We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT Long term usage effects and Options

BenevolentSon
#1 Posted : 10/26/2010 10:49:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I cannot find any information on long term usage of DMT and any effects it can have. I find it very hard to believe that nothing about you or the molecule changes after years of usage (I realise people can certainly change for the better from DMT but is there acually anything to lose when enbarking on involving DMT in your life)How will my trips change? I have a history of depression, so naturally I want to know if people have ever done DMT then started going fucking nuts when they were sober. I don't really believe in the diognoses of mental illness in our age as we know so little about how the brain works and probably could not grasp some concepts of the brain if they were on paper infront of us but I still don't want to be captured in some kind of mental web of confusion or anything like that after using DMT. Just because if:I like what the molecule will show me (which is pretty much a %100 chance that I will Razz) I will want to use it over the course of my life, hopefully, without any downsides decides the fact that you can encounter some scary shit whilst tripping. Also, I have an addictive personality. When I first launch I will most likely want to launch again pretty soon after (3 to 4 days, is that normal?) until I've become well aquainted with the molecule and can figure out how to integrate it into my lifestyle without a negative effect on me.

Take care.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 10/26/2010 11:38:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

im a bit out of time now for a longer answer but did you read our Health and Safety section and the FAQ?

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...s_Wiki:Health_and_Safety

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/FAQ#Is_DMT_dangerous.3F

(also check the links under that FAQ answer)

vibrancy3
#3 Posted : 10/26/2010 1:59:03 PM

Josh

I asked a similar question when i first braoden my horizons and discovered this entheogen. another forum told me i should be focusing more on the poisitve fators than the negatives but thy did say

''apart from mental changes apparetly smoking to much DMT can cause facila muscles to grow''

dont ask for a link or anything i never followed that info up, just heard it on psychonaut.com

The Traveler
#4 Posted : 10/26/2010 2:36:34 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

vibrancy3 wrote:
I asked a similar question when i first braoden my horizons and discovered this entheogen. another forum told me i should be focusing more on the poisitve fators than the negatives but thy did say

''apart from mental changes apparetly smoking to much DMT can cause facila muscles to grow''

dont ask for a link or anything i never followed that info up, just heard it on psychonaut.com

According to a "Dose-response study of N,N-dimethyltryptamine in humans" by Rick Strassman, "Dimethyltryptamine dose slightly elevated blood pressure, heart rate, pupil diameter, and rectal temperature, in addition to elevating blood concentrations of beta-endorphin, corticotropin, cortisol, and prolactin. Growth hormone blood levels rose equally in response to all doses of DMT".

Kind regards,

The Traveler

hyperspacing
#5 Posted : 10/26/2010 3:48:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WARNING: continued dmt use can lead to constant checking and posting on the dmt nexus!!
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

Magicman
#6 Posted : 10/26/2010 4:14:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure of the following as fact, but as far as i understand :

there are no long term physiological damages caused by DMT ,and thats not due to it being read anywhere but because I never read anything about it! I have read Rick strassman's book to , and there's little mention of it.
In chemical terms . DMT doesnt stimulate the neuroreceptors involved with addiction , and so isnt addictive in that sense, but your worry was with your personality. And as far I can tell, people find it to intense to be addicted to , like they cant keep it up for very long. I think people become obsessed more than addicted

But i haven't even taken DMT yet , this was just the result of my reading when i've been thinking about doing it , and wanting to know the same.Very happy good luck

Capt_Bones
#7 Posted : 10/26/2010 6:42:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obsessed is a very good way to put it.
as far as the addictive side goes i can comment on. Once I had certain experiences it faded to a back burner. though i still love it,
The D M T is in your mind.

Swarupa
#8 Posted : 10/26/2010 6:43:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ive noticed effects during sleep hours, especially waking up in the morning, i feel like DMT affected that state inbetween dreaming and when i wake up in the morning.

Maybe DMT is naturally released upon waking...

GalactivatedMuse
#9 Posted : 10/26/2010 9:31:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BeWARE!

May cause sudden and unexpected universal syncron-is-it-see's

May cause drastic changes in the way one looks and perceives their reality.

May get to the core of fear, delusion, pain, misunderstandings, and turn them into strengths.

May disassemble reality for observation.

May ultimately bring you closer in harmony with Source. And beings of the highest vibration.

Has to potential to uncalcify your pineal gland from bad diet and bad water. Turn it on and have it buzz in your favor.

Oh.. and if you don't purify it well, it could mess your lungs up a little.

Currently pulling stories and knowledge together to start a work of fiction. Anything expressed on the forum is related directly to my dreams, my love for fiction, and my love for information. "The magic is in the mind."

endlessness
#10 Posted : 10/26/2010 10:24:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

While I do appreciate the poetry and humour in the way you express yourself, and agree with part of it, I wouldnt be so romantic about it. The dmt experience (like any other very strong experience, drug induced or otherwise), can catalyze the appearance of psychotic symptoms and psychological breakdown in people with predisposition.

It has happened in this forum at least twice where members have expressed serious psychological difficulty in dealing with the dmt experience. While that is a small number and the risk is greatly diminished when taking propper care of set, setting and integration, as scientific research and anecdotal evidence shows, its still a possibility that people might have psychological issues and therefore care and respect is essential.

I cannot recommend reading the health and safety section enough!

polytrip
#11 Posted : 10/26/2010 11:08:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
You shouldn't use anything in excess. DMT is no exception to that. It shouldn't get in the way with your normal life, you need to take time to integrate your experiences. How much time that is depends of a thousand factors and you are the best judge yourself of whether you are integrating the experience properly.

For me, the long term effects have been nothing but positive. I have become more apreciative of life and more open in my communication with others. I think that i have become a more resiliant person, more capable of dealing with pressure, fear or other stressfull and negative forces. I have become tougher in those areas where it's good to be tough and softer in those areas where being a softy is a good thing.

There are no negative effects at all in my life thus far.

DMTripper
#12 Posted : 10/27/2010 1:51:43 AM

John Murdoch IV

polytrip wrote:
You shouldn't use anything in excess. DMT is no exception to that. It shouldn't get in the way with your normal life, you need to take time to integrate your experiences. How much time that is depends of a thousand factors and you are the best judge yourself of whether you are integrating the experience properly.

For me, the long term effects have been nothing but positive. I have become more apreciative of life and more open in my communication with others. I think that i have become a more resiliant person, more capable of dealing with pressure, fear or other stressfull and negative forces. I have become tougher in those areas where it's good to be tough and softer in those areas where being a softy is a good thing.

There are no negative effects at all in my life thus far.

I totally agree here. Very well put.
And your body can produce DMT so I'd say it's a pretty safe drug. But overdoing things is always a bad idea.
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Apoc
#13 Posted : 10/27/2010 2:35:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Probably doing anything regularly for long term will have some effect on the person. If you run regularly for a long time, your body gets used to the running. It affects the body both physically, psychologically, and hormonally. The exercise affects hormones, and the running becomes a regular part of the person's life. If the person stops running, they will feel different. They'll feel like something is missing, maybe feel restless and anxious. That's just the way it works with EVERYTHING. The body gets used to certain things, and notices differences when there are changes. It's constantly adjusting to maintain homeostasis. If you've had a job your whole life and end up out of work all of a sudden, you will probably find yourself in a fog for quite some time. It may feel like something is seriously wrong with you, but your body is just adjusting to the change. Point is, everything has an effect.

Having said that, I have only noticed positive physical and mental effects after taking dmt. The positive physical effect is due to the rejuvinating state of relaxation. It is very refreshing like getting a good night's sleep. I feel ready for another day. The positive psychological effect is an enthusiasm for life in general, and the mystery of existence. I feel more ready to interact with the world, and I appreciate my life. However, having said that, the psychological effect will not be the same for everyone. I think some people just break, or freak out when presented with unusual experiences. DMT has facilitated my psyche to bend, not remain rigid and break. I have learned to not make assumptions about what I experience, not pretend to know any objective answers. I have learned to allow what happens and just let it be, and enjoy it. I'm talking about all of life, not just the psychedelic experience. The same won't be true for everyone. I think some people may be more likely to cling to what they experience. If people can't let go of a certain idea, that idea will pervade their psyche and make them afraid. If you allow yourself to be bent, you will be ok. If you remain rigid about your experience, any experience for that matter, you're more liable to break. It's possible, but it seems most people here anyway have positive experiences with dmt. It's a powerful tool. For some people, skydiving might be a thrill, but for others, it might be traumatic. DMT is not for everyone.

As for long term effects, I don't know of any long term negative effects that have been consistently recorded, and haven't experienced any myself. I can't say I experience any objective changes. Even there were any objective changes to physiology or neurology, my body has adjusted. My homeostasis has not been compromised, and my ability to function in the world certainly hasn't been diminished. The changes are more subjective than objective. I see more beauty in the world, and in simple shapes, and my imagination seems to flow more freely, and I find sleep more peaceful, and am happier in general. All good things. Apparently, some people report HPPD after taking psychedelics, although for some reason it seems less commonly reported with dmt use. The symptoms are usually reported to subside if the person stops taking psychedelics. I have never had any hppd like symptoms. Also, even if you do find yourself having negative symptoms after use, then just stop using it. It's not addictive, and you won't want to do it if it makes you feel bad.

So, to summarize, there doesn't seem to be any universally accepted physical harm done to regular use of dmt. Psychological issues will vary from person to person (just like anything else). Most people seem to be fine. Nothing is guaranteed though. You're dealing with a substance that has a powerful effect on consciousness and perception. It's up to you if you want to take the chance to experiment with it. I mean, legally it actually is not up to you what to put in your own body. That should be a basic human right, but unfortunately, it is not yet. As it says in the nexus wiki, "DMT is a bottomless well of never ending confoundment, an unsolvable riddle of epic proportions spoken in alien tongues. It will call into question all that you know, all youโ€™ve learned to accept as reality, and introduce you to a state of being which defies all comprehension." The potential effect of dmt is that you question all of reality. ALL of reality. The ramifications could be anything. It's up to you if you want to touch something potentially so powerful. As for me, something in all these experience reports will resonated with me. There was something about the way all this stuff was written, and the general accepted safety of psychedelics that led me to conclude after much research for myself, and by myself, that this was something I wanted to try because there is much to be learned in the adventure of life. I asked all these questions before I took a trip as well.

BenevolentSon
#14 Posted : 10/27/2010 8:01:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ahhh see thats just my lack of experience with psychedelics as I have only ever smoke herb and been drunk. Purely because I have not experienced it I cannot understand how intense its going to be and that its going to be so intense that I won't have an urge to go back into hyperspace a little while later because it was such an insane experience. Thanks for the posts this makes me feel more comfortable about the fact that I have an addictive personality and I want to become friendly with this molecule.

I feel that I disrespected the things that herb can bring to someone by always falling back on it purely because I didn't want to be in a non altered state of mind. I didn't really get happy when I toked, just....out of it really. Mind you herb has given me a lot more possitive things to work with than the negative things that I prostituted myself too (getting nothing done, not leaving the house, not interacting socially)

I do not in one single way want to abuse this beautiful gift as I have done in the past with herb.

I acually have a very strong passion for nature. I am currently on the road to devoting my life to a peaceful place where I can live side by side with what I was given naturally to work with as a human being, this being plants, animals, water, soil and the weather. I just feel so right when I am thinking about nature or am with it. I am obsesssed with what nature is and the absolutely amazing things it can do. I am hoping that I may have a DMT trip that brings me to the core of my being (not just mentally but visually too), this being love for life. I read an experience that someone had on this forum about being in a hilly woodland area. I doubt it would be hard for you guys to understand what it would mean to me and my existance, to be taken to that place that I want to be in the future but can't be there yet due to lack of knowledge and finance (im 19 yo). Either way, I know every trip im going to have is going to be very special.

Ummmm should I buy the powder or the bark?

Much love, BS.

Swarupa
#15 Posted : 10/27/2010 1:56:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
I think that i have become a more resiliant person, more capable of dealing with pressure, fear or other stressfull and negative forces.

When i went bike riding after my DMT session i could push WAY harder than before, it definitely breaks some mental limitations (which also affects the physical aspects of being)

I still don't think i could recommend DMT to anyone as an actual worthy path to truth, if i was to recommend any psychedelic i would recommend a low dose of mushrooms, combined with meditation.

Praline
#16 Posted : 10/27/2010 6:20:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hyperspacing wrote:
WARNING: continued dmt use can lead to constant checking and posting on the dmt nexus!!

yeah, really lol
FYI- Anything I post here is just stuff made up by my crazy brother who lives in my closet. I feed him jellybeans.

#17 Posted : 10/28/2010 12:17:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BenevolentSon wrote:

I feel that I disrespected the things that herb can bring to someone by always falling back on it purely because I didn't want to be in a non altered state of mind. I didn't really get happy when I toked, just....out of it really. Mind you herb has given me a lot more possitive things to work with than the negative things that I prostituted myself too (getting nothing done, not leaving the house, not interacting socially)

There are a lot of people on the Nexus that have turned their backs on smoking weed. It can and does have some nasty effects like those you mention. There is little chance of you smoking spice like weed. It just isn't like that. It's a full on experience - do whatever you feel you should, but personally I would try some mushrooms or similar before trying spice.

Oh, and most people get the powdered stuff, it's easier to work with.
Smile
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

GalactivatedMuse
#18 Posted : 10/28/2010 5:32:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

-Endlessness. for sure.

Honestly. this is a strong meditation. If you have no experience with the now or letting go of thought. I suggest trying that first.

Even better. Make contact with your higher self first. Even better. Learn how to do it without the medicine.
Currently pulling stories and knowledge together to start a work of fiction. Anything expressed on the forum is related directly to my dreams, my love for fiction, and my love for information. "The magic is in the mind."

BenevolentSon
#19 Posted : 10/28/2010 9:01:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

GalactivatedMuse wrote:
-Endlessness. for sure.

Honestly. this is a strong meditation. If you have no experience with the now or letting go of thought. I suggest trying that first.

Even better. Make contact with your higher self first. Even better. Learn how to do it without the medicine.

I acually have a lot of experience (for my age..., I'm pretty sure) spiritually. I do indeed meditate. I have a strong connection to my higher self too and am very thankful for the guidance that I am given from being intouch with my spiritual side. My problems not spiritually, more socially. Don't get me wrong I am in no way socially retarded, its more to do with finding my type of people (which is hard where I live) and being more confident in finding a lady friend Smile How do you think the transition would be from only having ever smoked pot to skipping a fuckload of other substances and going straight to DMT?

Also 1664, what you said helped me a lot in being more confident about controlling myself and using DMT correctly. Thanks mate.

<3 BS

The Centre
#20 Posted : 10/30/2010 5:01:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It can be scary as shit. Other than that, can't say much.