We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Interesting article Options

alladinsgrandpa
#1 Posted : 11/20/2010 6:29:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I heard of this article from the pitch newspaper from a friend living in the city

http://www.pitch.com/201...rip-that-does-the-trick/

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Once
#2 Posted : 11/21/2010 2:58:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for posting! This was actually a pretty good article. I did think it was pretty funny when one of the doctors referred to the hallucinations as a "side-effect", and of course he described it as a "nasty drug" that needed to have it's beneficial properties isolatedRolling eyes.
Of course Big Pharma is already working tearing this plant apart and patenting some synthesized version for mass consumption. I mean, it's good if this MC-18 can help addicts, but like the Iboga proponent in the article stated, "Iboga works" why change it. Its sad that there are people out there who want to take a profound spiritual/healing experience and turn it into just another pill to choke down before heading to the office.
I hope one day I find the courage and the opportunity to explore Iboga, it seems like quite a journey Shocked .
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

zubidlo
#3 Posted : 11/21/2010 3:58:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the article.
I liked BBC documentary seen years ago called 'Detox or Die', I just checked youtube and here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2mhcyU6Ttg

Regards.
'Life is an illusion designed to keep your mind occupied while you are digested by God.'

polytrip
#4 Posted : 11/21/2010 6:02:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Once wrote:
Thanks for posting! This was actually a pretty good article. I did think it was pretty funny when one of the doctors referred to the hallucinations as a "side-effect", and of course he described it as a "nasty drug" that needed to have it's beneficial properties isolatedRolling eyes.
Of course Big Pharma is already working tearing this plant apart and patenting some synthesized version for mass consumption. I mean, it's good if this MC-18 can help addicts, but like the Iboga proponent in the article stated, "Iboga works" why change it. Its sad that there are people out there who want to take a profound spiritual/healing experience and turn it into just another pill to choke down before heading to the office.
I hope one day I find the courage and the opportunity to explore Iboga, it seems like quite a journey Shocked .

I don't agree that what big pharma is doing is bad, in this regard. On the contrary, i wished that the exploration of iboga would be broader and more efforts would be made at it. Ibogaine is such a unique molecule that develloping analogue's of it is very likely to result in other most interesting substance's with powerfull medicinal capacities.

Once
#5 Posted : 11/21/2010 7:11:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Polytrip,

You make a good point. Like I said, if they can isolate a substance that can help people with their addictions, that is great. I just get frustrated with the attitude towards entheogens as "nasty drugs". It is sad that no value is put on the experiential aspects of these medicines. Its hard to imagine Pharmaceutical companies isolating the visionary compounds in these plants, to allow people a spiritual experience, no value in that Rolling eyes . No matter what, if learning and healing takes place due to these studies, then that is a good thingSmile .
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

Bancopuma
#6 Posted : 11/22/2010 2:20:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha an Iboga milkshake! Never heard of that one before. I start most days with a smoothie, so I may actually give this one a whirl sometime! Wink

Interesting article, thanks for sharing. I've got to be honest, I think the safety issues regarding Iboga(ine) are overstated. 19 deaths in 17 years really isn't very many...it seems the explanation for these is people either using their drug of choice during treatment or having pre-existing heart conditions, which they can screen for now via ECG. So if you know the rules you are playing by and give this substance the respect it deserves, I think the risks are more than acceptably low.

Also, personally I definitely wouldn't describe the effects of Iboga(ine) as "extremely unpleasant". Certainly it didn't scare me away from doing it again...I've had 3 sessions with it so far, and plan to again next Spring. While the root bark seemed harder on my system, even with my high dose initiation experience with TA, I was always physically comfortable during the visions and any psychological spanking I may have been receiving. Certainly it is no way pleasurable, but I can't say it was really nasty either, even if it was hard going at times. Of course this is just my experience.

jungleheart
#7 Posted : 11/22/2010 3:13:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Funny how Ibogaine news is being made in the middle of nowhere, Illinois, where they synthesized the 18MC, and where that guy got caught money laundering. And what is up with that guy who was carrying $150k in duffel bags?!!

Bancopuma
#8 Posted : 11/22/2010 3:15:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

P.S. This may be of interest to some people, it is a recently published Erowid experience report of a person's experience with Ibogaine from a psychotherapeutic perspective. It's very well written and makes for fascinating and inspiring reading.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=88298

BloodShotEyes
#9 Posted : 11/23/2010 12:45:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
P.S. This may be of interest to some people, it is a recently published Erowid experience report of a person's experience with Ibogaine from a psychotherapeutic perspective. It's very well written and makes for fascinating and inspiring reading.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=88298

Wow, that is a very inspirational article. Thank you so much for bringing it to our attention!

I would like to find out if there are any swimmers out there that had any luck getting it in the US? Please, feel free to pm me a good vendor, if possible. It would be most highly appreciated.