We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Falling into dark, and then light. Options

BlackandWhite
#1 Posted : 10/24/2010 10:36:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've done DMT 2 times now, and have had the same experience. Very frightening, but also very eye opening.
All I can remember after taking the 2nd hit, is falling into dark. Only black, and then I saw light. It's as if time stopped, and then it started to come back. I kept falling into the darkness as if I would die, then seeing the light that would keep me alive. Like being reborn, I felt at one with the universe. I had intense hyperventilation, which was described by my friend. I remember trying to keep a rhythm with my breathing and I feared that if I had not, then i would have fallen into the dark again and died. When I was back in reality but still felt the strong effects I was holding onto my friend for dear life. It was not pleasant, but after it was all over, I felt that I had control over everything in my life, and I can attract whatever I want into it.
It was definitely a positive life changing experience, and I still can't believe something that powerful exists in this world. I do not think I will do it again, and am kind of disappointed that I did not see more visuals.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

olympus mon
#2 Posted : 10/26/2010 12:27:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

well thank you for sharing your experinces blacknwhite. ya know i often tell people that trying dmt is kind of like going to one yoga class. odds are your probably not going to have a life changing moment at your first yoga class. your going to be overwhelmed by many new smells, thoughts, position's, and personalities as well as new insecurities, inhibitions and fears.

my point being that sometimes a persons first dmt experiences are not good examples of the potential and complexity of the substance. it sounds funny but ask any seasoned dmt user they will tell you that dmt feels very different than it did the first dozen journeys.

maybe be its not for you and there is no shame in that. its not for the vast majority of human beings. but....

maybe it holds the possibility of a completely different way of thinking. maybe it opens a world that are on some levels more real than this one. that's quite a profound shift and maybe worth trying again after learning more.

either way welcome, there is still so much to gain from being here whether you use dmt or not.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

BlackandWhite
#3 Posted : 10/26/2010 2:14:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot for the reply. It means a lot to get feedback on what I can expect in the future if I can get the fear out of the way to try it again. I was thinking about it last night, and I'm starting to wonder if maybe I was too scared to just let go and observe, and was too focused on getting back to reality so soon. It felt like if I let go then I wasn't going to come back.
Also my friend eyeballed the dose, so I am thinking that maybe it was too much both times.
Any other suggestions on how to let go right after the launch would be great. I have read many of the sites pages about this as well.
Thanks again, it is great to feel so welcomed here.

olympus mon
#4 Posted : 10/26/2010 5:13:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

dont mention it. here my best advice to your situation.

if you dont want to get invested into a cheap mg scale(which will make things more accurate) i would just start by putting a healthy eyeballed dose on but only taking one toke at a time. put the pipe down and wait and relax with it.
if and when you think you would like to go further take another toke. again put the pipe down lay back and relax.

unless you have a V.G or some other quality efficient vaporizer i doubt you would be able to toke an unwise dose in just one inhale. there are some who can take a 35mg in 1 hit but it takes some work amd a lot of confidence. i think your safer trying one hit a t a time than guessing how much a pile weighs and toke it clear! that's asking for trouble. plus this will ease you into familiarity with the molecule.

yes its very common to not be able to surrender to the experience, some never will fully. attempt to relax even if you have to fake it a little its better than feeding into the stress. try having a really comfy setting. romantic lighting is always good to set moods. burn some incense and just take your time with it. have some good music on (you should shut off prior to launch) and calmly decide when your ready.
at one toke at a time you should be able to smoke fairly confidently.

i find that the visuals tend to get bound up in the users tension. the more i hold back when im trying new substances or dosages i tend to have less or little visuals. once ive learned to relax on the same ammounts the visuals are there. i think this might be a survival technique of the psyche when it feels it cant handle anymore.

i wish you all the best if you decide to try again.Very happy
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.