We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Awkward question from daughters science teacher Options

Kerberos
#1 Posted : 11/4/2010 9:40:55 PM

Michael

OK, SWIM and AFOAF were doing there first extraction (NOMANS TEK)and were admiring and discussing the crystals from their first filtration while talking about the method used to obtain said crystals, unbeknown to them SWIM's 11 year old daughter had been listening in to their conversation on the pretense of needing a drink. "What you talking about DAD?" etc.. "Erm... making crystals, why aren't you in bed?!" etc..

Problem being SWIM's daughter has mentioned this to her science teacher and said teacher as asked for DAD to write down what he was doing!?Shocked could be checking on daughters welfare so this i can understand. My question and help i need is what can i say that will explain what SWIM was doing to satisfy this curiosity?

Answers gratefully received (please)

Kerberos
and when the world stops
you will find me there
waiting to embrace you

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 11/4/2010 9:53:28 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Here you go:

Grow Crystals

Read yourself up with that, choose a nice method and read up with it so you can explain in explain in detail how to grow some crystals yourself, make a print of that same method and go in person to that teacher and explain that you understand her concerns but that there is nothing to worry about. Show her the print out and ask if she got any advices for it herself.

This one is a great subsection of that site: http://chemistry.about.c...quickcrystalprojects.htm

And this one makes it even better: Magic rocks!

I think it might actually be a lot of fun to make that yourself and include your daughter in that project too. Very happy

Kind regards,

The Traveler

ouro
#3 Posted : 11/4/2010 10:05:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe just give the teacher some homemade rock candy instead of a write up? I think its pretty silly to actually do this "homework assignment" your daughters teacher gave you, but I always thought most homework assignments were pretty silly.

BenevolentSon
#4 Posted : 11/4/2010 10:21:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rofl awkward is a understatement. That shits hilarious, in a serious way of course Razz

Kerberos
#5 Posted : 11/4/2010 10:50:40 PM

Michael

To the Traveler: thank you the "cup of crystal needles" done in the fridge will fit in quite nicely thank you. i have also been given some copper sulphate so will be doing a little project with the daughter for her to take into school.

To ouro: i don't think it is a homework assignment as such, more a check on what DAD is up to! (excuse me a moment i think social services are at the door)

To benevolentson: while your comments were absolutely no use whatsoever, i am glad my situation made you laugh and to be perfectly honest i was laughing myself, right up to the moment she told me about the teachers comments!Embarrased

Thank you for all the advice and support, Kerberos
and when the world stops
you will find me there
waiting to embrace you

BenevolentSon
#6 Posted : 11/4/2010 11:21:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hehehehe Razz

Ice House
#7 Posted : 11/5/2010 1:19:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Kerberos wrote:
could be checking on daughters welfare so this i can understand. My question and help i need is what can i say that will explain what SWIM was doing to satisfy this curiosity?

I think The Traveler provided some great options for you. You should definately be able to work something out with that wealth of info.

On a more cynical note. Whats the reason your daughter's teacher is checking on her welfare?

Why do you need to explain anything to the teacher? Techers dont run your house hold.

Satisfy the teachers curiosity? Tell the teacher to mind her own business.

Crystal? Swarovski crystal, Quartz crystal, Crystal clear, Crystal Anderson, Crystal clear water, Crystal Springs Florida, Crystal Mountain, Crystal Clear, Waterford crystal, Crystal Champaigne.....................................

Really? Do you REALLY have to explain this? Do you REALLY feel you need to? Really?
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Ash
#8 Posted : 11/5/2010 3:18:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

-

#9 Posted : 11/5/2010 3:21:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ice House wrote:
Why do you need to explain anything to the teacher? Techers dont run your house hold.

Satisfy the teachers curiosity? Tell the teacher to mind her own business.

Teachers can have quite a lot of power if they believe a childs welfare may be threatened. I doubt this would go any further, but you can't be too careful. If they found out you were "manufacturing drugs" in the house you lived in with your daughter, that would be an extremely bad thing for you.
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

Ice House
#10 Posted : 11/5/2010 4:51:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Ash wrote:
They have to right to be suspicious for the welfare of the child in that kind of situation.

I agree with this. If a child is coming to school exhibiting signs of physical or mental neglect or abuse definately.

If a child,(an 11 year old), comes to school saying something about her father saying something about crystals?

Thats not grounds for an intrusion or invasion into ones personal life.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Autodidactic
#11 Posted : 11/5/2010 10:52:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey man, I would get and keep anything you have that might be illegal in the house out of the house. If they contact child protective services or even the police you don't want to have anything at all in the house. Her teacher probably thinks you are cooking meth or something.
*The above text represents a fictional alter ego, none of it is based on the experiences of a real person.*

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." Oscar Wilde

Phantastica
#12 Posted : 11/6/2010 1:02:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i agree with ouro that you should just send the teacher an actual crystal as a gift (not spice ofcourse), because doing a write-up for her teacher is what's really sketchy. it makes it seem like you're trying to hide something; because if in reality you weren't extracting drugs, and were clean, then you couldn't care less about the dumbass teacher asking for a write-up. So yea, like mentioned, satisfy her curiosity, but don't go out of your way for it because that would make it suspicious.
And btw, if i were you, i would keep my house entirely clean, and not have any drugs or chemicals on me for at least a month. Be careful, cuz if your daughter told her about crystals, and "funky smelling" chemicals, then you have something to worry about. best of luck, and let us know how it goes
<3

Kerberos
#13 Posted : 11/6/2010 2:02:50 PM

Michael

Update:
First thank you for all the reply's even though some of them have made me even more paranoid than beforeCrying or very sad

there are now 2 teachers involved in this situation! I think said daughter has been trying to impress her teachers, the way children do, about her dad and his interest in science. Luckily teacher number 2 has been giving advice to daughter about how to grow bigger crystalsShocked

I think that the majority of the advice along the lines of subtlety and not an all out science report is very sound and is the way i will be playing this, especially in light of teacher number 2's comments.

To Phantastica: i will be taking the route of sending in a crystal, copper sulfate.

To Autodidactic and Ash: Cooking meth is not something that would automatically spring to mind for the vast majority of people in this part of the world, but your comments are quite valid and all chemicals have been put in there respective places ie under the sink and in the shed with the paint!

To Ice House: said daughter could never be mistaken for having signs of physical or mental neglect (though i could be accused of mental abuse on occasion along the lines of "you look like your mother"Pleased

Thank you all for your advice, as a side note i will be writing an extraction report and first experiences with the Spice as soon as my nerves have settled.
Kerberos

now i have to do is remove all history off my computer and set up Truecrypt)

and when the world stops
you will find me there
waiting to embrace you

proto-pax
#14 Posted : 11/6/2010 4:27:59 PM

bird-brain

Yeah, just go about this with a cool head, people (including myself) have gotten out of stickier situations by remaining calm.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

ms_manic_minxx
#15 Posted : 11/7/2010 9:32:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is intense. I wish you the best! Do keep us updated... for your own wellbeing... and for the community... There are so many things to be aware of... Shocked
Some things will come easy, some will be a test