We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"Best" method for the first time? Options

astralpixels
#1 Posted : 10/31/2010 6:06:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys I have a question that's kind of been a key point in me not having tried DMT yet. I know there isn't a best method in taking DMT, because it's different for everyone, but what method of taking DMT would you suggest to someone who hasn't had much experience with psychedelics?

I'd been first introduced to the world of DMT via mp3's and videos (which i just so happened to get from Nexus, thanks) of Terence Mckenna's experiences, so naturally I had imagined my first attempt would be smoking DMT in crystallized form. However the idea of extracting it has always kept me on the edge, because I fear I might mess up the process with the little knowledge I know about chemistry. Changa and Ayahusaca on the other hand seem a bit easier and more natural to work with, but I don't exactly know too much about it to say for sure.

I feel psychologically ready (but really how ready can you be for hyperspace) but I'm having trouble deciding on which method to use for my first time. What would you guys suggest for a newbie: Changa? Crystalized DMT? Some form of Ayahuasca?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

gratefulfloyd
#2 Posted : 10/31/2010 7:34:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

First of all an extraction is really not too hard, follow the directions and nothing will go wrong. You do understand that changa is freebase (what you call crystalized) nnDMT that is infused with MAOIs and other ethnobotanicals.... Anyways I have no say on what is better between the three, I have not yet tried Aya but from my experiences with changa and regular freebase I would recommend Changa. Both are very good but I feel like the freebase experience comes on too quick and may frighten a first timer....even though that is what I had my first time.

gratefulfloyd
#3 Posted : 10/31/2010 7:42:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like stb the most, noman's tek is wonderful.

BananaForeskin
#4 Posted : 10/31/2010 8:18:34 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Yeh, astralpixels, gratefulfloyd is right in saying that a tek isn't hard to follow. Like building a model tank, the very first time you look at the instructions it may seem confusing, but once you try to figure it out you realize it's all quite simple. For instance, q21q21's tek is basically this:

Put powdered mimosa in jar. Add x amount of vinegar. Keep warm.
After a while, mix in x amount of lime.
Wait a bit.
Swirl some naptha up in it.
Pour off naptha into separate jar.
Repeat naptha wash a couple times.
Put naptha jar in freezer.
Voila! Freebase DMT.

The wiki entry just has quantity specifics and pictures. And some other options. You don't need chem knowledge to do this.

Aaaand.... changa is god. Straight up. Some people like freebase, but in all honesty there is NEVER any time when I wouldn't rather smoke changa. Same goes for all of my friends.

As a first time, though, ayahuasca/ayahaoma is a fine choice; simply remember that you're in it for a few hours. It's much more of a dedicated spirit quest. Personally I find it more colourful and more manageable, in some ways, and if you've been reading Terence know that I found ayahaoma (rue+mimosa) to be much more like classical descriptions of DMT than smoked ever did. It's really up to you. I took ayahaoma the first time, before I'd smoked. Didn't regret it. It depends on whether you want to stick your toe in, or go off the deep end.

¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

olympus mon
#5 Posted : 10/31/2010 8:37:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

o man i almost fell off my chair when i read "Ayahusaca on the other hand seem a bit easier" Laughing

from an inside point of view i feel ayahuasca has so many variables that it usually quite frustrating and difficult for most people getting started. read up in the aya forum and you will see endless amounts of " failed attepmts" with ayahuasca.
its not that its actually that difficult, i mean shit its just boiling stuff.... but everyone seems to have issues including myself. i nailed it first try but was sick as a dog then had back to back flops for 3 or more attempts once i tried tweaking the brew to reduce nausea and start using the admixtures. however in that time i learned a shit ton of good tips and can now confidently brew myself or a friend up a wonderful concoction to their desired liking with little top no nausea.

now dmt freebase- i must say the teks may sound complex but honestly q21q21's food safe tek is so freaking easy i would find it hard for anyone to screw up and its very safe. i dont like the idea of working with lye so ive never tried any of the other great teks on the wiki.

from hearing your background in the intro forum you have 0 psychedelic experience so id be cautious to go oral first time out to pasture. it can be very uncomfortable and looooong! people do it all the time in these aya tourism places around south America but there's also a good amount of negative experiences the ole website tend to never talk about.
ive even heard of a person so confused and distraught that they left the group walked down to the river and cut their stomach open with a knife. or chilling reports of people begging their sitters to kill them to end the torment.

i dont mean to scare the hell out of you but like i said you wont read about this on the websites of the ayahuasca centers. granted i dont know all the details of that one episode but the thought is so chilling it scares the hell out of me!
ayahusca is a very loving, caring, wonderful, and healing tool but like all entheo's can go bad.

theres no shame in going slow. i feel a bit more caution is good for someone in your shoes. since you asked my opinion and its just that....my opinion, that would be to try smoking dmt first. its short duration and with proper technique can be gradually built upon to infinite possibilities and comfort levels to some degree.

I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

corpus callosum
#6 Posted : 10/31/2010 8:50:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

For the first time, I think changa in a small bong would be best-the reason for this are twofold:

1.Easier for a newbie to smoke/vaporise than the freebase;
2.Its shorter duration than ayahuasca/other oral variants.

Once you find your feet I think you should try vaporised freebase to experience the pure unadulterated magic of DMT and after this, if you feel ready for a more protracted experience, go for the oral route.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Vector
#7 Posted : 10/31/2010 3:32:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

if you have zero experience with psychedelics, I would strongly recommend you not start with DMT. you could probably find some acid easy enough if you know where to look (think about it; should be obvious) and mushrooms are pretty easy to grow; also san pedro cactus is legal to buy and contains mescaline. have a few good ol' fashioned trips first.

after that, extracting DMT is ridiculously easy...if you can make macaroni and cheese you can extract some spice. i recommend this first because its easy to control how deep you go simply by how much you smoke

astralpixels
#8 Posted : 10/31/2010 4:00:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you sooo much for the replies you guys, it's a relief to have some of my questions answered that have been worrying me.

@gratefulfloyd and jimm, thank you, I originally did want to try freebase dmt but was afraid of the chemical process, but q21q21 sounds intriguing I'll give it a look!

@olympus mon, thanks for the suggestions, I am aware of how scary some of the ayahuasca trips can go and I have been a bit worried about trying it. I do want to try it someday no doubt, but I guess I'll save that for when I'm ready and have taken a few steps into the DMT world.

@banana foreskin and corpus callosum, I only recently found out about changa a few days ago, but it does sound very interesting I think I may go with the freebase DMT first then give changa a try. Is there a particular blend of changa you'd recommend?

@vector, I'm very bad with connections actually haha, so I really have no clue where to look and be safe while I'm doing it you know? I definitely want to try acid and really want to try shrooms some day, but I like that dmt is easier to access and I can more or less do it myself. But hey mescaline sounds interesting, I've also thought about taking salvia for a first psychedelic, but honestly I kinda wanna just jump in with DMT. :]

Thanks again everyone for the replies, I still have to decide but I'm definitely leaning towards freebase DMT. How much of it would you suggest for my first dose?

olympus mon
#9 Posted : 10/31/2010 5:19:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

astralpixels wrote:

Thanks again everyone for the replies, I still have to decide but I'm definitely leaning towards freebase DMT. How much of it would you suggest for my first dose?

theres 2 ways you can approach that. 1st. buy a mg scale and GVG, load a specific amount, somewhere between 15mg-30mg into the vaporizer(gvg) and smoke the entire contents in 2-3 big hits. an accepted breakthrough dose tends to be in the 30mg range but differs for people. this is the usual method for dosing. make adjustments depending on your comfort level.

2nd, you can load 30mg or more into your vaporizer and take one good solid hit, put the pipe down and relax/enjoy. after a few min if you feel the need or desire to go further take another hit and again put the pipe down for a few min and see where your at. even just one good toke with this method should really send you somewhere.

the pro's and cons of the first method is that if your loaded dose is too much for your comfort level you wont know until its all been smoked, meaning your along for the ride. the second method is a bit easier to get acquainted gradually but keep in mind its dmt so even a gradual exp is going to be very powerful.

also please dont let my previous post give you a poor impression of ayahuasca. i was concerned about that after i went to bed last night. aya is such an amazing healing tool its become the spearhead to my exploration to being a at peace person as well as healing traumas of the past and spotlighting areas that i need to look at within my consciousness. it can be done quite safely and not all aya journeys are difficult events.

keep us posted. it really helps you and the community as whole when you document your progression.

I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

astralpixels
#10 Posted : 10/31/2010 6:57:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

olympus mon wrote:

also please dont let my previous post give you a poor impression of ayahuasca. i was concerned about that after i went to bed last night. aya is such an amazing healing tool its become the spearhead to my exploration to being a at peace person as well as healing traumas of the past and spotlighting areas that i need to look at within my consciousness. it can be done quite safely and not all aya journeys are difficult events.

keep us posted. it really helps you and the community as whole when you document your progression.

Oh no worries, I have lots of respect for Aya and know that even the "negative" experiences are actually good in the end because they help you see your faults and things within your consciousness that need some tweaking! Even though it still seems like a scary journey, I've come to a point in my life where I know that fear brings nothing but negative energy so I will approach Aya with respect and love when I finally do have a chance to acquaint myself with her. I hope she takes care of me. :]

Thank you for your advice on the freebase and everything, I'm really digging the community here, you guys are great. I'm not in a rush to take DMT but it has been something I've really wanted to do over the past year or two, so I do see myself trying it within the not so distant future; I'll definitely keep everyone posted. Until then I'll be around here doing more research and trying to get to know the community a bit better! Namaste.

Apoc
#11 Posted : 11/1/2010 5:09:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BananaForeskin wrote:
Yeh, astralpixels, gratefulfloyd is right in saying that a tek isn't hard to follow. Like building a model tank, the very first time you look at the instructions it may seem confusing, but once you try to figure it out you realize it's all quite simple.

Yeah, it's pretty much the same as lazyman except you use vinegar before adding the base, and you use calcium hydroxide instead of sodium hydroxide.... and you use less liquid (only enough to moisten the mimosa).

Your brew will look at feel so much less toxic and be so much easier to work with.

BananaForeskin
#12 Posted : 11/1/2010 7:09:09 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

I would recommend changa over freebase for a first try. 1:1 caapi leaf:spice by weight. Or you could get/make 10x caapi. Changa is just soooo much more pleasant, and I find also more spiritual and more visionary. I also think it's a great first psychedelic. A lot of people I know, myself included, tried changa before anything else. Also, a low dose of changa can be very visual and enjoyable (especially from a bong), whereas a low dose of freebase frequently just makes you feel really funny.

If you wanted to to get blendventerous, I recommend the caapi concentrate with some pau d'arco for colour and mint for flavor.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ