We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Taita Juan ayahuascero on trial Options

turtleman29
#1 Posted : 11/8/2010 11:25:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Guys sorry I've been out of the loop for a long time but I get these emails from reality sandwich and usually I have been too busy to read them except for this one that talked of an arrested ayahuascero named Taita Juan who is being held on possesion and intention to distribute schedule 1 substance.

I don't know if this has already been posted and probably someone on here knows more about it than I do but it seems pretty damn pertinent to the CEL. Heres the link

http://www.freetaitajuan.org/

If this has been addressed before sorry for bringing it up and I'm not sure what we can do for this guy but I guess discussion of his situation is at least important.

Peace and Love Brothers and Sisters.
Anything posted by this member should be treated as the hypothetical ideas of a crazed turtle/man and should not be taken seriously, ever.

Quote:
The cost of sanity, in this society, is a certain level of alienation.

Terence McKenna

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Phantastica
#2 Posted : 11/8/2010 11:30:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

received an email from Maya about this as well. I'm so glad you addresses this issue. Thank you for spreading awarenessSmile
edit*
Quote:
What You Can Do

There are many actions you can take to help Taita:

Donate. “Free Taita Juan” is the only official site accepting secure donations to support Taita Juan and his family during this grave time. Your commitment of support will help ensure that Taita Juan receives the qualified legal representation he needs to win back his freedom.

Provide Housing for Taita in Houston. We are seeking Houston residents who can agree to house Taita Juan during his legal process as soon as we make bail. You will need to provide an address and phone number for the court. Please contact us at contact@freetaitajuan.org if you can provide housing assistance.

Send Case Studies on Ayahuasca as a Spiritual Tradition. We are collecting relevant studies related to the religious and spiritual content of of Ayahuasca sessions. This documentation of Ayahuasca in the context of its religious use will be presented by Taita’s attorney to the prosecutor in order to ask that the case be dismissed on the grounds of Taita’s rights to freedom of religion. Case studies can be sent via email to contact@freetaitajuan.org.

Write Letters to Taita Juan. Show your support to our Taita Juan by writing a personal letter. Please note that as of 10/28/10 Taita Juan was transferred out of Joe Corley Detention Center. Letters can be addressed to him at the Houston Federal Detention Center at:

Juan Agreda Chindoy, #71596279

P.O. Box 526255

Houston, TX 77052
<3

d*l*b
#3 Posted : 11/17/2010 10:33:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Charges dropped!
Quote:
Charges Against Taita Juan Dropped! (Nov 16th)
It is with great joy in our hearts that we write to update our community with news that the criminal charges against Taita Juan have been dropped as of today, November 16, 2010. At some point within the next couple of days, the court will begin the process of transferring Taita Juan out of prison and into the immigration authorities who will make arrangements for his return to Colombia. We will have more details by the end of today, in the meantime thank you again for keeping this prayer alive and strong. We did it!

http://www.freetaitajuan.org
D × V × F > R

Phantastica
#4 Posted : 11/17/2010 10:58:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AWESOME!!!Very happy Very happy Very happy
<3

jaguar
#5 Posted : 11/17/2010 10:58:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

d*l*b wrote:
Charges dropped!
Quote:
Charges Against Taita Juan Dropped! (Nov 16th)
It is with great joy in our hearts that we write to update our community with news that the criminal charges against Taita Juan have been dropped as of today, November 16, 2010. At some point within the next couple of days, the court will begin the process of transferring Taita Juan out of prison and into the immigration authorities who will make arrangements for his return to Colombia. We will have more details by the end of today, in the meantime thank you again for keeping this prayer alive and strong. We did it!

http://www.freetaitajuan.org

That is definitely THE best news I read today!

Wow, that is so wonderful!

jamie
#6 Posted : 11/17/2010 11:10:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yeah that is really great news!..im so happy for him!Very happy
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#7 Posted : 11/17/2010 11:10:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yeah that is really great news!..im so happy for him!Very happy
Long live the unwoke.

universecannon
#8 Posted : 11/18/2010 12:29:10 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Orion
#9 Posted : 11/18/2010 2:41:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Theres hope yet!
Excellent news.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

burnt
#10 Posted : 11/18/2010 8:48:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Its great for him and others who may one day be in similar situation! It also sets a great precedent. But there is still a lot of work to do to ensure that others have the right to use plant based substances whether for religious or personal purposes.

Apoc
#11 Posted : 11/19/2010 6:57:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

And it's good that not only was he released, he was released fairly quickly. No holding for years during litigation.