We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
questions from a noob Options

catfood
#1 Posted : 7/3/2008 9:42:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok i apologize for the nooby question but, where is the best place to get Naptha and Lye.
I am in the uk and am unsure of which products to buy, i want to be sure i have the correct stuff before trying an extraction. any help is appreciated and actual product names would be a godsend.
many thanks Catfood. Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

fourthripley
#2 Posted : 7/3/2008 11:09:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Homebase carry Caustic soda (UK name for Lye) but it is rather dear at £3.00 per 500g. Check your pound shops and small hardware places for Jeyes Kleenoff brand; doesn't say on the bottle, but its 98%, goes for £1.20/500g down my waySmile
mistakes were made

magic clown
#3 Posted : 7/4/2008 2:32:15 AM

aka Slap Stick Sam

Naptha is lighter fluid. Any corner shop anywhere in the UK North or South will be willing, able and happy to help. I shop at Sainsbury's and get all the points on my reward card. Its a bit expensive in comparison with Methelayted Spirits which I have heard tell some people use. That too can be bought at Sainsbury's. Homebase for the Caustic Soda and Ammonia. I agree with Fourthripley, Jeyes Kleenoff range of products are excelant chemicals and good value.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

shoe
#4 Posted : 7/8/2008 11:12:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

swim gets swim's friend caustic soda from B&Q and it really isn't that expensive. for a batch of 500g mimosa you'll need one of there (slightly taller than a coke can) sized bottles. which go for £2 - £3 I think. swim also uses b&q's turpentine substitute (naptha) but lately swim has had real bad evap problems. swim suspects dmt n-oxide.
shoe

реР рднреВрд░реНрднреБрд╡: рд╕реНрд╡: рддрддреНрд╕рд╡рд┐рддреБрд░реНрд╡рд░реЗрдгреНрдпрдВ ред рднрд░реНрдЧреЛ рджреЗрд╡рд╕реНрдп рдзреАрдорд╣рд┐, рдзреАрдпреЛ рдпреЛ рди: рдкреНрд░рдЪреЛрджрдпрд╛рддреН
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!