We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Forget the vapourgenie, and your torch lighter. Virtually 100% efficiency. Options

Recycled_Solvent
#1 Posted : 11/11/2010 7:16:21 AM

James

This method has worked for my cat, everytime, it is now my cat's prefered method of smoking.

Materials needed:

A spoon with a wood/plastic handle.
A funnel with a stem with a smaller diameter than a pop bottle's mouthpiece
Another bottle with a larger stem that fits over the funnel.
A stovetop element.

Step 1: Put your spoon on the element, turn the element on. Try to get your spoon to hold itself on the stovetop, it will work if your stove looks like this.

Step 2: Obtain your funnel and attach it to the bottle: It should look like this:

Note: it should be inverted, duh. And don't tape them together or anything, you will need to remove the bottle for proper inhalation.

Step 3: Lay the spoon, which should be red hot by now and lay on something that won't burn, a metal counter will do.
-Edit, don't let it get red hot.

Place the funnel hovering the spoon, and drop your DMT on the spoon.

Instant vaporization.

The bottle should be filling with FAT white smoke by now. Take the bottle and take your hits as you like.

If you don't feel/look like this after this process, repeat.

Note:

This is only regurgitation of the old hot knives method, nothing new here just thought I'd share, seeing as people are anal retentive about their vapour genie status.

"There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

corpus callosum
#2 Posted : 11/11/2010 7:25:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Your method, as you say, is a variaition of the hot knife method and Im sure it works well.I think people rave on about the vaporgenie because its probably more effective than your approach and does away with the rigamarole of hot spoons, bottles and funnels and the greater risks involved.But if it works for you then its all good!Smile

I used to be a firm fan of vaporising on foil which also does the job nicely (if youve mastered the technique!) but I too have concluded that the vaporgenies cannot be beat in terms of efficiency and ease of use.I think this has nothing to do with being anally retentive; the experience delivered by coorect use of the GVG is only likely to be beaten by an IV shot.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Apoc
#3 Posted : 11/11/2010 7:25:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lol! That last picture freaked me out. I was not expecting that. Lol.
I guess I'm tired though because I don't understand the method. A spoon?

zubidlo
#4 Posted : 11/11/2010 8:30:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

Who would not love to trip standing by hot stove in the kitchen? Kids running around and all. Very happy

I have to try that sooooon. Nice painting though.

Regards.
'Life is an illusion designed to keep your mind occupied while you are digested by God.'

Elf Machine
#5 Posted : 11/11/2010 8:33:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Even though there is no flame to combust the DMT, I believe if the spoon is too hot, it still may destroy some of the DMT while vaporizing it. What temperature is needed to destroy DMT and what temperature does the spoon get?

vovin
#6 Posted : 11/11/2010 8:58:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

I bought a wooden pipe from a head shop that had a lid that pivots on a screw cost me 8 bucks. I drilled a hole about 1/8th inch in the lid. I put in my stuff and as I inhale hold the lighter to the hole. Works better than any fancy contraption that I have ever tried. You dont need to spend a big chunk of cash unless you just want to. Plus the wood holds some left over spice so when I am out I can just heat it up real good and the residue will get me there a time or two on it's own.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

ms_manic_minxx
#7 Posted : 11/11/2010 9:05:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just don't ever want to have to explain a giant, swirly scar on the whole of my face... Pleased (see figure 1)

Hilarious picture, though. Smile If the ends justify the means... be careful. Pleased
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

zubidlo
#8 Posted : 11/11/2010 10:21:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
I just don't ever want to have to explain a giant, swirly scar on the whole of my face... Pleased (see figure 1)

lol, it would be coooool...you could get than...i don't know...'DMT + hot stove' tattoo on forehead tooLaughing
I'm sorry, but I love this thread. I'm having a good time imagining possibilities of accidents here.Very happy

Regards.
'Life is an illusion designed to keep your mind occupied while you are digested by God.'

DiMiTriX
#9 Posted : 11/11/2010 10:51:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

red hot knife is a very good bad trip inducer for sure lol nice tek btw
Tz'is aná

gammagore
#10 Posted : 11/11/2010 11:05:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

that pic is great, thanks for sharing.

But, this looks like there is alot more work involved than just sitting with my GVG in hand. Red hot spoons and hot plates dont mix very well with hyperspaceSmile

Be safe with this or, just get a GVGSmile

gosvami
#11 Posted : 11/11/2010 11:07:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

who needs a GVG ?
only fools who say:
"i am a better hyperpace junkie with my GVG than you with your test tube!"

true is:

the "vap bong" is very effective and very easy to clean.
in fact there is almost no residue at all...
and it is cheap...
and it produces very smooth vapor...

http://www.vapbong.com/

first remove the unnecessary metal screens...
fill spice into the tube...
add a few ml (distilled) water to prevent the spirit molecule from getting overheated and in order to prevent that the spice flows to the side walls of the tube and sticks there...
light the fire with the smallest flame under the bottom until the spice (and the water) is cooking...

lift off....
OM

vibrancy3
#12 Posted : 11/11/2010 1:27:18 PM

Josh

great concept apart from dangerous open stove, maybe use a different hear source and your sweeet

justine
#13 Posted : 11/11/2010 1:45:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gosvami wrote:
who needs a GVG ?
only fools who say:

true is:

and it is cheap...

add a few ml (distilled) water to prevent the spirit molecule from getting overheated and in order to prevent that the spice flows to the side walls of the tube and sticks there...
light the fire with the smallest flame under the bottom until the spice (and the water) is cooking...

lift off....

Come on, it's sold at the same price as a VG...
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

DiMiTriX
#14 Posted : 11/11/2010 2:35:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yep,what about heat the stuff into a small test tube with maybe some silica sand in the bottom? just spread crystals on the sand? or mix it with the sand?
Tz'is aná

gibran2
#15 Posted : 11/11/2010 2:40:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I would imagine that with a hot spoon/funnel/bottle method that much of the vapor would flow up and around the outside of the funnel. I’m not an expert in fluid dynamics or anything, but just because you have a funnel to “guide” the vapor into the bottle doesn’t mean that’s where all of the vapor will go.

A hot spoon doesn’t eliminate the problem of burnt spice. If the spoon is too hot, I would guess that the spice could spontaneously combust as soon as it hits the hot metal. Even if it’s not that hot, pyrolysis could still occur, resulting in “toasted” ineffective spice.

A GVG fitted with a metal mesh disc allows me to inhale about 90% of the vapors produced by 30mg of spice in about 1 second. The disc is quickly and uniformly heated, resulting in maybe 10% of the spice vaporizing in the first 10-15 seconds. Then, as soon as the disc reaches a critical temperature, almost all of the spice vaporizes at the same time. Gulp. Shocked

Most of us who use the GVG have tried other methods. I’ve tried numerous other methods and devices, and the GVG is superior to them all. Other methods work, but not as efficiently, smoothly, comfortably, and reliably as the GVG.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

proto-pax
#16 Posted : 11/11/2010 4:05:19 PM

bird-brain

gosvami wrote:
who needs a GVG ?
only fools who say:

true is:

and it is cheap...

lift off....

This is the machine.... you can make it for like 10 bucks. It does work real well though Very happy
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

gosvami
#17 Posted : 11/11/2010 4:17:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

justine wrote:

Come on, it's sold at the same price as a VG...

then buy some test tubes and silicon stoppers from any shop selling articles for laboratorys...
and do handcraft...

the trick is to add some water to the spice...because the hot, liquid spice swims in this water bath, it can NEVER burn this way...
Stop
additional without added water the spice tends to flee from the heat and to flow to the side of the external tube.
and it tends to condensate at the surface of the inner tube.

but with added water the system works very well:
the water steam prevents the spice to form crystals on the surface of the glass
and
the spice stays at the bottom of the tube where it can be easily heated...

the tool must never be cleaned!!!
it is self-cleaning!!!

and one can easily vaporise 60 mg (ore more...) with only one deep breath...

believe it or not....

gvg?
who need it?
Razz
OM

endlessness
#18 Posted : 11/11/2010 4:37:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As gilbran said.. I wouldnt care if its the vaporgenie or whatever else, I got no identification with a specific brand, but fact is, from the many methods i've tried so far (the machine, pipes and bongs of all kinds, herb/ash sandwich, changa, joint, etc), none come even close to how smooth, effective and comfortable using the GVG+torchlighter does. Its really worlds of difference, and I really havent heard of anybody using this combination and not coming back saying its the best method they ever tried by far too.

I appreciate experimentations and you should do whatever you feel its best for you, but personally, from the first look I can already see how clumsy this set up you suggest looks (and potentially risky and innefective). As you please though (but if you do every try gvg+torch lighter, let us know what you think, in comparison.. )

gibran2
#19 Posted : 11/11/2010 4:54:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

gosvami wrote:
...the trick is to add some water to the spice...because the hot, liquid spice swims in this water bath, it can NEVER burn this way...
Stop
additional without added water the spice tends to flee from the heat and to flow to the side of the external tube.
and it tends to condensate at the surface of the inner tube.

but with added water the system works very well:
the water steam prevents the spice to form crystals on the surface of the glass
and
the spice stays at the bottom of the tube where it can be easily heated...

Take a look at this thread and you’ll see that DMT does not vaporize at 100ºC. So as long as you have a layer of water above the DMT the boiling water will never get hotter than 100ºC. Even if the DMT gets somewhat hotter than that, it will be rapidly cooled to 100ºC.

I just tested this idea: I put a small amount of DMT in a small test tube, heated it just to melt it, then put a small amount of water in the tube. I then heated from below, and the water began to boil, but no DMT vapors were produced. I would assume that if I continued heating until all of the water boiled off, the DMT would (of course) vaporize.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

gosvami
#20 Posted : 11/11/2010 6:06:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

are you sure you used nn-dmt for your test...
but not bufotenine.
bufo has a higher boiling point.
the boiling point of nn-dmt is 60–80 °C.
the liquid dmt-oil and the water (mix 30 mg crystals with the same volume amount of water, for example) will build some sort of emulsion then heated (dmt base will of course not dissolve in the water....)
but what will happen for sure is:
the spice evaps first because of its lower boiling point...
and after the hit where will be only a rest of water with some impurity in the tube.

give it a try!

it works...

Wink
OM

123NEXT