We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Was this a breakthrough? Options

alt 14
#1 Posted : 6/29/2008 10:02:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok so about 15 mins ago I smoked an unknown amount of pretty impure spice.

Anyway, when I closed my eyes I was in a field or huge room of some sort. There were these being of some sort. I saw them but every time I tried to focus in on one I couldn't. They were there but I wasn't allowed to be shown their face or something. Anyway, they were making these noises like buzzing or humming and seemed to be playing this game and wanting me to participate. I started to hum and buzz with them but after I learned how to play they started to leave. I asked them to stay and said you don't have to leave but they told me they had to. As they were leaving the field/room started to transform into a house of some sort. There was a mother and daughter there and they were doing something completely foreign to me. I asked them what it was and was just im complete awe. It involved some sort of object my brain couldn't grasp and once again I couldn't focus in on these people. I saw them but at the same time didn't. I became convinced they were my family at some point, but I don't remember how. It's at this point I remember I'm on DMT and I open my eyes. The entire room is covered in ancient patterns, but I want to go back to the house. I close my eyes again but realize I can't go back so just enjoy the breathing room and odd designs.

Was this a break through? I really can't remember most of the trip, but I know it was much crazier than I described it. I have almost zero experience with psychedelics, and this is the hardest I've tripped in my life. I had 1 other fairly strong DMT trip but it was mostly red geometry and I can't put it into words at all. This trip was more like a story looking back on it. I don't remember if I remembered I was tripping and could open my eyes during the first portion of the trip or not, but I'm thinking no. The entire experience felt very real if you will. Comments? This is probably really dumb, but I don't want to edit it for grammar and spelling. Man... Are DMT experiences normally more intense than this? This wasn't negative at all, but I didn't think "Oh god I did too much" like Terence McKenna says one must to achieve the results. Anyway, I'm happy with the whole experience and will def. try some more. The trip had a lot of blues greens, where my other trip on DMT which I can't really explain at all was made of reds and whites.

Also, sorry but since I'm new to tripping I probably did a poor job explaining this. Dunno how else to put it in words though.

EDIT: Reading over the first part of this is kinda junky. I'm thinking I was still tripping a little looking back on this lol.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

alt 14
#2 Posted : 6/29/2008 10:18:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sorry about the double post.

Anyway, would smoking DMT and keeping my eyes open be a waste? If the patterns I saw on the walls weren't like peak effects, I can only imagine how wild the room would look. Is doing this in bad taste? Is it any more/less spiritual? And looking back on both my experiences, I would say my first red-colored trip was "the veil". I'm also pretty sure I had a break through. Maybe not. Who knows. I guess you live and learn, eh?

Garulfo
#3 Posted : 6/29/2008 10:59:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When you will think, "Oh no, that's too much", then you'll have a scale to decide if it was a breakthrought or not. Pleased
Does it matter anyway ? My friend now consider that a 'breakthrought' is when he feels 'transported', whether he still knows he is in his room or totally forgot the standard existence. The latter trip is probably too much as it is almost impossible to rembemer meaningfull things. I guess that the spiritual side is in your set and settings...

alt 14
#4 Posted : 6/29/2008 11:23:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I just smoked a good amount and left my eyes open with some Deep Forest playing. I liked it very much. I was a bit overwhelmed, but I was in amazement the entire time. I can't remember the specifics of the trip, but I felt as though my room was transformed into a jungle. I had to fight to keep my eyes open. DMT was telling me to close the eyes and come along for the trip, but I wanted to experiment with my eyes opened. I should've went along with the trip and shut my eyes because I wasn't near experienced enough to handle eyes open tripping (if I ever will be). It was a bit much for me, but I still wouldn't call it a "bad trip". Maybe it was and I just forgot it all. Who knows. How do other drugs compare to DMT? Say, mushrooms or LSD? As I've said before, I only ever tried salvia, dxm, pot, and now some DMT. This entire psychedelic experience fascinates me. I hope substances with longer durations are more useful to me. I can't take much away from these trips at this point in time. I approach DMT with a serious attitude, but it's like it wants to play with me, not teach like so many other trips. Maybe I need to lighten up, eh?

extrememetal43
#5 Posted : 6/30/2008 1:48:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

a true breakthru u dont have to ask man...if ur asking it wasnt, sounded like u had a great trip tho

alt 14
#6 Posted : 6/30/2008 3:04:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't have to ask? I don't really know what would make a breakthrough different from this. I have no experience in psychedelics man. Like, I have nothing to compare it to really. It was intense to me, but I don't know how "strong" this actually was. It was a complete mind fuck for me, but I don't think I had ego loss. Is ego death always required for a break through? Perhaps I should've started with another drug like mushrooms or something first. Ah well. At least then I could compare this to a "normal" psychedelic experience.

extrememetal43
#7 Posted : 6/30/2008 3:20:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

no if u wouldve of started w others u woulda jus been searchin 4 this. Was it good? r u sayin uve never had a psychedelic experience?

40oztofreedom
#8 Posted : 6/30/2008 3:25:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

alt 14 wrote:
I don't have to ask? I don't really know what would make a breakthrough different from this. I have no experience in psychedelics man. Like, I have nothing to compare it to really. It was intense to me, but I don't know how "strong" this actually was. It was a complete mind fuck for me, but I don't think I had ego loss. Is ego death always required for a break through? Perhaps I should've started with another drug like mushrooms or something first. Ah well. At least then I could compare this to a "normal" psychedelic experience.

Either way, comparing it to any other psychedelics wouldn't help (maybe I'm wrong) . Once you achieve a full blown breakthrough. You really should know.

I would really, really suggest using a scale though. That way you're sure on what amount you're using, and can compare the amount, to say an amount that could achieve a breakthrough.

That and no one wants and overdose either. If you walk into it being so eager, and wanting to breakthrough. You could end up loading in too much. Resulting in a really bad trip. No one wants that.
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

alt 14
#9 Posted : 6/30/2008 3:49:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

r u sayin uve never had a psychedelic experience?

Thats exactly what I mean.

And as for the scale, I just load it up. I WANT to be scared shitless. I want to see what this is all about. I want to taste the bitter-sweet experience of timelessness. I want all that. Both of these times I was like, uh no I can't smoke any more of this, and just put the test tube down. I would rather have left over DMT in the test tube than not have a break through. I wouldn't mind a bad trip to be honest. Actually, I'm looking for that in a sense. DMT is harmless and I'm not worried about taking too much in to be honest.

And was it good? Oh yeah. Like I said before, I was/am a bit confused as to how to explain this and what really happened but I', just assuming I'll be able to better describe these experiences with time. That's the vibe I got anyway. The mild CVEs from weed and DXM are NOTHING like what happened to me here.

alt 14
#10 Posted : 6/30/2008 5:15:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I just did DMT a third time today. Should probably slow this down a bit but DAMN I'm fascinated. This trip wasn't near as powerful as the other 2 I've had, but it was still interesting. All of these experiences are very vauge afterwards. Like all I can remember about this one was there was some being and I was being invited into his home. I wasn't paying much attention to the being because there were these complex 3d folding designs of all colors. Very pretty. The beings house must have been made up of energy or something. It was the purest form of white I have ever seen. Very lively. Bright even. Man... All of these things. I just wish I could remember it more vividly.

Also, this time when I was tripping I felt more welcomed or something. The entire experience felt a little more familiar. More comfortable. I can't say this experience was less strange than the others, but it was less intense. I remembered I was tripping most of the time. In the trip I first posted about, I wasn't thinking that I was tripping. After ALL of these trips I can remember I'm forgetting some very important information, but I don't know what. Also, this time when I tripped I felt like I remembered something (again, I don't know WHAT it is) that I learned a previous trip. Does this kind of thing happen often?

I'm in awe of psychedelics... This trip still felt playful, but I got the sense that as I became even more familiar with this realm of magic I would be able to learn and grow. Actually, I think I may have been going into these trips with the wrong mindset. I was too up-tight about maturing my spirituality and didn't think you could have fun and learn at the same time. These have all been great times. How do mushrooms stack up to dmt? I might buy some 4-aco-dmt (metabolizes into psilocin) so... Yeah.

Garulfo
#11 Posted : 6/30/2008 12:07:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I remembered something (again, I don't know WHAT it is) that I learned a previous trip. Does this kind of thing happen often?

Yeah, this happend sometimes and I find it is really... crazy ! It happened also that my friend remember things from other realities that were NOT DMT ones Shocked But once back in the standard reality, impossible to know what it was exactly.

Quote:
and didn't think you could have fun and learn at the same time.

Many people here are quite 'serious' about the spice, but "fun" and "learn" go well together I think.

shoe
#12 Posted : 6/30/2008 1:27:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That sounds like a good breakthrough to me; alien realms, games, telepathy, visions... yep. fits.

Also dont worry about not being able to make sense of the beings,
the elves quite often dance on my face, bits of a leg here, an arm there, jiggling booty in somekind of 4th dimension I can't quite comprehend. But I can make out parts of them.

they're so sexual...

hehe
shoe

เฅ เคญเฅ‚เคฐเฅเคญเฅเคต: เคธเฅเคต: เคคเคคเฅเคธเคตเคฟเคคเฅเคฐเฅเคตเคฐเฅ‡เคฃเฅเคฏเค‚ เฅค เคญเคฐเฅเค—เฅ‹ เคฆเฅ‡เคตเคธเฅเคฏ เคงเฅ€เคฎเคนเคฟ, เคงเฅ€เคฏเฅ‹ เคฏเฅ‹ เคจ: เคชเฅเคฐเคšเฅ‹เคฆเคฏเคพเคคเฅ
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

shoe
#13 Posted : 6/30/2008 1:27:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That sounds like a good breakthrough to me; alien realms, games, telepathy, visions... yep. fits.

Also dont worry about not being able to make sense of the beings,
the elves quite often dance on my face, bits of a leg here, an arm there, jiggling booty in somekind of 4th dimension I can't quite comprehend. But I can make out parts of them.

they're so sexual...

hehe
shoe

เฅ เคญเฅ‚เคฐเฅเคญเฅเคต: เคธเฅเคต: เคคเคคเฅเคธเคตเคฟเคคเฅเคฐเฅเคตเคฐเฅ‡เคฃเฅเคฏเค‚ เฅค เคญเคฐเฅเค—เฅ‹ เคฆเฅ‡เคตเคธเฅเคฏ เคงเฅ€เคฎเคนเคฟ, เคงเฅ€เคฏเฅ‹ เคฏเฅ‹ เคจ: เคชเฅเคฐเคšเฅ‹เคฆเคฏเคพเคคเฅ

shoe
#14 Posted : 6/30/2008 1:29:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
substances with longer durations are more useful to me.

btw, You can try taking peganum harmala (syrian rue) to potentiate the DMT (smoked.)

but I wouldn't really reccomend an ayahausca session for a noobie.
shoe

Infinite I
#15 Posted : 6/30/2008 2:07:55 PM

JC

I think it sounds like a breakthrough as well tbh As Garulfos friend thinks, when hes still aware of his body but hes transported elswhere and meeting entities he thinks thats a breakthrough, I agree with that because your somewhere else, even though sometimes you can remember your body.

shoe
#16 Posted : 7/7/2008 12:31:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i agree; there seems to be quite alot of hype about this breakthrough experience bullsh*t on these boards;
and tbh it is all just different levels of being fucked up on DMT. ys, there is a certain level at which you start
meeting and exploring new things, but it is easilly attained with a few hits from good pipe and a decent supply
of spice.

p.s make sure to allow 30mins - 1 hour inbetween your retry attempts.
shoe