We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychedelic Information Theory Options

burningmouth
#1 Posted : 10/26/2010 6:30:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Location: Forever riding the rotating molecular structure of interconnecting peoploids.
There is a new book out called 'Psychedelic Information Theory' written by James Kent. You can view it free on the internet (also a free pdf). I want to acknowledge 'kedabra' for turning me on to it.
http://psychedelic-information-theory.com/toc.php

This book blew me away. It goes into detail about how our brains process hallucinogenic experiences through such terminology as non linear perception, fractals, and frame stacking. It also does a good job of describing how shamans operate during trip sessions. Kent is a bit of a skeptic. He doesn't believe that DMT elves are real, but he is open to some of DMT's mysteries like the idea of plant consciousness. He published a mag called 'Trip' where you can find alot of interesting links including his interview of T McKenna.

Kent might not be correct about all his ideas, but his descriptions of the physiology of the brain while under the effects of hallucinogens are worth reading.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

headphoneperson
#2 Posted : 11/1/2010 1:26:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

burningmouth wrote:
Kent might not be correct about all his ideas, but his descriptions of the physiology of the brain while under the effects of hallucinogens are worth reading.

Definitely a great read. I read this over the summer (on-line) and was really, really impressed with his approach.
~ hpp

Ice House
#3 Posted : 11/1/2010 2:50:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

burningmouth wrote:

But then again, he might be correct about all his ideas. How else would you explain machine elves? They do exist, right?

Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Malaclypse
#4 Posted : 11/1/2010 2:54:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I got the free pdf version, but I really don't enjoy staring at the computer when reading large amounts of text so I ordered a copy now that it is out. Really looking forward to it. I listened to an interview with him on Expanding Mind and liked the cut of his jib. Also read an email exchange he had on "Hyperspace Elves" that was kind of a brief outline of some of the subjects in the book which was also quite good. I predict I will get through it within day's of getting it.

actualfactual
#5 Posted : 11/2/2010 5:36:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

been reading all morning; thanks for this!

burningmouth
#6 Posted : 11/8/2010 3:17:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Location: Forever riding the rotating molecular structure of interconnecting peoploids.

Ice House wrote:

But then again, he might be correct about all his ideas. How else would you explain machine elves? They do exist, right?

Personally, I want to believe in machine elves. Kent talks about elves in this link.
http://www.tripzine.com/...ting.php?id=dmt_pickover