We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
light oral doses at group gatherings? Options

artistofdivine
#1 Posted : 10/24/2010 1:38:24 AM

Sam

Does anyone have any experiences or thoughts of light oral doses (Ex: <1/2 grams mimosa) as being a fun casual drug like mushrooms?
'What if everything around you, Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know, Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection, Is it all you want it to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself... Find yourself afraid to see?'

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

actualfactual
#2 Posted : 10/24/2010 2:17:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

seems like a terrible idea.. too each their own though I guess..

Madcap
#3 Posted : 10/24/2010 2:44:36 AM

illudium Q-36

haha... be sure to let us know how it goes!
"
Seriously, no. I don't think it would be very "fun and casual"

Mushrooms.... Cactus.... sure.

pharmahuasca no.

Set and setting is very important and I don't think a party would be controlled enough.

Not to mention, for me... oral dosage can vary so much. You would totally ruin the party if you overshot your mark.

Picture your best party memory.... now input someone having a stronger than they expected pharma experience.

if you must, be safe..make sure you have someone with you that knows whats up.

DO NOT MIX MAOI WITH MDMA.... i hear that sort of stuff is available at some parties.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

artistofdivine
#4 Posted : 10/24/2010 3:34:15 AM

Sam

Yeah i figured i'd get some responses like that. But I think im going to try a light dose like a gram tonight at a party. Not a big party in case you were thinking that but more of a small get together.

olympus mon
#5 Posted : 10/24/2010 8:43:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

no, i would say its probably not the best substance for a party atmosphere. i try to not be judgmental on these types of things these days.
a lot of people freak out if you haven't chanted, burned a bushel of sage while declaring your intentions over a loud speaker sitting lotus. it doesnt always have to be so intensely serious but....theres probably a happy balance.

i think it was azreal that said once "every person has the right to explore their minds how they see fit" really wise words. that being said it more comes down to is it a good idea....

probably not, i could see it being easy to take too much and accidentally break through or worse in the bravado of the party vibe piling on more and more.
#2- its always felt super awkward when ive smoked in a random group settings let alone a party. that could just be me but i bet others would attest to the same.
#3- yea the spice is pretty special and although i didnt always in the beginning ive learned it really should be respected. its just different that way compared to lsd or mushrooms. all enthoes arent the same. some are social some are personal.

hell , but what do i know... maybe a light dose would be fun as shit at this party.Laughing you justr have to take this with a grain of salt. im on the outside looking in and everyone tends to be little "duddly do rights" from this perspective when its not them doing itLaughing

you must decide what dmt is too you.
OM'
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

BananaForeskin
#6 Posted : 10/24/2010 9:37:07 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

I definitely see where you're coming from, artist.... and it sounds like a good idea now...
but I know that during my oral experiences, even lesser ones, just being inside a dark room alone was too much of a party! A blanket showed up and I was like whoa, man, I can't handle these visions AND a physical object. However, this wasn't pharma, by ayahuasca and ayahaoma. Pharma could well be more manageable.

"every person has the right to explore their minds how they see fit"
I definitely agree with this, but it's worth noting that once you take that dose, you have given the controls of your mind-exploration train over to good ol' DMT. It's no longer exploring how you see fit, it's how the tryptamine sees fit, and THAT can get crazy fast.

If you still want to do this, it might be worth dosing an hour before you leave to go to the party, with a booster for once the effects start wearing off. When the times comes, if you're both willing and able to go to the party, then everything might be alright. At least that way you're less likely to get stuck in an unpleasant situation.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

artistofdivine
#7 Posted : 10/24/2010 4:51:39 PM

Sam

yeah last night didn't run so well. I think mimosahuasca was punishing me for using it the way i was.

WSaged
#8 Posted : 10/24/2010 6:43:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Surprise!!!????!!!

Details?

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madcap
#9 Posted : 10/24/2010 6:58:25 PM

illudium Q-36

eh.... it happens.

Although I have to ask for some details as well....

I'm not saying you owe us, as I offered my advise free and clear.

But, We did take some time to think through and type out a good response. I think an run down of the events may serve as a cautionary tale for future generationsWink

Hope all is well!

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

olympus mon
#10 Posted : 10/24/2010 7:18:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

live and learn my friend.

maybe the lesson here isnt as much about where and when to use dmt but more about trusting good advice from reliable more experienced people. i had a couple cocktails in me last night and thought you were talking about smoking light doses, when i realized this morning you meant oral i really would have been more adamant in my response.

oral dmt in a public setting like that would be awful as you may have discovered.

artistofdivine
#11 Posted : 10/25/2010 12:38:58 AM

Sam

Well i didn't go to the party cause after i dosed i had lots of vertigo and nausea and some other feversome symptoms

vampir
#12 Posted : 10/25/2010 5:49:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Depends what your idea of a "party" is!

In my case... people come over, we lay blankets all over the floor, pillows, etc. Everyone lies down, and takes light hits, and we have the BEST chillout playlists going! Smile It almost looks like a huge orgy on the floor, except everyone is wearing clothes, being really quiet, and not moving mucH! hahaha Smile So...if you're doing something like that, go for it Pleased

artistofdivine
#13 Posted : 10/25/2010 6:42:52 PM

Sam

That sounds like an amazing time vampir!

etybdrawkcab
#14 Posted : 10/25/2010 9:30:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

vampir wrote:
Depends what your idea of a "party" is!

In my case... people come over, we lay blankets all over the floor, pillows, etc. Everyone lies down, and takes light hits, and we have the BEST chillout playlists going! Smile It almost looks like a huge orgy on the floor, except everyone is wearing clothes, being really quiet, and not moving mucH! hahaha Smile So...if you're doing something like that, go for it Pleased

My favorite types of "parties". Even though usally where just "chilling"

etybdrawkcab is a fictional character living under the sea
and only in existence because my talented imagination

Apoc
#15 Posted : 10/26/2010 4:16:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

artistofdivine wrote:
Well i didn't go to the party cause after i dosed i had lots of vertigo and nausea and some other feversome symptoms

That's exactly why it's not a party drug. Plus in general the effect of dmt on the body is to be tired, maybe dizzy, lay down, and close your eyes, plus possible nausea. Not much of a party effect.

alzabo
#16 Posted : 10/26/2010 5:26:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like a great idea, potentially a very bad idea, and altogether something to take slowly while finding your own sweet spot.

I've had much more success smoking changa in large groups of strangers than I have had smoking marijuana.
DMT just gives me incredible empathy. I feel at ease and can approach the right people in the right way so that the vibes are just magic.
Perhaps I'm wired in reverse...
XD

My last aya trip was spontaneous and with strangers. I spent all week making a really nice brew with pure alkaloids extracted from syrian rue and mhrb tea with all the tannins fined out. It didn't taste great but was fairly neutral, which is good for aya.
The night I finished brewing, I set off in search of a group.
By sheer serendipitous luck, I soon found myself amidst a group of people in the middle of a mushroom party jam session.
The space was very open, filled with beautiful people. There was a bathtub in the corner with a guy in it, free-styling to the beats coming from the adjoining jam room.
There were several altars around the room with various food stuffs, bits of herbs, joints, shiny rocks, etc.
I placed the aya on an altar and let people know what it was, telling them that they were welcome to drink from it so long as they hadn't any drugs in there system besides marijuana and mushrooms.
The bottle was soon emptied and after some intense music making, we all found ourselves flumped on the floor, in much the same way as vampir described.

So, yes, it can be used for parties but be careful.
Know yourself, know your drugs, be healthy, be happy, breath easy.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

olympus mon
#17 Posted : 10/26/2010 5:47:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

alzabo wrote:

My last aya trip was spontaneous and with strangers. I spent all week making a really nice brew with pure alkaloids extracted from syrian rue and mhrb tea with all the tannins fined out. It didn't taste great but was fairly neutral, which is good for aya.
The night I finished brewing, I set off in search of a group.
By sheer serendipitous luck, I soon found myself amidst a group of people in the middle of a mushroom party jam session.
The space was very open, filled with beautiful people. There was a bathtub in the corner with a guy in it, free-styling to the beats coming from the adjoining jam room.
There were several altars around the room with various food stuffs, bits of herbs, joints, shiny rocks, etc.
I placed the aya on an altar and let people know what it was, telling them that they were welcome to drink from it so long as they hadn't any drugs in there system besides marijuana and mushrooms.
The bottle was soon emptied and after some intense music making, we all found ourselves flumped on the floor, in much the same way as vampir described.

So, yes, it can be used for parties but be careful.
K

had you ever drank the concoction you brought to the party prior to this brewing? im glad it all worked out for everyone but there's a lot of things that i wouldn't have been comfortable with in that scenario.
alzabo wrote:

Shocked thats really going to intensify someones mushroom trip in a large way. i hope everyone was aware of all this?

alzabo
#18 Posted : 10/26/2010 7:17:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, and Yes.

A sampled both the brew and the mushrooms in tandem about 60min prior to allowing anyone else to imbibe.
The combination was excellent.

I did not try and push the drink on anyone, nor did I ask for any compensation for providing it.
After I arrived and it was made understood that my presence would be welcome -- at first by a general friendliness from everyone, culminated by an explicit invitation to stay for a while, I began an introduction to what aya was, the process that I used to make it, what it meant to me personally, and all the applicable contraindications.

The drinking of the brew began with one person at a time.
When someone showed an interest in it, we would talk for a bit as I prepared them for the experience -- saying what I could in order to put them at ease.
In every case, I recommended starting with just a small cap full (the cap was just a bit smaller than what you would find on a 2liter soda bottle).

After those who showed interest had their first cap full, it became clear that the energy of the drink was a welcome one and it was passed around the room until, several hours later, it was emptied completely.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

olympus mon
#19 Posted : 10/26/2010 7:32:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cool brutha,
its good you were smart and caring about things. i dont want to sound judgmental but you got to admit showing up to a bunch of strangers with a jar of auahuasca at a party where people are on mushrooms and who knows what sounds kind of potentially hazardous until you went into more detail. Very happy
what was your journey like in that environment? how did other people integrate with the brew?

jamie
#20 Posted : 10/27/2010 1:41:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

To be honest I am somewhat surprised people view mushrooms as a party drug..mushrooms are every bit as powerful as ayahuasca is when you take a full on dose of them, just as a lighter dose of ayahuasca can be as light as a smaller dose of mushrooms. I think many people either have had week mushrooms or never taken enough of them..with ayahuasca people tend to know about DMT already and hyperspace so shoot for those doses.

Beyond that have concerns over the discussion of DMT being used as a party drug at all..not that I dont enjoy psychedelics at festivals..just that talking about DMT in relation to party drugs looks not so good..especially to people who dont know better..

I think it would be good to change the name of this thread to something relating DMT and gatherings or festivals etc..group experiences..party drug just sounds bad.
Long live the unwoke.

12NEXT