We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT and Stomach Effects Options

gratefulfloyd
#1 Posted : 11/1/2010 8:31:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So the last few times I have dabbled in the spice I feel like my stomach ties up in knots and then I have to go take an epic poop. Seriously there is nothing worse then getting ready to blast off and about to take that last hit and then you have to run to the bathroom tripping hard, and you end up sitting on the toilet taking the most intense deuce of your life while having a sub-breakthrough experience.... Anyone else get these feelings? I think I may just need to fast for some sort of time before using the spice.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

burnt
#2 Posted : 11/1/2010 9:03:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Hahahahhahaha. Thats funny. But yes SWIM always tries to make sure all bodily functions are calm before partaking. In other words shit first trip later.

ouro
#3 Posted : 11/1/2010 9:35:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

and they say dmt has no medical uses... what about a laxative?

That makes perfect sense though. Most serotonin in the body regulates how quickly your gut passes food matter. A mole that mimics serotonin would presumably speed up digestion quite a bit. I'm no doctor, but I think when your digestion is overloaded and the serotonin keeps on coming you get a gag reflex, which explains the nausea many people get from compounds with serotonin activity.

Trickster
#4 Posted : 11/2/2010 9:11:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

gratefulfloyd wrote:
.... Anyone else get these feelings? I think I may just need to fast for some sort of time before using the spice.

Happens regularly after a good cup of tea, even after a day or two of fasting.

Gagging and retching after inhalation also happens often.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

Ice House
#5 Posted : 11/2/2010 11:02:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

wow, that sucks. poop before you voyage
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

corpus callosum
#6 Posted : 11/2/2010 11:18:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Im sure some Nexians suffer from irritable bowel syndrome which can either cause constipation or precipitous bowel evacuation, plus all the other symptoms.Serotonin is felt to play a major part in producing many gastrointestinal manifestations of this ailment, so its not a surprise that 'playing' with your gut 5HT receptors can cause an urgent desire to open the bowels.Heres a great article, albeit slightly dated, which covers gut effects/5HT very nicely:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih....pmc/articles/PMC1574906/
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

jbark
#7 Posted : 11/2/2010 11:31:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

coffee is my laxative, and my GF just has to smell pot and she's off making smells of her own... Never had the urge on spice though... Call it your own private spice route!!Very happy

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

gratefulfloyd
#8 Posted : 11/3/2010 1:05:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you think that it may be because I sometimes get nervous before going on a voyage? Also I notice it more when I've been eating shitty food like dominos pizza within the day I do it. It honestly feels like when I smoke a cig during the day after a coffee, I just gotta go doodoo.

DMTripper
#9 Posted : 11/3/2010 1:14:09 AM

John Murdoch IV

Ice House wrote:
wow, that sucks. poop before you voyage

What I wanted to say Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Felnik
#10 Posted : 11/3/2010 1:20:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I always try to keep the crappy food to a minimum at least a day before a journey. Especially the day of, i avoid coffee and as much junky crap as possible. sometimes its hard to do but the payoff is worth all the trouble. thats the first level of commitment for me.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

gratefulfloyd
#11 Posted : 11/3/2010 1:26:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I try to do so as well, but sometimes you cant say no to free pizza (even though you should), I'll just keep it in mind to eat light on days when I voyage.