We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
There is no Kokusaginine or red spice or yuremamine. Its just DMT. Options

burnt
#21 Posted : 11/3/2010 8:11:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
GC-MS analysis was performed in an Agilent 5890 series II gas chromatograph coupled to an 5971A quadrupole mass spectrometer detector (Agilent). The gas chromatograph was fitted with an 6890 auto sampler injector. Samples were injected in slit mode into a 12m × 0.2mm i.d., 0.33 µm film thickness 5% phenylmethylsilicone column (ULTRA-2, Agilent Technologies). The oven temperature was programmed at 90ºC during 2min and increased 20ºC/min to 300ºC. Finally was maintained at 300ºC over 4min with a total run time of 14.50min. Insert liners packed with silanized glasswool were used. The injector and the interface were operated at 280 ◦C. Helium was used as carrier gas at a flow rate of 0.48ml/min. The mass spectrometer was operated in electron impact ionization mode at 70 eV.

All this demonstrates is that if you had 3 unique compounds they should have had different retention times and different mass spectra. I know how this equipment works I use it all the time. Yet you report the same spectra and the same retention time. That means you have only one compound not 3.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#22 Posted : 11/3/2010 3:20:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah but thats what he is saying, no? That the yields from 3 different extractions were analysed separately and all of them showed the same, its basically only dmt.

but question burnt.. what about the small amount of 2-MTHBC which SWIY detected in the jungle spice analysis, does it not show in the results in this thread here because of the method of analysis, or you think it just wasnt present in this batch of mimosa (or in the results of the extraction) ?

burnt
#23 Posted : 11/3/2010 3:54:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
yeah but thats what he is saying, no? That the yields from 3 different extractions were analysed separately and all of them showed the same, its basically only dmt.

Is that what he is saying? If it is then my bad I totally misread what he meant and I agree with him then Embarrased My apologies original post I can't read !!

Quote:
Witchever one has the lowest concentration thats the yurm, the N,N-DMT is somewhat in the middle, kuku having the highest aparently.

Sentences like this confuse me.

Maybe that is what he is saying. If it is then well we already knew that but its nice to confirm what SWIM's SWIM noticed.

Quote:
but question burnt.. what about the small amount of 2-MTHBC which SWIY detected in the jungle spice analysis, does it not show in the results in this thread here because of the method of analysis, or you think it just wasnt present in this batch of mimosa (or in the results of the extraction) ?

Concentration could be a factor so could the injection method. Note that 2-MTHBC ID was based on match with commercial library it could be incorrect. But its likely that, that compound is a beta carboline.

Shamantube
#24 Posted : 7/15/2018 12:15:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

I just wanted to apologize about getting off on the wrong foot. Many years have past since I did this research at witch point I was a 20 something immature kid. I am 31 years old now and have grown up and matured a lot. So first of all I would like to apologize to any member my posts offended or if I came off arrogant or rude or immature ( witch I am sure I did ).

All I can say is that this research was done with the best intentions in mind & that was solving a ongoing mystery about the alkaloids in mimosa. I have acsess to the equipment to test it so I felt I would take advantage of that & see if I could contribute some kind of useful information to this community that I love.

I was not part of any syndicate or anything like that nor do I deal anything or DID deal anything. I wanted to make a lot of product to experiment with different techniques & experimenting wtih improving yield, etc. I am not trying to take advantage of this great molecule for profit nor would I ever do that.

I wish I had of had the intelligence and the maturity to come off more professional & have had a better experience with this community from the start but instead I just thought it would be best for me to leave for awhile.

After having this post pop up on google I could not help but come back & post all these years later to hopefully clean any hard feelings off the slate & start off fresh if you guys will accept me as part of the community I would love to be part of it.

Sincerely,

-Shamantube

PREV12