We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
McKenna Red Vine!!! Options

TheReadyAwakening
#1 Posted : 10/26/2010 9:29:26 PM

Jimmy

My buddy and I ordered 112g of some red vine from Botanical Dimensions (Terence McKenna's ethnobotanical garden, now run by his partner in crime, Kat) and boiled up 60g in a tea.

The taste wasn't bad at all, though the sludge at the bottom was extremely bitter.

Took about an hour and a half to seriously feel the effects (only about a 30g dose each), and then we started smoking spice.

What started as just taking a hit or two turned into six or seven sessions to Shpongle (Ineffable Mysteries From Shpongleland). Every time, I felt like the ride was slowed down. Every time it took me at least a minute to realize I was gone. I have never seen a superimposed image of my trip when opening my eyes, but every time, I felt the need to open my eyes to verify that I was tripping, and every time I saw the faint glow of what was happening behind closed eyelids.

This was our first pharmahuasca experiment, and I definitely got the feeling that it was a smoother, more relaxed trip. Definitely need to start experiencing with higher doses of the red vine, though it seems incredibly potent from what we've tried.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” - Terence McKenna

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#2 Posted : 10/27/2010 1:49:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Sounds cool..I really like red vine..I wouldnt call that pharmahuasca though..ayahusca is ayahuasca..you drank vine..thats ayahuasca.
Long live the unwoke.

soulfood
#3 Posted : 10/27/2010 2:33:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I've taken to smoking spice with ayahuasca more often than including it in the brew. It's certainly a very interesting experience. I can just load 30mg in my pipe and that will last me sufficently up to 3-4 hours and it's always very deep and enlightening.

I'm looking forward to working with red quite soon as so far I have only worked with white.

TheReadyAwakening
#4 Posted : 10/29/2010 9:34:15 PM

Jimmy

fractal enchantment wrote:
Sounds cool..I really like red vine..I wouldnt call that pharmahuasca though..ayahusca is ayahuasca..you drank vine..thats ayahuasca.

Oops my mistake =/

Ayahuasca and smoking spice gets five thumbs up in my book!
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” - Terence McKenna