with bigger doses just extending the experience.

The strongest tab Ive ever had was 250mcg and I have this on good authority.This was a heavy hit and using that as my yardstick I would say that so-called 'average' strength tabs would be 60-80mcg.

The LD50 for pure LSD is 140000mcg ie 14mg in humans.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

corpus callosum
#16 Posted : 11/26/2010 7:36:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Sorry, not 140000mcg but (only!) 14000mcg, ie 14mg.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

benzyme
#17 Posted : 11/26/2010 9:37:31 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

PowerfulMedicine wrote:
bitter taste means that it might have strychnine in it.

myth and a fallacy, stemmed from an original suspicion proposed by albert hoffmann.

the bitter taste is more likely from improper chromatograpic technique, or the lack thereof, resulting in higher proportions of the iso-lysergamides
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

gratefulfloyd
#18 Posted : 11/27/2010 2:08:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If its bitter its a spitter.... there seems to be lots of DOB and other related chemicals going around on blotters... I accidently got some DOB a few times and it was fucked up, feels like hardcore uppers + acid for 18 hours+... not a good feeling.

Shaolin
#19 Posted : 11/27/2010 12:37:26 PM

Stiletto Stoner

polytrip wrote:
justine wrote:
polytrip wrote:

No, it's not dangerous. You would need thousands of micrograms to get near the danger zone.

I presume justine was talking about bad trip "dangers" ? I also experimented the threshold test and I though I was the only one. Yay Very happy

StrangeLoop: All good Smile
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

justine
#20 Posted : 11/27/2010 4:02:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shaolin wrote:
polytrip wrote:
justine wrote:
polytrip wrote:

I presume justine was talking about bad trip "dangers" ? I also experimented the threshold test and I though I was the only one. Yay Very happy

StrangeLoop: All good Smile

Yes, I was talking about bad trip "dangers" of course.
And the LD50 for LSD on humans can actually only be hypothesised since no one ever died from it.
You probably know the story about those guys who snorted lsd crystals thinking it was cocain, they were
in hospital for a few months but completely recovered.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

12NEXT