We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Advice on Caapi tea with DMT freebase Options

Once
#1 Posted : 11/8/2010 11:57:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone have experience with this combo?
I have been craving the DMT space lately, but I would like to combine it with Caapi lengthen the experience. I have plenty of caapi tea in the fridge, but only 100mg of Freebase DMT left. I've been using the Caapi in 50-75g doses, do ya'll think that maybe a lighter dose like 15-20g could provide some inhibition to lengthen the DMT experience? or do you think I would be better served taking the freebase orally with a larger caapi dose?

Thanks,
Once
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

olympus mon
#2 Posted : 11/9/2010 1:40:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

dmt salt and caapi are my current ayahuasca of choice. its very reliable and little guess work.

i dont think 15-20g caapi will give you much mao'i but it vary's from person to person. heres my 2 idea's.

considering your not short on the caapi, you could take a little less than your usual caapi dose maybe 40-50g and vape the spice from there causally until your at your desired place in hyperspace. keep in mind a little dmt freebase goes a long way with full inhibition. this suggestion will probably make your limited dmt go the furthest.

option 2- if you have a vaporizer you can vape caapi vine. i wouldn't smoke it but vaping fine caapi shreds isn't harsh at all. its actually quite pleasant and the effects are stronger than you would believe.

the caapi effects are strong but arent very long in duration about the same as a spice journey maybe a bit longer 20 min tops. thats not to say that the maoi doesn't last longer than the effects so it does add duration to dmt smoked but no where near as much as drinking caapi will.

i like to vape some caapi after a long day at work. its a real warm comforting feeling with a slight euphoric flavor that just feels so relaxing.Cool Cool

I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Once
#3 Posted : 11/9/2010 2:06:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Olympus,

I also have Caapi leaf available from my plants, I could do a leaf bed method with caapi leaf, or even a micro batch of Changa. I am yet to prepare changa and was hoping to wait till I had more spice around to experiment with. I like your idea of drinking a 40-50g dose of caapi and smoking micro doses, maybe I'll start with 10-15mg DMT. My Cielo brew has quite strong effects by itself and I think that 10-15mg could give me a nice jumpstart.
Thanks for your advice. Do you ever dose oral with your fumarate combined with caapi? It would seem to be easier to dose than Chacruna.

universecannon
#4 Posted : 11/9/2010 2:25:51 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Either or should work fine. But if you've been using 50-75g caapi I would just stick to a number around that area though, not 15-20g, and then dose some dmt orally and/or smoke some during it.
The first time i tried aya with dmt i drank around 50-80g of vine, then swallowed 100mgthh and 50mg dmt in a capsule with a bunch of holes poked in it, followed by a banana a half an hour later to get digestion going. The capsule wasn't really necessary but convenient. It worked very well though!

Good luck mate Very happy

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

olympus mon
#5 Posted : 11/9/2010 2:34:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

o man leaf is even better and your talking fresh leaves?!!!! leaves have 2 times as much beta carbolines as the vine so your stoked. just dry them out.

as far as using straight dmt orally yes that is my current chosen admixture when i drink ayahuasca. its so reliable and accurate i wish i went this route sooner. some folks like to keep things traditional but the more i drink the less that matters to me. i almost never vape dmt anymore.

also it might be easier and safer to load up maybe 30-40mg of freebase and just take it one hit at a time gently. i would think trying to re-load the vaporizer in 10mg doses repeatedly is going to get very difficult once you get rolling. inaccurate visual overestimation could get dicey with full maoi'and your not coming back for a while! Shocked

man your going to have a blast with fresh vine. be safe enjoy my brother.

universe cannon- that sounds like a great combination!Very happy wow must have been a doozy, no?

Once
#6 Posted : 11/9/2010 2:49:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks again guys for the great advice. Olympus, I don't find myself vaping hardly at all anymore either. I get anxious, and with as calming and serene as caapi feels it seems like a no brainer to keep her in the picture. I think I will mix about half my spice in with my caapi brew and maybe save the rest to vape with my fresh leaves sometime.
Hopefully this will clear up my dosing problems with aya, caapi has been great, but getting the chacruna right has been a bit of a chore. Thanks again guys.

Blessings,
Once

Once
#7 Posted : 11/9/2010 10:17:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WHOA man! Mixing in a little freebase really did the trick. I don't even know where to begin, I feel like I just read the encyclopedia. I felt emotions on such a deep level. I feel deep gratitude for all the people in my life who love me and have helped guide me. I was reminded of my responsibilities as citizen of life, and to show appreciation and respect for my brothers and sisters.
Thanks guys for your guidance, I couldn't have mixed more than 25-30mg DMT, and boy was it plenty. I strongly felt that the experience was influenced by some Bridgesii tea I drank on Sunday, and possibly the Cacao I enjoyed last night. Either way it was quite a cocktail. I needed this soooo bad, this medicine is amazing.
I have to say that I can understand more how people refer to ayahuasca as work. It wasn't all meditations on JOY (which was amazing), I felt the hurt and sadness that I have caused loved ones through my actions. I am ready now to take these lessons and set things right.
Sorry about the ramble, I'm still glowing and my fingers can't keep up with my thoughts, everytime I type something I remember something else.

Amazing Day!
Once

olympus mon
#8 Posted : 11/10/2010 4:55:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

THATS GREAT TO HEAR. MAN YOU INVIGORATED ME TO MAYBE DRINKING THIS WEEK. opps sorry caps.

going direct to straight dmt is a wonderful thing is it not?

universecannon
#9 Posted : 11/10/2010 5:10:04 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Awesome man! How much caapi did you end up using?

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Once
#10 Posted : 11/10/2010 2:10:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Olympus- Indeed going with Crystal for an admix is a wonderful thing. Good luck with your upcoming journeys.

Cannon- I ended up taking 40g of quite potent Cielo Caapi with 25-30mg of Freebase. This was plenty! I might even cut those numbers down a little seeing as how it was rather long and rather intense. I wouldn't trade my experience for anything, but perhaps I could be better served with a little less next time if you know what I mean. Maybe even 30g Cielo with 15-20mg DMT would be effective.

The experience lasted quite a while, I was peaking for just over two hours, with the onset of visions within the first 20-30min. Strong visions and emotions for two hours, and then more grounded waves of joy and gratitude for another two hours before I was ready to talk to my girlfriend or walk the dog. Really I am still feeling the effects now. Visions are still coming to me, like last night I remembered that my visions kicked of with a rather large technicolor serpent plunging into my chest! It sounds cliche almost, but then you look down and there it is pounding into my chest opening the channel for me to recieve these teachings.

Thanks again guys, you all helped steer me in a life changing direction! Good Karma for you!

Once

olympus mon
#11 Posted : 11/10/2010 4:51:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

once- did you take the dmt and caapi all together id did you wait 20 min before dosing the light? 2 hours is a long peak! this happens to me if i wait 30-45 min after caapi to take the dmt.
could you describe the difficult emotions in more detail?

its wonderful but very taxing these long peaks. i once had a 3 hour peak and i was completely drained after the whole 5 hour ordeal when i could finally move and talk. that's the only time i waited 90 min to add the light. it was way too long so i wont be trying that again.Laughing

Once
#12 Posted : 11/10/2010 5:11:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I took it all pretty much at once, I had the freebase mixed in with some OJ that I drank about 5 min after finishing my Caapi. Two hours was quite a long peak, at times I hoped to come down but it felt that Aya had some lessons for me that had to be learned. I was very drained by the end, it felt like being reborn, I even had the feeling of being inside an egg and coming down was like hatching.
As far as the emotions go, I began to think about my relationship with my Father and Grandmother, and some miscommunications that I need to straighten out. It made me very sad to think that people who love me so much might be hurt over something very silly. It was then that I really felt the love that my family has given me, and felt deep gratitude for the blessing of their care. I cried for their gifts to me, and vowed to repay them with, honesty, love, and respect. I looked around my apartment at the artwork of my Girlfriend and cried for her love and sat in awe of her artistic gifts. I thought about all the debts that I need to repay and the responsiblity that I owe to everyone around me.
I also felt joy, I mean that I really to my core down to my bones felt the pure essence of Joy. I meditated on the word and felt its rapturous meaning. Joy is a beautiful emotion, and I can only hope that others can experience it as I did yesterday. I was also visited by and eagle/hawk totem which appeared in order to help me with some neck pain. This is the third time that I have been visited by such a bird in my visions. It's funny too because I never have had a particular attraction to birds, but I do have large double headed thunderbird tattoo on my back. At the time the tattoo represented duality and balance, but perhaps my connection to the thunderbird/raven/hawk/eagle is deeper than I had imagined.
My visions were not as cosmic as with vaped freebase, I could really see how the DMT illuminates the caapi. It felt as if I was seeing the emotions that I was feeling, and that the colors and images where deepening my understanding of those emotions.
Beautiful experience, I have some work to do before I go back!

Once

BGTM236
#13 Posted : 11/13/2010 10:06:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

once and Olympus - how do you prepare your caapi brews? This is the next step I want to take, but im having a little difficulty finding a clear preparation for just caapi.

Also, Im a little confused. You guys are drinking freebase? I thought it had to be in salt form to have an effect orally.

obliguhl
#14 Posted : 11/13/2010 10:41:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One of the most famous recipies is to simply boil the caapi in water and a little vinegar ...3x3 hours. Then decant and reduce (do not reduce and THEN decant).

smoked freebase and caapi tea is a different experience than ayahuasca (in this case caapi+dmt orally). Smoking freebase at the end of an ayahuasca experience was interesting...it lasted perhaps 15 minutes and had a clear wave characteristica like mushrooms.

olympus mon
#15 Posted : 11/13/2010 8:08:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BGTM236 wrote:
once and Olympus - how do you prepare your caapi brews? This is the next step I want to take, but im having a little difficulty finding a clear preparation for just caapi.

Also, Im a little confused. You guys are drinking freebase? I thought it had to be in salt form to have an effect orally.

i just follow the standard 3x3 brew in the all about aya sticky. if i was to tell you what i do i would just be retyping the method so instead read it over again and feel free to ask me or others whats still not clear to you. just focus on the brewing part if the whole thread is confusing to you.

yes we are using freebase dmt but not drinking freebase, you just simply dissolve your freebase in a few drops of citric acid aka lemon juice and vwalla!!! dmt salt.

Once
#16 Posted : 11/14/2010 2:33:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I do three long simmers in a crock pot for my caapi. I'll put in the bark and a little vinegar in the morning and switch to the next wash and let it simmer over night in the crock pot on low and so on. Next, I filter the washes, do a protien binding with egg-white, and then reduce.
As far as the Freebase goes, this was my first time administering orally with caapi tea (although I have done Pharma with Caapi Copy several times), I just mixed in the DMT with some OJ and used it as a chaser for my Cielo shots. I'm not sure, but with vinegar added to the caapi as earlier step, perhaps the caapi itself would be acidic enough to convert the freebase to salt. Anyway, Olympus suggested this method to me and it worked like crazy! Good luck.

Once

jbark
#17 Posted : 11/14/2010 2:40:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
Then decant and reduce (do not reduce and THEN decant).

Uh-oh... Why not...?

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

obliguhl
#18 Posted : 11/14/2010 1:38:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Because its weaker this way. I cannot say wether this theory is sound or not:

All actives are in solution if you brew with lots of water. If you cool it down, or reduce, the water cannot hold the actives in solution, they drop out as sediment. If you now decant, you are decanting the Tannins AND the actives. So its propably better to do an egg white cleanup, or decant only a bit before reducing.

Still trying to figure things out, so take this with a grain of salt.

All i know is, that a 50g well decanted brew did as much as a 5g brew with sediments to me.

jbark
#19 Posted : 11/14/2010 2:03:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had read that sediment was bad, and quite possibly the source of stomach discomfort and largely responsible for purging, so i filtered through an unbleached coffee filter before reducing AND after...Embarrased

I hope I didn't rob myself of any alkoloids...Crying or very sad

JBArk the newer brewer

JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

obliguhl
#20 Posted : 11/14/2010 2:08:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is...because of the tannins! You can expect a much gentler experience stomach wise. So even though something might be lost, there is also something gained. In my experience, less nausea, mean that you can concentrate more on the experience itself.

Just try the brew. Maybe you are reacting differently to it. Ayahuasca is strange and i guess everyone has to find their own ways of doing it. So don't be sad and go into the experience with joy and an open mind.

12NEXT