We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Smoking DMT in your sleep Options

Kookaburra
#1 Posted : 11/20/2010 4:17:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's been a few months since SWIM has had access to DMT, but back when she was smoking it daily, there were several nights where she dreamt that she smoked DMT and broke through. It was exactly like smoking DMT while awake. The next day she would be confused about whether or not the smoking bit actually happened. She was surprised how similar the experience was. She went to the same places and encountered the same narrative and characters. I've heard of this happening before, but does anyone know if it's a common experience?
"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence McKenna

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

۩
#2 Posted : 11/20/2010 4:27:56 AM

Memory recall from the brain stem sent to the frontal lobe for mash-ups is the essence of dreaming. Not only is this common, but it's standard procedure.

vovin
#3 Posted : 11/20/2010 4:36:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

There are those who believe that DMT allows one to explore their own subconscious minds and as such each entry whether it be with a drug or through dreaming is a exploration of the same landscape just focused or filtered some.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

Bancopuma
#4 Posted : 11/20/2010 2:31:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I remember Terrence McKenna describing exactly the same thing. I have had quite a few DMT-esque dreams, and once or twice I have even woken during the night to find I'm experiencing DMT fractal visuals.

Infinite I
#5 Posted : 11/20/2010 9:32:54 PM

JC

Bancopuma wrote:
I remember Terrence McKenna describing exactly the same thing. I have had quite a few DMT-esque dreams, and once or twice I have even woken during the night to find I'm experiencing DMT fractal visuals.

Same here, when I was smoking it fairly reguarly I would get dreams of smoking it and similiar effects of smoking, also when I was just falling asleep sometimes it would feel as if I was just about to blast off, ive not smoked it in well over a year and not had these dreams or expereinces.

universecannon
#6 Posted : 11/21/2010 8:21:08 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

vovin wrote:
There are those who believe that DMT allows one to explore their own subconscious minds and as such each entry whether it be with a drug or through dreaming is a exploration of the same landscape just focused or filtered some.

The stranger dreaming gets, the more I feel that something like this might be going on.

The memory recall probably has something to do with smoking dmt in a dream.. But that doesn't explain everything. Like how smoking it in a dream worked for me BEFORE i'd ever smoked it in "real" life..or why that dream, among others, seem to be exact reflections of events in my life that hadn't happened yet. Or maybe why, when tripping on something in a dream, you wake up with visuals and euphoria.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

nn-DreemMasterTree
#7 Posted : 11/22/2010 9:33:47 AM

samsara

۩ wrote:
Memory recall from the brain stem sent to the frontal lobe for mash-ups is the essence of dreaming. Not only is this common, but it's standard procedure.

hehe standard procedure, love how you put that dude. yes i have had this happen to me

"Pay attention. And keep breathing." Terence McKenna

landfishd
#8 Posted : 11/22/2010 7:01:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've never smoked DMT in my sleep probably because I only done it a few times, but about 7 years ago when I quit smoking crank I had a couple dreams like that. Where, in my dream I was really smoking a fat disgusting bowl of the stuff, and I swear I was high. Then I got mad at myself because I was supposed to have quit that shit! It was so strange how real the taste and the effect was, but you wake up and feel fine just a little confused.

SHroomtroll
#9 Posted : 11/27/2010 1:54:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just made a thread with my experiences on this fenomena, seems preety legit since alot of people have been experiencing it.

Swarupa
#10 Posted : 11/27/2010 4:28:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Spice has been in my dreams, but i've yet to smoke it in my dreams, when i meditate i can reaccess my trips very profoundly though, in my opinion once you've gone to that place you can get back there soberly just using focus

journeyman
#11 Posted : 11/29/2010 5:57:46 PM

Tyler

The other day, I was discussing dmt with my friend who had never tried it, he was asking all sorts of questions about it, though in the end denied it. But in talking about it, we began to talk about dreams, and he proceeded to tell me a dream of his that sounded EXACTLY like a dmt trip. Melting geometric hallucinations, a man that led the way, colors everywhere, the ability to communicate through a new language, one that did not require words.

This excited and intrigued me greatly, and i wanted him to try dmt even more to compare that world with his dream.

Maybe soon he will and i can post about it

Kookaburra
#12 Posted : 11/29/2010 6:42:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Please do update if you hear more, journeyman! And thank you to everyone for your responses. It's so nice to have a place to actually talk about these things...
"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence McKenna