We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
bad head ache Options

Soulshine
#1 Posted : 11/12/2010 5:23:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I over heated my GVG's ceramic filter tonight. I must have gotten the torch too close and burnt itSad Embarrased
This was a VERY scary experiance for me!

I took a huge hit, which went down TOO smooth. I didn't realize how harsh it would be until it was too late. I really felt like i rocked my brain, in a bad way. I felt a lot of pressure and even caughed up some flemmy goopShocked For a few moments i thought i might have done perminent damage. YikesStop

This razzled me...

I remember tripping hard, feeling damned. Like i was going to be left behind from all of the wonderous beauty. Like it was or could have been LIGHTS OUT, darkness, nothingness. Like i really fucked up this time. Basically one of my worst fearsTwisted Evil This was true mental and physical pain.

I have gotten some really good positive distance using my GVG, but not this time. I must admit im disappointed in myself, but it was a hell of a wake up call to make sure i get my technique down. Who would have thought it would have been this difficult to smoke the GVG, ugh.

I just want to say to other new GVG users out there BE CAREFUL !!!!!! You don't want to experiance what i did.

Just trying to look out for my peeps.

Much love

Soulshine

The tragedy of life isn't that it's too short, it's that we take too long to begin it...

-NO TURN UNSTONED-
"Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in !!!"

"Compassion becomes real when we recognize our shared humanity" - Pema Chodron

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

vovin
#2 Posted : 11/12/2010 5:31:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

I dont have a GVG but if I were to guess from my experiences I would say the flem was a result of inhaling hot gasses. I have had this happen to me when trying to clear out my pipe of residue. Just give it a few days before smoking anything and you usually will heal.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

Soulshine
#3 Posted : 11/12/2010 5:55:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I hope you're right vovin.

The bong does the job nicely too. I think i might be a few sessions before break out with the GVG again.
The tragedy of life isn't that it's too short, it's that we take too long to begin it...

-NO TURN UNSTONED-

vovin
#4 Posted : 11/12/2010 6:04:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

I have smoked for 7 years and I have had more episodes of sore lungs and days of coughing up infection than I care to count. Right now I am on a break because of smoking too much. Feels like I caught the flu I swear. Your lungs will heal if that is the reason why you are coughing up flem. I have had it happen to me several times and a few days break really does the job. Get some menthol cough drops or other flem stuff usually for colds, it helps break up that flem it'll take a few days if it is bad but I think you should be fine. The worst part is that coughing due to flem stuck in your lungs does more damage than the smoking did. If you can get it loosened up it'll make allot of diffrence in your recovery time.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

BananaForeskin
#5 Posted : 11/12/2010 7:16:00 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

But you also feel like it rocked your brain, in a bad way? Elaborate.
¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Soulshine
#6 Posted : 11/12/2010 12:04:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BananaForeskin wrote:
But you also feel like it rocked your brain, in a bad way? Elaborate.

What happened was when i exhaled the hit, there was a sudden sharp pain in my head (bad, never felt anything like it). Panic settled in, this is not a proper mindset for spice journeys obviously. I was in such panic that i couldnt get a grip. It kind of snowballed quickly from that point....

I don't know where i got the notion about "lights out forever" but it came up. A bit of a bad trip...

So what i ment when i said it rocked my brain in a bad way, was that it temperarily hurt my head and scared the shit out of me.

Feeling better now though. not 100% but better. Lungs feel ok, but i have a slight headache still. Im sure i will feel fine later.

(and thanks for the imput vovin)

PEACE

-NO TURN UNSTONED-

Eluna
#7 Posted : 11/12/2010 1:31:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had the same thing happen with a machine.

Didnt properly burn the stuff off it..

Had a hit, it hit me hard so i put the machine down

then my friend next to me grabbed it and went in for his hit
and then BAM it felt like my brain was a complex machine that suddenly had no oil left in the cogs.

I pretty much instantly realise whats happened (because we just changed over the scrubber)

but i cant tell my friend.. too far gone.. i can see him taking the hit..
Then he puts it down, then a third person grabs it

It ended with all of us having a bad trip, not cool.

mattritt
#8 Posted : 12/3/2010 7:11:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've gotten soul shattering headaches from spice aswell. I think its from using too much, aswell as at the wrong time though Im not sure. This has turned me off somewhat to the spice though I know it doesnt mean me harm. I would like to know if others get headaches or feelings as though their minds been scorched.
Step forward into your cave. That's right. You're going deeper into your cave. And you're going to find, your power animal...

Imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. It moves over your body, healing you. Now keep this going, remember to breathe, and step forward through the backdoor of the room. Where does it lead?

obliguhl
#9 Posted : 12/3/2010 10:49:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I've gotten soul shattering headaches from spice aswell. I think its from using too much, aswell as at the wrong time though Im not sure. This has turned me off somewhat to the spice

I get the hardest headaches ever from spice, a couple of hours later, after im completely down. I then proceed to swallow several different painkillers, but that only makes the pain bearable. And yes, its one of the reasons i don't smoke anymore. I've made a thread about it somewhere but noone can help. I just know, that its not uncommon to get headaches from spice and it really destroys it.

Felnik
#10 Posted : 12/3/2010 2:19:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to get bad headaches from spice once in a while. I eventually narrowed it down to impure spice being the main source of the problem.
I also clean the VG out all the time burning off buildup on the screen numerous times during a session. That made a huge difference I literally stopped having headaches after that.

DIet is is a big one too. The day of journeying I stay away from certain things like caffeine and heavily processed foods for one.

I think when you put a few of these factors togethor including bad smoking technique you have a recipe for a bad headache.

I found a microwaveable hot pack on the head was the best thing in the world for one of those killer headaches, that usually gives instant relief.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Swarupa
#11 Posted : 12/3/2010 3:46:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My friend got a pretty bad headache later in the night after we smoked some enhanced peppermint, i was fine though, i feel spice goes through my system very fast & cleanly, i can feel my brain for about 48 hours, but its not painful, just a feeling in my brain, although i think its also dose dependent, if you do too much/too often then you probly will get side effects like headaches, just like anything else in life really, i only feel to have a spice session around once a month maximum, smoking it everyday, every other day or even every week is asking for trouble IMO

If i didn't get bliss from meditation i would probably smoke it a LOT more often though Pleased

I also think thought patterns can cause headaches & thought patterns can get quite intense after psychedelics, so i think knowing how to meditate could help with these things, i know after smoking spice or after a mushroom trip i can feel my thoughts slowly solidifying again, tensions starting to coil up, and if i go with that flow then it can lead to painful feelings in the mind/head, but if i stay formless through meditation then theres no pain, i think the reason your using it/what your getting from the trip also plays a HUGE role in all this

shishigami
#12 Posted : 12/4/2010 9:39:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

On of the first times I smoked spice I thought I was supposed to see lots the white vapor (aka smoke) and filled up an entire light bulb with it. That gave me an awful headache. I haven't had any other problems since that time.

Just experiment a little bit and you will figure out what it was.

Phantastica
#13 Posted : 12/4/2010 11:01:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Soulshine wrote:
I over heated my GVG's ceramic filter tonight. I must have gotten the torch too close and burnt itSad Embarrased

i think vovin is correct in his speculation because the ceramic filter is inert..so it couldn't have produced any smoke. also, the butane torch eliminates any sort of minimal residue that flint bic lighters can create. so, i think you heated your chamber too much, and inhaled some hot smoke. next time, take note of how hot the glass right underneath the bowl chamber gets. if it's too hot to touch, then less flame needs to be usedSmile
<3

Soulshine
#14 Posted : 12/5/2010 4:24:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking back on it now, vovin was correct that i inhaled too much hot gas. I had a few more trial and errors, and have been playing close attention to technique detail. Its been a few weeks now, and i feel better about the smoking situation.

-NO TURN UNSTONED-

bringeroflight
#15 Posted : 12/7/2010 9:02:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The skull has encountered some bad headaches on days of extended changa sessions. Although, these headaches have almost always also been accompanied by many hours also spent on the computer that day. He doesn't get the headaches every time he smokes spice, but thinks it's an interactive thing and not something that spice on its own brings about.. at least not for the Skull.

Also, he has noticed that he has never had any headaches of any kind following oral spice journeys. In fact, quite the opposite- skull has usually never felt better after said journeys. Only after extended smoking + computer time has this happened to him. Skull suspects the electro-magnetic pollution of computers is unhealthy at any rate, and that spice is not meant to be combined with poison of any kind. It's all about purifying one's being.
I am awake in a dream called reality.

Tangarine_Dreams
#16 Posted : 12/8/2010 5:03:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

spice stays in my lungs and nose for about 3 days. i smell it every 30min,i cough it up. i also smoke cigs and pot tho.

ive torched spice a few times. all HORRID. take your breath away feeling, headache,and a spazm of a trip because of the dysphoria of your body.

when i use a big machine i often find i inhale so much hot dry vapor, it destroys my lungs. that coupled with the psychosomatic feeling of the loss of ability to breath in air. i ve thrown up 3 times.

DoingKermit
#17 Posted : 12/8/2010 2:55:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tangarine_Dreams wrote:
spice stays in my lungs and nose for about 3 days. i smell it every 30min,i cough it up. i also smoke cigs and pot tho.

ive torched spice a few times. all HORRID. take your breath away feeling, headache,and a spazm of a trip because of the dysphoria of your body.

when i use a big machine i often find i inhale so much hot dry vapor, it destroys my lungs. that coupled with the psychosomatic feeling of the loss of ability to breath in air. i ve thrown up 3 times.

I got that "take breath away" feeling the first couple times i smoked spice and it was pretty horrible. It seems like it could've been from burnt spice or impure product, but i have since perfected my extractions and don't get it any more. Same thing happened to my lady, so i am guessing it was the spice and not technique.

Tangarine_Dreams
#18 Posted : 12/8/2010 4:09:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive read that it is a biological response to the drug actually. its not that the vapor actually scorches your lungs(which it also does) but that the brain just thinks it isn't getting air.