We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Future Rep.: Extraction of 5-Meo-DMT Crystals from Virola Resin Powder +Calcium Bufotenate from Yopo Options

Observant
#1 Posted : 7/3/2008 12:33:35 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

High.

First of all I want to introduce myself , I'm a psychonaut from Germany with a profound interest in Music Art and Psychedelics/Entheogens , I'm a passionate Mushroom Cultivator and have gladly attended the World Psychedelics Forum in Basel, Switzerland

These Days I'm going to start some new, exciting Extraction Process .
So , right now , im trying to get any kind of a plan together , with the intention not to spoil too much of my Plant Sources.

After having some good (white) , and some bad Results (N-Oxide) with STB extraction of MHRB (more to come), this is going to be something more exotic/ Difficult I think.

50 grams of Virola Theidora Resin Powder –
This should contain up to 8% of 5-Meo-DMT + some BetaCarbolines

I have read rather bad opinions on this stuff , but first of all this was after i placed the order , and second i wanted to give this source of natural meo a try , as it is not that expensive.

The filtered resin powder should be a mix of some fibres , mainly polysachharides, then some lipids ,
and of course alkaloids Pleased , am i right ?

Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Observant
#2 Posted : 7/3/2008 12:35:46 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

and further:

100 grams of Anadantherina Peregrina Seeds (Yopo) -

5-OH-DMT is the primary constituent (upt to 7,4% and more) , which i want to transform to Ca + 5-O-DMT (calcium bufotenate/bufotenoxide) and then pull it out crystalline , found a nice tek at erowid , has someone tried this procedure ?

Link to the Complete Experience :

Quote:

So I played around quite a bit and finally invented my own very extraction technique. Here’s how it’s done. Boil the powdered beans in water made pH 3 with hydrochloric acid for about an hour, and then filter out the beans, and repeat 2 more times with new water, also made pH 3 with hydrochloric acid. Concentrate the combined water extracts down and evaporate to leave some solid brownish gunk. Weigh this gunk and measure out an equal portion of calcium hydroxide (the same pickling lime used to make Yopo and Vilca snuff!).

Dissolve the gunk in a small amount of isopropyl alcohol, just enough to make it a thick syrupy liquid, then add an equal portion of water, then mix in the calcium hydroxide. Mix it very well. You don’t want any clumps. It should be the consistency of thick pea soup. Let it sit for about 6 hours for the calcium hydroxide to react with the bufotenine, creating the basic salt calcium bufotenate. Now evaporate it (you can use an oven at 300 F for this step). Once it’s evaporated completely add a generous portion of acetone. Mix it well. The acetone won’t dissolve any of the calcium hydroxide, or much else, but will easily dissolve the calcium bufotenate. Let it sit an hour or more for the non-soluble particles to sink to the bottom, once the acetone takes on a clear dark amber color, poor your mix through a filter to obtain the acetone.

You can repeat the acetone extraction with new acetone a few more times until its clear. Evaporate the combined acetone to get an extremely potent extract that is nearly 90% pure calcium bufotenine, which is one of the most potent forms of bufotenine. It’s the form found in properly make Yopo and Vilca snuff that has been used for thousands of years in South America. It’s more psychoactive than free-base bufotenine and much more psychoactive than the acidic salt form found in the unprocessed beans.

Any help one one or both of the projects would be very welcome
I dont want to loose want to make big failures due to lack of research , because it was quite an investition (not that liquid these days Sad Laughing )

Status : Beans have been roasted, and grinded with mortar and pestle , waiting for some chems ATM.

regards , associativum
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

lemmy
#3 Posted : 7/3/2008 12:59:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i saw a video on youtube i think(sorry no links) where the shamans would simply heat the virola bark over a fire to make it give up its actives which would simply be scraped of and used as a snuff.unfortunatly thow yours is in powder form so thats that idea out the window.

Observant
#4 Posted : 7/3/2008 1:07:26 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Thanks for your reply

lemmy wrote:
i saw a video on youtube i think(sorry no links) where the shamans would simply heat the virola bark over a fire to make it give up its actives which would simply be scraped of and used as a snuff.unfortunatly thow yours is in powder form so thats that idea out the window.

Its actually not the powdered bark , the product descriptio says it is the separated , filtered resin , so it's already nearly a vilca snuff. What i want to prepare are Alkaloid Crystals , mainly 5-Meo-DMT

Quote from the shop :
Quote:
It takes 40 litres liquid resin to make one kilo of dry resin powder

Again , i have 50 grams .

associativum

lemmy
#5 Posted : 7/3/2008 1:26:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

this may be a stupid question but if its allready been reduced to some sort of crued extraxt,and taking in to consideration how small a dose 5meo is,then have you tried smoking it the way it is,this may be worth a try.

Observant
#6 Posted : 7/3/2008 1:31:06 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

lemmy wrote:
this may be a stupid question but if its allready been reduced to some sort of crued extraxt,and taking in to consideration how small a dose 5meo is,then have you tried smoking it the way it is,this may be worth a try.

Smoking the polysachharides isnt that pleasurable i think , snorting the stuff is also nothing i'm keen on ..

Didnt try it yet ,but youre right i should shurely make a quality test before extracting xtals from it , wasnt too sure with the dosage though.

bezevo
#7 Posted : 3/14/2020 7:20:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i get this is a really old thread but after several search's this was the only thread i could find on extracting 5-HO-DMT from YOPO . can any of you point me to other links discussing this ? links ?
thanks

Brennendes Wasser
#8 Posted : 3/14/2020 7:32:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

You say you cant find any other thread about 5-OH-DMT extraction from Yopo. But what about the two big threads about it as a sticky on the main page? First and second.

But I would just advise to use the latest TEK described here - Link.

It is done with A. colubrina = cebil/vilca seeds,

but you can use it for A. peregrine = yopo just the same way. Except that there seems to be much more 5-OH-DMT in the first one - colubrina.

bezevo
#9 Posted : 3/15/2020 12:59:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ha ! doh ! right under my nose ....i just hopped on and did a cpl searches and this thread was only one to come up , obviously i am having navigation problems , it happens to us really old guys ....but i do look good for 103 . heh ....But THANK You for taking the time to reply to my question Brennendes Wasser . much appreciated ! when i get better at finding my way around i will try to repay the kindness and help others as you have helped me.

Bez

Tony6Strings
#10 Posted : 3/15/2020 6:30:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone on this forum ever successfully extracted 5meo from virola resin? If it is indeed there, shouldn't we be able to pull it out?
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand