We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
great news for USA residents! Options

myrmymd
#1 Posted : 10/26/2010 10:43:47 AM
Miki

I just found retail lye! Check out ace hardware, they have some under the rooto brand they keep on the shelves.

Enjoy Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

pau
#2 Posted : 10/26/2010 8:29:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Now THAT'S a ray of light!
You read all the news these days, and you think this place is going down the tubes....
WHOA!

Thebatman
#3 Posted : 10/26/2010 11:37:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I love ace hardware! I have an account there!

stevowitz
#4 Posted : 10/27/2010 12:30:27 AM

The Dude

Yep. ACE is the PLACE...

for everything!
*We are now at a phase of human development where we have accumulated an enormous amount of knowledge through scientific research in the material world. This is very important knowledge, but it must be integrated. -Hoffman
*A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading -C.S. Lewis
cephalopods are enlightened -benzyme
T R I P S I T

artistofdivine
#5 Posted : 10/27/2010 12:42:51 AM

Sam

I was just shopping around for lime today and found roebic lye at Lowes. On the back it said '100% sodium hydroxide' and i thought 'Bingo!'. I'm probably going to buy that since i can't find the right kind of lime but damn its 13$! I know i sound cheap..
'What if everything around you, Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know, Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection, Is it all you want it to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself... Find yourself afraid to see?'

Malaclypse
#6 Posted : 10/27/2010 1:08:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can get Calcium Hydroxide pretty easily by looking for 'Pickling Lime'. Mrs. Wages is one brand. I saw some recently at a local store that sells canning supplies, which makes sense. Mexican/Asian grocery stores often have it too. You can find it online as well.

froggy
#7 Posted : 10/27/2010 2:39:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have been calling around everywhere! I cant find lye or phosphoric acid. Ive tried lowes, home depot, ace hardware, even walmart, and fiesta mart and kroger! No one has anything.

I dont want to buy online!

Where can i pick up these two products in the usa!? Which stores>!>! help me pleeease.

myrmymd
#8 Posted : 10/27/2010 11:37:20 AM
Miki

haha, it's not such a big deal man. Lye can be gotten at ace hardware, but sometimes you have to go to their website and back order it to the store. Other than that they're available in tablet form in most pharmacies but again you may need to ask them to order it since it's not in stock most of the time. A great way to avoid suspicion is to tell them you're a soap maker and just moved to the US and didn't realize it took so much work to locate lye.

Oh and phosphoric acid is harder. Just start with normal acids, you can get a few at hardware stores again because of pool cleaning agents, but for phosphoric acid you need to look specifically at chemical food additive stores which are rare.

Happy mixing Smile