We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
throat thing Options

polytrip
#1 Posted : 6/30/2008 5:59:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
tryptamines always give me a strange feeling in my throat, especially when they just begin to work. I have this with every tryptamine, except with ayahuasca. Am i the only one who has this and could anybody explain what causes this strange sensation?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 6/30/2008 6:26:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

magic clown
#3 Posted : 7/1/2008 12:33:14 AM

aka Slap Stick Sam

No this is not anxiety. That "throat thing" is your tryptamine alert. Everyone has one, and each persons alert is peculiar to that individual. It comes on really fast within 5-10 minutes of eatting mushrooms or LSD etc. long before you actualy get afect and come up on whatever compound you have taken. Some people get a warm flush some people get a cold flush, some people get breathless, others get a tingleing sensation on some part of the body. For me, my finger tips swell. Or at least they feel swollen. Your alert is with you for life, get used to it. It is your friend.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

burnt
#4 Posted : 7/1/2008 9:26:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

SWIM gets the yawn. thats when SWIM knows the acid is going to work Razz

obliguhl
#5 Posted : 7/1/2008 10:09:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's pretty interesting, thanks! Heard about "the yawn" but didn't know it has to do with some sort of alert.

lorax
#6 Posted : 8/6/2008 10:53:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

to clear this up.. i've had this feeling as well. i think it comes from skin(outer as well as inner) beeing oversensitive. your throat gets more sensitive to the touch so you start feeling the saliva flowing down your throat. which is usually a feeling so normal that you dont even notice it. but when you get more sensitive to everything you start feeling it. i usually chew some fresh mint leaves whenever this feeling gets on my nerves. it usually leaves me with a refreshed feeling - have you ever noticed how fun it can be brushing your teeth on psychedelics? i feel like a new person after ive cleaned my mouth. i brush my teeth often during mushroom use. mushrooms produce a sort of slime that crawls up ones throat to strangle the brain Smile -brushing my teeth fights it off for a bit.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)