We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A/B work better than STB with different barks? Options

eindreizig
#1 Posted : 11/16/2010 12:13:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've usually used STB on Brazilian bark and gotten a 1%+ yield using toulene each time. Now, I have this brazilian bark (from pedro in brazil), but am getting extremely low yields using STB. Like, really unacceptable low yields. Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing? Should I just do an A/B this time, any advice?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

heavenlypursuit
#2 Posted : 11/16/2010 2:53:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like one source is better than the other. Maybe the plants from this new source were harvested a bit early.
SWIM has always been happy with the vendors he has tried, but it definitely won't hurt to do a small A/B extraction to see if yields increase. In SWIM's experience, he has always had much better yields with an A/B. Good luck.

Trickster
#3 Posted : 11/16/2010 11:00:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

eindreizig wrote:
Now, I have this brazilian bark (from pedro in brazil), but am getting extremely low yields using STB. Like, really unacceptable low yields. Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing? Should I just do an A/B this time, any advice?

I do not use STB anymore, but I am regularly getting ~1% yield from pedro mhrb.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

Rivea
#4 Posted : 11/16/2010 4:16:12 PM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

Trickster wrote:
eindreizig wrote:
Now, I have this brazilian bark (from pedro in brazil), but am getting extremely low yields using STB. Like, really unacceptable low yields. Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing? Should I just do an A/B this time, any advice?

I do not use STB anymore, but I am regularly getting ~1% yield from pedro mhrb.

It is encouraging to hear that your yields from Pedro's bark are good Trickster. I just ordered a batch from him. He communicates quickly upon receipt of the order. I'll try an extraction (A/B) or two and let you know how it goes for me.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

eindreizig
#5 Posted : 11/16/2010 8:15:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Trickster- What kind of acid are you using?

I used to use the mexican bark and always had great success with that. The crystals from this definately are cleaner, but it is not coming out like it should.

Trickster
#6 Posted : 11/16/2010 10:59:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

eindreizig wrote:
Trickster- What kind of acid are you using?

Acetic (vinegar). This time I'll use phosphoric.

P.S. I am still using a year old batch, so I cannot vouch for more recent mhrb.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

eindreizig
#7 Posted : 11/17/2010 11:43:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It's weird. I heated up this batch, never had to do that before. Then it started raining crystals, can't stop pullllling....

mumbles
#8 Posted : 11/19/2010 4:14:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hot solvent dissolves more =p