We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Microdose Iboga Therapy Options

PureMan
#1 Posted : 11/24/2010 6:39:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice from people experienced with microdoses of Iboga.

Lately I haven't been able to get out of my rut of drug addiction, lack of motivation, depression, self judgment, and self imposed misery. It has felt completely hopeless and thoughts of suicide are some of the most comforting and prevailing.

I read through Jorkest's thread on the microdoses of Iboga combined with Caapi tea, and it sparked some interest in me. I have always been against pharmaceutical SSRI's and would much prefer a more natural route of combating depression.

I have a few questions to ask before I go ahead and order some rootbark.

---

-1- I am unemployed right now, but if I start a daily regimen, will this effect my ability to work?

-2- How safe is it to drink Caapi tea while taking microdoses of Iboga? I know that the alkaloids of Iboga accumulate in the body over time, so couldn't it be dangerous to do this for too long?

-3- I have read in another forum that once your brain has been re-wired by the Iboga, it isn't wise to take things such as LSD or MDMA because it will undo the re-wiring. How true is this?

-4- Are there any dietary restrictions?

-5- Has anyone ordered the powdered bark from reset.nu? Are they reliable? Is it good quality?

-6- Will this really be an effective way of medicating my problem?

---

I am in a rough place in my life right now, any feedback would be much appreciated.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Phantastica
#2 Posted : 11/24/2010 8:31:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cloud, I'm so sorry to hear about your current rough situation, and I don't know much about the information surrounding Iboga. But i want to point you towards the direction of inner self, which is where Iboga would point you towards also. Let go of your reliance on Iboga, and trust your inner self. By this, i'm not implying that you not try it; infact i would encourage it...but what i am saying is to let go of any expectations from the results of Iboga. What if there was no such thing as Iboga? what would you do then?

I often post videos by Adyashanti around here, and I very firmly urge you to watch them, and learn from them. There is nothing wrong with the world brother; the flaw lies only in our own perceptions about the world. Suicide is NEVER the answer, since even after death, you will NEVER be able to escape from yourself. Wherever you go, there you are. Since from your perception, YOU are ALL THAT EXISTS. History will repeat itself until you learn and grow...even after death. Just remember: THERE IS NO ESCAPE. NONE WHATSOEVER. Death seems like an escape due to our short sightedness, but it is far from it. It is better to live an absolutely miserable life than to commit suicide.
The Cause of Suffering
Relationship With Thought
(watch these over and over again)

At this stage of your life, i would presume that you are detached from the flow of Life itself. There is only ever one solution to our sufferings..only one: "ONE WITH LIFE"..."ONE WITH LIFE"
The moment you are not One with your life, suffering will prevail..in whatever form it chooses to appear in. Life is teaching us to surrender, and to give in. So...surrender. This world is a playground, and only a temporary phase, so don't take anything too seriously, and have a laid back attitude on everything. There's so much beauty to be seen in this world, which never gets old even after a million years, because every moment is FRESH..EVERY moment is NEW.

I would suggest that you visit a monastery, and live with the monks for a period of time. Like i mentioned in another thread, the monks will allow you to live with them for free in exchange for service at numerous monasteries. But, the most important thing is that you reconnect with your inner self. Get in touch with yourself, and learn to fall in love with yourself, and your LIFE...Be ONE WITH LIFE, and all suffering will cease..and even if suffering does arise, it won't be perceived as suffering anymore. Meditation will often seem like "too much unnecessary work," because the mind so trained to be a do-er is constantly cycling in loops. It's hard for it to rest, and dissolve in the silence since the turbulence of the mind has been perpetuating itself for faaaar toooo long. But nonetheless, with consistency, it will learn to REST.

In the end, we can only guide you bro, but you are the one who has to walk the path. It maybe be daunting and painful, but to grow out of our misconceptions is why we are here in this physical plane in the first place. Dying is easier than living, but its not an escape. The cycle will spin once again, and you will find yourself in the exact same position until you have learned to be courageous enough to walk this path in your life, and learned and matured from it. Since there is no escape in the first place, the only option we have left is to SURRENDER to life. Remember: "Surrender, or Suffer"

Many loving thoughts and hugs to you bro, and i hope you come to realize the beauty of life. It's a Gift not to be wasted. Love it and live it<3
<3

Bancopuma
#3 Posted : 11/24/2010 11:47:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey man,

I'm sorry to hear you're going through such shit times. Do you know where this is all coming from? You need to identify the source and try with all the will you can muster to work on it before you ever eat any Iboga. It can strengthen your will and your motivation...but is definitely NOT a miracle drug or panacea. If you start working on all this stuff before starting a microdose regime, you have much more chance of enacting real, tangible, long term change in your life.

Anyway, let's talk about Iboga! Wink I will share with you something of a personal nature. My sister has depression, stemming I think from treatment by her father. She has had self harming tendencies, and even tried to overdose once. She is a very bright, bubbly character, and all this has come somewhat out of the blue, although she is in a much better space recently. Sometimes tough love is the best kind. Anyway, the doctor she has at uni recommended she go on citralopram, an SSRI like Prozac. While these drugs may be able to help people in times of dire need, I pretty much despise them. When she took a large dose at once, I researched this drug more, and in turns out that the doses she was on in her age group actually increased suicidal tendencies! So that was the last straw. I've had a talk with her, and she now feels committed to weaning herself of citalopram, where before she feared to be without it. 2 weeks is needed to clear one's system, but then she wants to go on an Iboga microdosing regime, which I think will be much better for her, and strengthen her mind rather than blanketing it.

Lets have a look at your questions...

1) No, a low dose regime will not in any way affect your ability to work. I use and have used low doses in both normal jobs, and in an academic context frequently, I actually find it helps.

2) You are exploring basically unknown territory here, so I advise you to tread carefully. Still, I think Iboga and caapi are more compatible than most people realise, Ibogaine and harmaline (and related alkaloids) are sister compounds. Furthermore, the caapi may help to unearth different things to that of the Iboga, so your healing may be enhanced or augmented.

3) I say rubbish. Post Iboga, my LSD and MDMA experiences have been very few and far between, but the experiences I did have were pretty magical with both. Yes it would be unwise to go on an ecstasy binge after defragging your brain with Iboga, but I think this is common sense. One point I will say here though is to abstain for at least a month after a flood dose, when there will still be lots of norIbogaine in your system working its magic. Chances are you won't feel the need or desire for anything during that time anyway.

4) No. Certainly not with microdosing. Prior to a flood dose it might be wise to detox before hand.

5) Yes definitely, Reset.nu is an off shoot of Maya Ethnobotanicals, it is very reliable, all of the Iboga I have consumed thus far has come from them, and I know the guy that runs it.

6) Unknown. It may be able to help, perhaps quite a bit...but this is largely up to you. What you reap, you will sow, in terms of will and effort you put into healing yourself.

If I were you man, I would seriously look into the Iboga root bark (3) TPA HCL extract tincture 1:50 (20mg/ml) offered on the Reset.nu products page. Maybe email Maurice explaining why you seek it and what he thinks. I have found this an excellent and very convenient way of working with Iboga. It makes it go a very long way, and I only need 2 drops a day. The alcohol in the drops help it be absorbed immediately into your system via your tongue, making for very accurate and sensitive dosing, and the effect is cumulative over time.

Anyway man I hope things improve for you. Take care out there. Smile

PureMan
#4 Posted : 11/24/2010 7:39:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you both for your quick and heartfelt replies!

I know that my problem is a problem of perception. I do tend to take things too seriously. I let little things get to me far too easily. My thoughts are very dominating. It is time for me to move on from this way of thinking, and start focusing inward. Before the Iboga arrives, I am going to start putting the past behind me, and start moving forward.

I'm going to order the TPA tincture as suggested, and am going to take small doses of caapi tea alongside. Initially I was going to order the powdered bark, but I will take your word for it that the tincture is a better option. I will journal my progress once the tincture arrives.

I thank you guys SO much for the support! Smile

LeftEyeOfHorus
#5 Posted : 8/10/2011 4:02:17 PM

Hello

Hi guys,

I am currently looking for alternative anti-depressant medication for my mother in law who has been suffering her own mental anguish.

Iboga seems to be the way forward with the aid of conscious breathing, unity consciousness and meditation.

Just a question about the tincture, say i were to purchase the 1ml tincture.

How long could this effectively last i.e approximately how much liquid in each drop ? if that is known.

Cloud I know its been some time since the post so I hope all is well and hopefully you have come to understand yourself thus freeing yourself from your own cell.

kind regards

ouro
#6 Posted : 8/10/2011 6:28:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Horus - It's a little bit strange to revive a nearly year old post without directly tying into the previous discussion.

I'm not familiar with the tincture you mention, but a microdose is typically around 50 mgs alkaloids, but can be anywhere between 20 mgs and 100 mgs. Find out what mass of alkaloids is in 1 ml and work from there. Ashwaganda, rhodiola, and fish oil each work very well for depression in some people. Good luck.

christian
#7 Posted : 8/10/2011 8:33:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phantastica wrote:

Life is teaching us to surrender, and to give in. So...surrender. This world is a playground, and only a temporary phase, so don't take anything too seriously, and have a laid back attitude on everything. There's so much beauty to be seen in this world, because every moment is FRESH..EVERY moment is NEW.

>Beautifully said , Phantastica!!

*********************************************************************************************************

¬ Cloud, have you tried eating healthy foods, exercising daily, relaxing baths, and good sleep??, i say this because it's the simple actions in life that can make all the difference to a depressed state. When you're feeling more positive perhaps then it's a better time to think about ibogaine. Whatever, daily exercise, good diet, and good sleep is paramount in the maintainance of a positive state of mind that is reccomended to patients that have been thru this type of therapy, so i thought i'd suggest a head start..Wink

> Keep your pecker up, mate, as we say here. And don't think we haven't been thru some tough times either. You'll get through, no problems....GOOD LUCK! Cool
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Bancopuma
#8 Posted : 8/21/2011 6:15:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If we're talking about the TPA tincture from a well known Dutch ethnobotanical vendor, then it is stated as 20mg/ml, and there are around 30 drops per ml, or approximately 0.67mg per drop. This may seem like a tiny, homeopathic dosage, but having used the tincture myself, I am absolutely confident that it yields effects beyond placebo, even at such tiny dosages. One factor is that it is directly absorbed via the alcohol solution it is in, on your tongue. Levels also build up in one's system if used over time. Sharp people have observed and noticed changes in me when I am on it, there's definitely something going on.

magickpsychonaut
#9 Posted : 11/1/2011 5:41:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Have come across this thread and would be interested in knowing an update from you , especially if you've been microdosing. How has it helped specifically? Have you found some alleviation of depression ?
"Talent does what it can, Genius does what it must"

۩
#10 Posted : 11/1/2011 5:47:56 PM

After taking a good dose of Iboga in the summer I felt it's effects on my body and mind for 2 months strong. After 3, it began to fade.
My damaged nerve symptoms returned and totally incapacitated me.
I took 1g of Iboga 3 weeks ago and I can still feel it effecting me.
When I notice these effects begin to wear off in the next few weeks or so, I will probably take .5g and I will find tremendous relief and insight from such a dose.
Just my take on this incredible medicine.

Limeni
#11 Posted : 11/1/2011 5:56:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks House, there seem to be a lot of people here in the same sort of situation...could you tell us what size your original "good dose" was?

۩
#12 Posted : 11/1/2011 6:01:25 PM

Limeni wrote:
Thanks House, there seem to be a lot of people here in the same sort of situation...could you tell us what size your original "good dose" was?

My friend who gave it to me gave me a couple spoonfulls. There is a report in here called "my first time with the iboga" if you want to read the details. To be honest I have no idea how much it was, 2-5g? I ate it after waking up from a nap induced by turmeric/black pepper so that could have added to the potentiation. I am also very sensitive to psychedelics as well.

bransondude
#13 Posted : 11/12/2011 12:18:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I found .5g to be a nice stimulation and 4g was a good toe-dipping experience. It could be me, but I didn't care for the feel of doing it a few days in a row. The effects seem to build on itself, so perhaps a reduction of dose is a good idea? IDK for sure, I have limited Iboga experience.

Keep in mind that many people think Iboga's abilities are closely related to Caapi/Rue. I feel that my life is enriched with the occasional dose of Harmala's. As always, a TPA extract is a good choice.