We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Why am I here? Options

Blacklabel7
#1 Posted : 10/23/2010 7:26:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

To put it simply... Phalaris.

When I first started my research a year ago, I was fascinated by the completely unseen world I had been missing. I went crazy. Starting reading crazy books by some crackpot named Shulgin (please see the sarcasm). Anyone ever read his story on Aleph-1 in PIHKAL? 6 hours of uncontrollable mental stimulation without any sort of traditional body high to accompany it... from 5 milligrams. This is the most amazing and scary idea I have ever come across. I'm sure most of you have had a sleepless night because you couldn't stop thinking. Imaging that night being FORCED on you, ten-fold, for 6 hours. Think of the instant productivity, followed by mental exhaustion.

If I had a dream, it would be to contribute to the advancement of these ideas. Useful ideas.

One way to contribute, is to hypothesize about the uses of Phalaris grasses. It's the only renewable and unlimited supply of alkaloids I have read about so far (at least in Oregon). Presently, I've hypothesized about 6 different times with no results and understand others have the same conclusion. It can't be that hard. So I want to collaborate. Why don't we have a Phalaris section yet? It's worthy enough.

Another dream would be to end up involved with intellectuals that share my dream to further our own minds. I guess I don't really care about mankind. I can see myself caring more about a select few that have pure thoughts. So if anyone wants to advance these ideas with me, and get away from this root bark garbage (dead market now), lets talk.

By the way, in my research and hypothesis, I've somehow obtained a pretty good pictorial record of someone's attempts.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 10/23/2010 10:35:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome!

Good to have you around! I would be more than happy to read about any experiments you do regarding phalaris. There is definitely the need to discover good alternative plant sources from dmt. I think its an interesting suggestion regarding having a section for phalaris (or at least a general one for 'non-mimosa plant sources'Pleased, we should think about it.

Just one constructive criticism though.. I get worried when I read people having the 'we vs them' or 'the selected ones vs the sheep' kind of attitude. In fact we have even added to our Health and Safety section, in the Integration part, that we should be critical with these kind of feelings and avoid feeding this self-superiority mindset.

I understand feeling dissapointed with some people, but there is also a lot to be gained by learning from the 'common person'. Everybody is a mirror which shows you a bit more about yourself. If you dont agree with something, be the example, be patient, understanding, show the right way with calm and good arguments or with personal actions. We are all in the same boat, "there are as many ways to god as there are created souls", know that each person might change so avoid judging others. I know I have definitely changed and if you would have seen me in my teenage days you would probably not consider me good. Im glad others have given me the chance to grow, and we should do our part in giving others the chance to grow too.

Anyways, these are just a few thoughts.. See you around!

Lavos
#3 Posted : 10/23/2010 4:27:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

While I cannot help so much with your inquiry, I hope someone can. On the other hand, I must agree with what endlessness said

Quote:
.. I get worried when I read people having the 'we vs them' or 'the selected ones vs the sheep' kind of attitude. In fact we have even added to our Health and Safety section, in the Integration part, that we should be critical with these kind of feelings and avoid feeding this self-superiority mindset.

I am learning very quickly in my baby steps into the psychic realm that there is not a lot of room for over superiority of some sort (the some sort that doesn't care about his kind, while I can relate, it's only by caring so much that I am so pained). It might be natural to feel a 'glow' from facing your truth and the unknown, but to become complacent in a we are higher than them attitude, is not a healthy thing IMHO. Anyone who goes out and does his workload, that he thinks few others would do, might carry some sense of entitlement. But these substances will show you quickly that 'sheep' people need love too.
My ego is insane, but I'm alright

The path of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. -William Blake

Lavos is a fictional character, a dream inside a dream. Don't take what he says to be true or representational of reality in any known form. He is inspired by pure fantasy.