We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Golden Book of Chemistry Experiments Options

sonofsnow
#1 Posted : 10/22/2010 7:35:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For those who like to do some practical experimentsWink
The things that IS has a meaning,
but it`s what IS NOT that make them usefull

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

sigmundfreuid
#2 Posted : 10/22/2010 8:16:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks !
Swim is a figment of your imagination and he's a compulsive liar,thus everything he says is pure lies !

camakazi
#3 Posted : 10/22/2010 9:19:08 PM

RUN DMT

i've been looking for something like this for ages, thanks very much for putting it up sonofsnow Smile.

I bought my little brother a good chemistry set for his birthday thinking we'll both learn something from it and have a bit of fun on sunday afternoons, but when he opened the box saying "over 100 fun experiments inside" there was no book included and there was no mention of it on the website either... so i basically bought him a box of aparatus and chemicals that's useless without a guide of somesort.

hopefully theres some cool stuff in this book.

cheers.
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

alicedee25
#4 Posted : 10/23/2010 6:29:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the upload, I hope the new members give this a read. The common chemicals and their formulas section, complete with a where to buy, is handy.

Rivea
#5 Posted : 10/23/2010 7:29:50 PM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

Looks like a book I had when I was a kid in the 1960s. Good basic stuff to start learning from.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

tryptographer
#6 Posted : 10/27/2010 6:53:39 PM

tryptamine photographer

A classic! The illustrations are brilliant.

Some pretty hardcore stuff in there, like playing around with H2S. Don't try this at home! Pleased

I first learned about it when reading about this guy who built a nuclear reactor at home with the help of americium from smoke detectors - apparently this was his favourite book as a kid!