We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Interested about Aya Options

WalkingSpirit
#1 Posted : 10/26/2010 4:36:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey all,

It's been awhile. I've come to the forums to discuss Aya. I've been thinking of making the brew. I know some people use MHRB and boil it. Some people take caapi extract with dmt (freebase or salt?) I was wondering which technique is better based on your opinion. Is each different? Is the caapi combo more like a pharma thing or something else? I'm curious as to what I'd be getting into. Reading some of your reports, very interesting. I don't see many recipes on here though and was wondering if someone could suggest something for novice aya-user. Thanks for your help. Smile

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

digital_phreedom
#2 Posted : 10/26/2010 4:52:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi there! Glad to know you're reading up about this before diving right in, you've already got a good start.

Sorry I can't specifically answer all your questions right now, I'm a little pressed for time, but..

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=8972

that is a great place to start.
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

olympus mon
#3 Posted : 10/26/2010 5:37:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

using freebase or salt would be less full spectrum than a traditional admixture or mimosa and probably more like pharma but ive never taken pharma. ive used dmt freebase as a kicker to boost some visuals but never alone when ive drank ayahuasca.

my best advice is to just read a ton. i probably sound like a broken record but its really the key. i can honestly say ive at least opened if not read every single thread in the aya subforum. any questions i still had i posted clearly and waited. i think at one point i noticed i was the author of close to half of the current topics in the aya subforum Embarrased Laughing

digitalsphreedoms link is a really the best place to start if you havent already.

good travels my friend.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

obliguhl
#4 Posted : 10/26/2010 6:06:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
using freebase or salt would be less full spectrum than a traditional admixture or mimosa and probably more like pharma

Well, one could take a fullspectrum jimjam fumarate extract like i do. This way, you have a consistent dose of dmt each try. And be prepared to try...a lot, to find your sweet spot (still have not found it myself). This is alot easier with a DMT extract, because you never know how much dmt there is in your mimosa.

Ayahuasca is the vine. By taking pure dmt either in salt or freebase form as admix, you are still drinking ayahuasca ... just not a traditional preparation.

BananaForeskin
#5 Posted : 10/26/2010 9:19:47 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Each form of DMT which is added to the brew comes with a different profile of other alkaloids, all of which subjectively change the experience. Mimosa is well known for being totally insane, and at times unmanageable. Chacruna, having almost nothing but DMT and lots o' leaf, is then calmer and cooler. I can't say I know what just taking some straight DMT is like.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

endlessness
#6 Posted : 10/26/2010 11:53:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BananaForeskin wrote:
Each form of DMT which is added to the brew comes with a different profile of other alkaloids, all of which subjectively change the experience. Mimosa is well known for being totally insane, and at times unmanageable. Chacruna, having almost nothing but DMT and lots o' leaf, is then calmer and cooler. I can't say I know what just taking some straight DMT is like.

I wouldnt really agree with this. Chacruna has been shown to contain other alkaloids such as 2-MTHBC, dmt n-oxide and so on (I can find the sources for you later).

A lot of the differences people feel in the different plant sources can be from self-suggestion (For example reading a post from someone that says mimosa 'is well known for being totally insane' might make someone ingesting it feel something of the sort even if objectively nothing in mimosa really creates such a trip). Another possibility is that mimosa has a much higher alkaloid content and therefore people are more prone to overdosing, since two or three grams can make all the difference in the world (which in turn might make someone overdosing think mimosa is 'crazy' but its just wrong dosaging).

Im not saying that necessarily all plant sources are the same, they might as well be different, but so can different batches of the same plant be different, and yet nobody seems to mention this. Im wary of jumping into conclusions and claiming with so much certainty that some plant source causes such and such trips if people havent really done blind tests on it AFAIK.

Same goes for all this 'jimjam vs freebase' story.

Also considering set and setting affect experiences so much, I dont know how people can affirm with so much certainty that a certain dmt source causes a certain trip if even with the same batches (orally or vaporized), the experience can be so different! I've had completely opposite experiences with the same batch and only days appart, even in the same house and place and time, nothing different had happened in my life.....

I would say, just try it out depending on whats easier for you to get and what intuitively you feel its best for you, start with low dosages, work your way up, take care of set and setting and integration, and you will be fine Pleased

WalkingSpirit
#7 Posted : 10/27/2010 6:36:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I have been reading a bit and checked out the Aya sticky thread. I guess I'm just a little lost still. Seems most people think aya with MHRB is pretty strong and you only need .5g. If that's true that sounds fine to me. I've read the recipe but still unsure how to cook the MHRB and turn it into aya. Do I need more than MHRB itself? Would it be too strong? I've heard of boiling MHRB for aya, do people still do that?

olympus mon
#8 Posted : 10/27/2010 6:53:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

WalkingSpirit wrote:
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I have been reading a bit and checked out the Aya sticky thread. I guess I'm just a little lost still. Seems most people think aya with MHRB is pretty strong and you only need .5g. If that's true that sounds fine to me. I've read the recipe but still unsure how to cook the MHRB and turn it into aya. Do I need more than MHRB itself? Would it be too strong? I've heard of boiling MHRB for aya, do people still do that?

yes boil your mhrb in a separate pot like you do the caapi. i usually do 2 washes of 1 hour. if powdered let the washes sit over night to decant you dont want to drink the sediment from mimosa, but caapi sediment is just fine. thats why im saying use a separate pot.

as far as .5g thats not a bad idea but is very conservative. i started with 1.5g and it was very strong but manageable. a lot depends on how much maoi you have going on from nailing the caapi correctly.

olympus mon
#9 Posted : 11/8/2010 3:45:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:
using freebase or salt would be less full spectrum than a traditional admixture or mimosa and probably more like pharma

Well, one could take a fullspectrum jimjam fumarate extract like i do. This way, you have a consistent dose of dmt each try. And be prepared to try...a lot, to find your sweet spot (still have not found it myself). This is alot easier with a DMT extract, because you never know how much dmt there is in your mimosa.

Ayahuasca is the vine. By taking pure dmt either in salt or freebase form as admix, you are still drinking ayahuasca ... just not a traditional preparation.

endlessness wrote:

Same goes for all this 'jimjam vs freebase' story.

Also considering set and setting affect experiences so much, I dont know how people can affirm with so much certainty that a certain dmt source causes a certain trip if even with the same batches (orally or vaporized), the experience can be so different! I've had completely opposite experiences with the same batch and only days appart, even in the same house and place and time, nothing different had happened in my life.....

im going to bump this one back up because i was re-reading these 2 reply's because they went along perfectly with some thoughts ive been having for a few weeks about addy's and such.

ive gotten into trouble more than once re-dosing my mimosa because it takes so darn long to come on for me which makes things tricky. also the potency always seems to vary or be easily swayed by body chemistry or other factors.

heres where im at. the more i drink ayahuasca and learn the more i could care less about traditional vs. non traditional ingredients. i never did get chacruna to work, mhrb i had a few mis-fires and 1 overly too high dose, but with good old dmt freebase and some citric acid ive never had neither.

i always thought i was missing out on effects because i was using straight nn-dmt but after more thought and more education i no longer agree with that. i really liked what endlessness said and its feels pretty accurate a description for my personal exp.

can anyone shed some light on why the estimated dose of dmt contained in plant addy's doesn't seem to add up compared to using straight dmt?