We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Tis the season for Psilocybe Cyanescens *new pics* Options

semios
#21 Posted : 11/10/2012 3:39:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Flash forward a week. A dry, cold week. Poor sad cyans were just drying in their spot. No new pins. I harvested them all. Hope for rain and another flush!
semios attached the following image(s):
Screen shot 2012-11-09 at 7.39.29 PM.png (261kb) downloaded 513 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

a1pha
#22 Posted : 11/10/2012 3:53:33 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

You are making my mouth water!! Great looking patch, guys. I gotta get myself up there sometime.

Love Love
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

semios
#23 Posted : 11/10/2012 3:55:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not bad for the beginning of the season.
Screen shot 2012-11-09 at 7.54.59 PM.png (250kb) downloaded 500 time(s).

Ice House
#24 Posted : 11/10/2012 4:15:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Thumbs up

nicely done
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

semios
#25 Posted : 11/18/2012 10:32:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is really almost nothing I love better in the fall than grabbing a couple of hours on a weekend morning, putting Greensky Bluegrass on my iPod, throwing on a rain jacket, and heading out into the drizzle to explore the wet woods near my house in search of cyans.

There's this beautiful patch of alder woods about 2 miles from my house with a nice walking trail through it. It's a site with lots of forest restoration work being done - planting native species, tearing out blackberries, etc - so there are tons of chips in there around the new little trees they are planting, and I just KNEW there were cyans in there - the microclimate is just perfect - mature alders and lots of chips - and I found one small patch last year. It's also just a beautiful, beautiful autumn deciduous forest, full of amanitas and stropharias and vine maples and ferns and salal.

So today I found an hour to get in there in the rain and I was wet and I was happy and after an hour of looking pretty hard, I was also rewarded. THAT is the best feeling - after an hour of looking and wondering if you're getting warmer, and feeling like they have to be near you because you can sense you are in the PERFECT little cyan micro-habitat, to suddenly look down and go "Oh! Hi there little ones! My little caramel friends!" because there they are peeking out at you from the leaves on the forest floor. Like they've been waiting and wondering when you would get there.

These babies are part of a decently large patch (maybe 50-70 mushrooms) that is in a nice well-hidden spot and they will be just the right size for harvesting in about a week. One of three patches I found, all at the same level of maturity. Good times! Next weekend I'll be harvesting!
Screen shot 2012-11-18 at 2.08.35 PM.png (577kb) downloaded 457 time(s).
Screen shot 2012-11-18 at 2.10.49 PM.png (534kb) downloaded 456 time(s).

Ice House
#26 Posted : 11/18/2012 10:57:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up Well done! See ya next week brother.

IH

ps

hey beautiful photos btw
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Mr.Peabody
#27 Posted : 11/21/2012 4:41:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I got a moment to hit one of my patches today. These babies are healthy! I was surprised to see so many, I figured they'd all be picked, but I guess no one has found these. They were waiting for me!

The coffee cup is there for size reference, and also it's my inconspicuous pickin container. Very happy

Though these are big, they still aren't as big as some I found there last year. I found a cyan that weighed just over 19 grams. That one was a good trip by itself!

Mr.Peabody attached the following image(s):
IMAG0253.jpg (2,780kb) downloaded 403 time(s).
IMAG0256.jpg (3,675kb) downloaded 403 time(s).
Be an adult only when necessary.

Wax
#28 Posted : 11/21/2012 6:19:30 AM

LUVR

Nice Mr. P, thats exactly what I do with the coffee cup. Haha! Great looking mushrooms.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

staresatwalls
#29 Posted : 11/21/2012 6:29:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

beautiful finds mr.peabody Drool
‎"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust

idtravlr
#30 Posted : 11/21/2012 7:03:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Semios, those pictures are amazing, gorgeous, dopamine generating articles in their own right! Everyone's posts here are amazing of course, but Semios... Those are color pallet picture perfect brother! Nice work!

I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

semios
#31 Posted : 11/25/2012 12:52:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Met my brother from another mother Ice House this morning early for a nice Saturday walk in the woods. Cyans are coming on in my patches but still definitely have another week or two till there's a full-on flush of them at full size.

Tell me, why do they call them "caramel caps" again?
CaramelBunch.jpg (104kb) downloaded 342 time(s).
CyanLine.jpg (168kb) downloaded 342 time(s).
IH-CyansHands.jpg (137kb) downloaded 342 time(s).
CaramelCaps.jpg (84kb) downloaded 342 time(s).

Mr.Peabody
#32 Posted : 11/25/2012 1:07:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SO gorgeous!! Man I love those mushrooms.

Ice House
#33 Posted : 11/25/2012 3:06:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Semios Brother, Thanks for the wonderful time this morning, Nice Saturday morning walk indeed.

IH

ps

Mr.Peabody those are some wonderful looking specimines way to goThumbs up

Wax
#34 Posted : 11/28/2012 1:00:36 AM

LUVR

Finally! Found my first cyans while at the beach Big grin

Sorry for the thoughtlessness but I only managed to snap a photo of the smallest least attractive of the entire weekends find...Embarrased
Wax attached the following image(s):
Cyan.jpg (1,612kb) downloaded 315 time(s).
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Ice House
#35 Posted : 11/28/2012 3:17:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up

rudder
#36 Posted : 1/4/2013 4:57:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Striate margins on the pileus. I've always wanted to find those, but live too far south. Would they even naturalize if you used spawn to create an outdoor patch in the winter here?

basilic
#37 Posted : 3/2/2013 2:04:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful those wild cyanescens ,i have a question have you ever find cyanofriscosa because in EU we have cyanescens azurescens but cyanofriscosa no.

Mr.Peabody
#38 Posted : 12/3/2013 2:46:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just wanted to share a few pics I snapped while out for a walk in my favorite parks. You might be able to tell why they are my favorite parks (hint: these pictures have mushrooms in them)Wink

The first image was a cluster of rather pretty ones just hanging out in clear view along a walking path. I always am shocked when this happens. How can people walk by such awesomeness and not even know it?!

The second is from the same park, again just out in the open for the world to see.

The third is located under a tree at another park.

The fourth is a step back from the first. The same cluster in the third pic can be faintly seen at the very top of the fourth pic. This shot was difficult, as there was no way to get them all in focus! I counted about 60 individual shrooms in just that one image. There was more, lots more....Drool

Unfortunately, the weather got cold and froze most of these babies, so the shroomiez in the fourth pic never reached maturity Sad . Oh well, they'll manage. There's no keeping these bad boys down!
Mr.Peabody attached the following image(s):
Capture1.JPG (200kb) downloaded 181 time(s).
Capture2.JPG (99kb) downloaded 180 time(s).
Capture3.JPG (163kb) downloaded 180 time(s).
Capture4.JPG (320kb) downloaded 180 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#39 Posted : 12/3/2013 8:05:18 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Mmmm--- mouthwatering pictures! In my part of the world some cyans appeared in late August!! They continued into October; I thought they'd stopped for the year and then last week I saw some more at a different location nearby - growing out of a half-buried plank?! Sorry, no pics for these, though.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Dimitrius
#40 Posted : 12/22/2013 5:52:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah, man. I've got to become familiar what with this mushroom's habitat looks like.

I went all along the coastal line this morning looking for what MIGHT look like it, but to no avail.

I just know woody wood chips, a little grass and then there they should be.

I've not known this part of the world for very long, as I'm from Alabama, so this is all new to me.

Oh lovers of the Pacific Northwest, will you teach me?

Looking at parks the next time I go.

"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

PREV123NEXT