We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Why some need 1g of mimosa, others need 100g? Options

moyshekapoyre
#1 Posted : 11/6/2010 7:02:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This is just a question that's been bugging me. I think erowid says the recommended dosage is like 25 to 50g. I've definitely found that for me, less than 50g doesn't blast me off into hyerspace, so I think erowid is right for me.

Yet others here say that ONE gram of MHRB is all they need to blast off (or are they not talking about blasting off?). Finally, everyone I know personally has had no luck blasting off even with 50g and even with 100g (redosing after 1hr)!

I always use about 200mg caapi copy. Maybe if I use more caapi, I'd have to use less MHRB? Hm...

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 11/6/2010 7:18:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

50g???? Shocked Shocked
I gram is enough for me to have mild visuals and a nice tryptamine buzz usually..with a full dose of caapi behind it I can achieve full visionary states..but its not like smoking DMT..its like ayahuasca..

I find it odd when people talk about blasting off with ayahuasca..ayahuasca is NOT like that..not for me anyway..its way different and a DMT breakthrough is not what I shoot for..the caapi visions for one thing will augment the visionary nature of the DMT so much that its more liek reaistic dream sequences that can resemble amaringo paintings more than vaped DMT(and changa)..

Vaping DMT itslef at the peak of ayahuasca with a solid caapi dose is not exactly like smoking on its own..and I dont shoot for a typical breakthrough when I smoke with aya either..because ayahuasca space is sooo relevant and healing I only want to boost the brew..too much DMT is like a blinding light that chaotically drowns out the caapi spirit..the caapi spirit will still be there but it will be like yelling across a canyon at the thing instead of sitting face to face with her quietly chatting.

The most mimosa I took was about 5 grams with 50g of caapi, maybe a bit more..but it was definatily enough for me..that was up there with like 5 grams of cyanescenes..

I wouls say if yu need 50g of mimosa, or MOREShocked ..try using real caapi and not caapi copy, and raise the dose until you get into the caapi space..ayahuasca is based on caapi space..the admixtures are like candle lit torches you take into that space..

You should reach a point with caapi where you will achieve full visionary states with ONLY caapi, and no admixture at all..it is way different from a DMT breakthrough. This is something I find alot of when it comes to the community of pharmahuasca users..the focus seems to be more on oral activation of DMT and having a longer version of smoked DMT..which is fine, but just not my experience of ayahuasca.

Keep in mind also that 50g of mimosa can contain 1 gram of DMT..that is way way too much I think to be needing..maybe the brewing is off or the bark you have is just very very very week..
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#3 Posted : 11/6/2010 7:22:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
There are severall ways in wich you can use MHRB and quality of the stuff varies a bit as well.

-If you have powdered mimosa rootbark, than you would probably need less of it than if you have just chips of it.
-If you boil it in hot water, you need less than if you make a cold water infusion.
-If you take a mimosa CWE without harmala's, you will need extremely large amounts to get anywhere near what ayahuasca can do.

moyshekapoyre
#4 Posted : 11/6/2010 7:39:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have had MHRB from various vendors. It all seems to be about the same potency in my limited experience with it. In every case I need 50g to really blast off. I know that means 500mg of DMT which is 10x what one would need if it were extracted, but I've read this is pretty standard (via erowid)... for some reason you just need less of stuff when it is extracted, I guess. ALTHOUGH let me state that I have attempted various supposedly fool-proof extractions (some food-safe, some not), and what I've extracted has been almost completely worthless (both vaping it and ingesting post-RIMA), so perhaps I am just a retard.

I will try just the caapi copy and see if that gives me visions. If it doesn't, I guess I will have to order the actual vine. I also have syrian rue seeds here. I have done 3g of rue ground up in tea or in capsules and they seem to give me the same effects as 200mg of caapi copy, though again, I've never done the harmalines without DMT as of yet, so I really don't know what is producing the effects.

One odd thing, not sure if you have experienced anything like this, but the last time I did a full dose of aya, I was seemingly getting really into it, not yet OEVs but def. hearing things and intense CEVS, and then the spirits told me to contact this girl that came over with her (now ex-)bf to do aya with me the other week. They told me not to continue with the trip but rather to get up and call her. Of course I didn't have her # so I had to call a friend for it, and they were like, why? I said because the ayahuasca told me to, that's why. They were very skeptical. I finally did get to speak with her. She was kind of off-put by me calling her out of the blue, though she did mention that she wanted to try aya again (this time alone).

I think the thing is that I feel very lonely, because I am the only one I know that has experienced ayahuasca/hyperspace. I really can't wait until I have a friend (and esp. a girlfriend) who has experienced what I have experienced.

olympus mon
#5 Posted : 11/6/2010 7:52:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

moyshekapoyre wrote:
and then the spirits told me to contact this girl that came over with her (now ex-)bf to do aya with me the other week. They told me not to continue with the trip but rather to get up and call her. Of course I didn't have her # so I had to call a friend for it, and they were like, why? I said because the ayahuasca told me to, that's why. They were very skeptical. I finally did get to speak with her. She was kind of off-put by me calling her out of the blue, though she did mention that she wanted to try aya again (this time alone).

i was once told that my dog was the physical manifestation of God and she necassary for reality to exist. i was her caretaker and was instructed to confirm this information by a meeting with a casual friend/client of mine and my dog.

im am thankful i decided not to do this no matter how real it felt. it would have been highly inappropriate and embarrassing not to mention i highly doubt my dog is God. she's rad but most likely not the all mighty!Laughing

my point being this. its good it worked out well for you but maybe its not the best idea to have told poeple you need her number because ayahuasca told you too. not many would understand this and i could see it raising concerns for both of you.

see below attachment for current image of God.Laughing
olympus mon attached the following image(s):
.jpg (176kb) downloaded 451 time(s).
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

moyshekapoyre
#6 Posted : 11/6/2010 8:13:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the advice olympus. i think i have somewhat of a filter on the aya... i mean if it told me that a dog was god, well, i prob. wouldn't take that seriously. but when it tells me to contact someone and befriend them, or to try substitute teaching, well those sound fairly innocuous so i may or may not give them a try. hopefully i haven't offended the aya spirits by ignoring them on occasion. as for being careless and telling my friends the aya told me to do it, well, they already knew i was doing the aya so it would be hard to tell them that it had nothing to do with that. i live with them...

olympus mon
#7 Posted : 11/6/2010 10:37:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

moyshekapoyre wrote:
hopefully i haven't offended the aya spirits by ignoring them on occasion. as for being careless and telling my friends the aya told me to do it, well, they already knew i was doing the aya so it would be hard to tell them that it had nothing to do with that. i live with them...

i dont think thats possible to offend any spirit by filtering like you said. as anyone who uses these substances long enough realizes you get information that cant possibly be true as well as information that completely contradicts the previous message from the "spirits". the hard part is knowing what to believe and what not to.

ive defiantly learned a long time ago to watch what i say in certain company. what is common thinking for us can really freak out regular society.

i hope you find a special someone to share your passions of exploration with.

polytrip
#8 Posted : 11/6/2010 11:07:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Olympus, you've just managed to completely convert me to monodogistic olympic barfhood. Where can we start worshipping this supreme omnipotent creature of yours?

proto-pax
#9 Posted : 11/6/2010 11:08:57 PM

bird-brain

olympus mon wrote:
ive defiantly learned a long time ago to watch what i say in certain company. what is common thinking for us can really freak out regular society.

No kidding! We fearless freaks are verifiable pariahs...
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

olympus mon
#10 Posted : 11/6/2010 11:17:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
Olympus, you've just managed to completely convert me to monodogistic olympic barfhood. Where can we start worshipping this supreme omnipotent creature of yours?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
well currently she is laying by my side licking her genitals and its quite annoying sounding. But hey when your God ya gota keep your junk clean i guess!

ms_manic_minxx
#11 Posted : 11/7/2010 9:26:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sometimes more than 3g of decent Mimosa cooked properly can be WAY TOO MUCH... 100g would have to be for coldwater extraction, because the physical results, if you could even ingest that much, would be reckless, nonsensical, and dangerous. Shocked I'd strongly, strongly, strongly advise against 10g prepared properly. Anxiety and thoughts of going to ER, certainly...
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

endlessness
#12 Posted : 11/7/2010 10:05:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

100g mimosa orally with MAOI?!?!?

there's something horribly wrong there, as everybody said, it should never ever need to be more than 10g, more commonly it should be like 3g... I once took 9g without knowing (I followed the recipe in 'food of the gods'Pleased and I had my ass SERIOUSLY kicked, and im usually very tolerant to psychedelics, my metabolism is very fast so I require bigger doses. But 9g was too much, I was glued in bed for hours getting bombarded with fractal lasers from outer space, desiring so bad for just a glass of water that was a few meters away but I couldnt move.

How are you preparing your mimosa and where is it from?

moyshekapoyre
#13 Posted : 11/7/2010 7:16:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok so you are confirming that I am doing something wrong. Well, I got it from maya-ethnobotanicals one time, then another time I got it from someone on ecrater, then another time from some other ethnobotanicals site, maybe shamansgarden. I've never ordered directly from Adenium or whatever that site is people talk about, though now I wish I had, since I was basically getting ripped off by all these resellers. I wonder if the stuff from Adenium is really that much more potent?

The way I prepared it was just boil it for an hour, then decant, then boil again w/more water, decant, boil again with more water, then boil the resulting water down to a syrup-like viscosity and 30 minutes after ingesting 200mg caapi copy, ingest the 100ml or so of resulting MHRB liquid (it tastes GOD AWFUL!!!). I may or may not throw up after that. Usually I do. It doesn't seem to matter though. I always get the experience, which is dose dependent. I've tried 10g MHRB and it puts me in some kind of inner-infinity where I feel telepathic with everyone in my life. I need a lot more to get blasted off into hyperspace. Maybe up to 50g, that's the only high dose I've tried so far and I know that works realllly well. But for my friends, absolutely no effects have been felt even at 100g MHRB, same exact stuff I had, yet it did nothing. For one of them, though, once she got home, hours later, it started kicking in and she had some OEVs, like paintings were morphing and stuff, but not much else. Perhaps you have to be in your own home, in your room, alone, for it to work, at least the first time?

I've read that a lot of people have great trouble getting any effects from aya until they do it many many times. I've noticed that even when it is taking me really strong, if I get up, it stops. Not like other drugs that you have no control over, I imagine (I've not really done many others yet except pot, iboga, tarragon, mushrooms, etc).

Anyway do people think I need more RIMA or do you think the problem is low-quality MHRB? I guess I will find out eventually on my own...

obliguhl
#14 Posted : 11/7/2010 7:54:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Friend, the power is in the ayahuasca. Brew a strong batch and try with extracted spice so you can control at least one dose. Start with say 30mg fumarates and go up from there. 100g mimosa ...that is ridiciolous. There are three possibilitys if your brewing tecchnique is sound:

1. You are immune to dmt

2. You're drinking not enough ayahuasca

3. Mimosa is weak (unlikely)

BananaForeskin
#15 Posted : 11/7/2010 8:37:19 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

I honestly think that the issue is more likely that your MAO isn't inhibited entirely, or something like this. To my knowledge, 200mg of caapi copy or 3g of rue are fairly minimal MAOI dosages. If you were to try real ayahuasca, you might want to experiment with 50g caapi and 2g mimosa prepared via The Herbal Percolator. Or upping the caapi copy, I suppose. Also look into tannin binding, there are some good threads on here about that.

But do make sure, when experimenting with more ideal techniques, not to do it with high dosages of mimosa. Hopefully you'll be on the 1g train soon enough
¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

moyshekapoyre
#16 Posted : 11/7/2010 9:15:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl: my problem is that I must suck at extracting dmt because it never seems to be very active at all for me once i've extracted it. then again, i've only been doing maybe 50mg-100mg of dmt whereas 50g of MHRB that I do has 500mg of dmt, so maybe the spice was there i just didn't do near as much as I usually do.

BananaForeskin... so with 1g or 2g mimosa (which is 5 to 20mg dmt), you get to hyperspace, seeing all of the universe at once, etc.? I will def. have to try more harmalas then.

hydrocarbon
#17 Posted : 11/7/2010 9:50:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you tried double dosing the MAOI?

EX: Take 3g of syrian rue. One hour later, take 3g syrian rue + 20g MHRB tea.
Hydrocarbon is indeed a real person existing in real time. However, Hydrocarbon is actually a proxy for another individual, Nemano, that lives outside the realm of current Terran laws and regulations. All posts made by Hydrocarbon in which "I", "me", and other references to himself are the voice of Nemano speaking digitally through Hydrocarbon. Any illicit, immoral, or otherwise questionable behavior that Hydrocarbon appears to be admitting to are actually the actions of Nemano.

Occasionally, Hydrocarbon has been known to inject his twisted sense of humor into Nemano's words, but anything stated that was particularly witty or insightful was most likely not the result of Hydrocarbon's intellect.

moyshekapoyre
#18 Posted : 11/8/2010 12:50:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

thanks hydrocarbon, i will try that. though 20g still sounds like way more than other people here are talking about... but then again some people are being vague about the experience they are seeking. i really only do it to get into hyperspace (i assume we all have the same def. of that word).

jamie
#19 Posted : 11/8/2010 1:01:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

moyshekapoyre wrote:
so with 1g or 2g mimosa (which is 5 to 20mg dmt), you get to hyperspace, seeing all of the universe at once, etc.? I will def. have to try more harmalas then.

2% is not abnormal..1% seems low honestly from my experince..so that is from 20-40mg with 1-2 g mimosa at 2%..keep that in mind..1% yields are a reflection of naptha extractions..
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#20 Posted : 11/8/2010 1:09:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

moyshekapoyre wrote:
thanks hydrocarbon, i will try that. though 20g still sounds like way more than other people here are talking about... but then again some people are being vague about the experience they are seeking. i really only do it to get into hyperspace (i assume we all have the same def. of that word).

Ayahusca is caapi based, and caapi space is the main focus it would seem of traditional ayahuasca. It IS NOT the same as smoking and never takes me to the same hyperspace as smoking, because the caapi is soo active already and augments the experience. Yes it can be somewhat similar but also very different. WIth minimal mao inhibition and sufficient DMT it will be more like smoking, but when you take a full dose of ayahuasca vine it is already visionary and produces very meaningful dream sequences and OBE type experiences..all you need is a small dose of DMT to lighten up the visions of the ayahuasca. What is so vague about that?

If all you want out of ayahuasca is hyperspace than once you do get into ayauasca hyperspace you might be in for more than you are barganing for..most of the time it is not fun at all at that level and no ammount of getting up and walking around seems to just make it stop.

20g IS still a huge dose..and like others said I would never ever suggest any person go above 10g with a full dose of caapi..odds are you are more tolerant to the harmalas then you are to the DMT. 5 grams of mimosa can contain anywhere from 50-100mg of fullrange DMT, and with a fully active dose of caapi that should be enough.

Noone here is trying to be vague, just trying to save you a trip to the ER becasue you ingested up to 2 grams of DMT etc..
Long live the unwoke.

12NEXT