We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Nomans Tek Yeild increase tips? Options

glasseyed
#1 Posted : 11/9/2010 5:07:17 PM

Arthur

Hey guys, just wanted to ask if anyone could point me in the right direction of upping my yeild.
ive completed 4 vaguely successful extractions the best of which had about 1% yeild.
i took a little break and ive started again, only im halfway through a 200g (split up into 50g jugs) extraction and i would be suprised if i had .3
I have used Noman's Tek with a 1.1.1.20 ratio ( i added more water because i have prepowdered bark) my method has not changed in between now and previous times Im not sure if i should name the supplier but they have a very good reputation on here with some reporting 2% yeild. The only thing i can think is that im more used to 400g extractions and the yeild looks small in comparison.

i used Wilkinson own brand caustic soda and both zippo lighter fluid and newport lighter fluid at first i thouight hte the yeild was the result of using newport lighter fuel, which i have suspected doesnt have much pulling power, i switched to zippo and the yeild is somewhat better but im still less than impressed.

Thanks for any help and its good to be back on the forum.

Joy
I is someone else

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

#2 Posted : 11/9/2010 5:30:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think 1% is a good yield. MHRB is quoted as having about 1% DMT. Personally I think most people who report a 2% yield either got lucky with great bark, or have pulled a load of fats etc with their spice. I could be wrong though.

Try using xylene for your last pull. That way you will get a few other active alks as well as DMT.

EDIT - BTW It's Nomans tek, not Normans. I made that mistake when I first read it as well!Laughing
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

DoingKermit
#3 Posted : 11/9/2010 7:10:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can you get rosonol lighter fluid? I have been meaning to test newport on a side by side extraction with rosonol but haven't had much time recently. 1% is a good yeild and i'm usually happy if i even get close to that after recrystallizing. Have you tried adding warm naphtha to the solution? You could stick the jar(s) in a hot water bath too. Make sure you don't use a gas stove with flames.

I think 1664 is right about yields over 1% usually contain plant fats making it heavier. Not saying it can't be done, but in my experience this has usually been the case.

Maybe switch to an A/B tek like Marsofold from the wiki. I'm planning to do my first AB soon to see if i get better results. Good luck Smile

glasseyed
#4 Posted : 11/13/2010 8:06:45 PM

Arthur

sorry i messed up there, 1% is my best yeild this one is probably like .3-.4%
although ill definately try the warm naptha/ water bath tips.
Where can someone in the UK get xylene or ronsonol?
Thanks for the responses

Joy
I is someone else

Madcap
#5 Posted : 11/14/2010 12:52:43 AM

illudium Q-36

you will increase yields by using a "heavier" solvent. Xylene or dlimo or toluene. What you will end up with may need more cleaning but you can be sure you didn't leave as much in the bark soup. You could further increase yield by doing a zinc reduction to reclaim any n-oxide that may be present.

hit search and/or wiki for the step by steps.... and be sure to try out the "full spectrum" before you go off purifying too much.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

glasseyed
#6 Posted : 11/21/2010 8:20:18 PM

Arthur

hey guys, looks like it was the solvent, cause im on the 5th go around and the pulls are similar size so it must be a lack of pulling power in the solvent ill look into the heavier solvent idea.

Joy
I is someone else